VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. I'll start a list.

Suspect must:
1. have familiarity with and not stick out in AJ's neighborhood.
2. have familiarity with Southampton house location and/or route through area to NC
3. know AJ was home that week.

Suspect may:
1. work with WH.
2. have access to blue/black van.

And may drive a white compact car and participated in searches and may be a relative of WH??.

That video did me in....back to crying...dayum why does evil have to exist??

my thinking behind number three is working with the idea that the perp is still connected somehow to WH or the family because of the location of the cell phone search & location of body. If they knew the family enough to know AJ was away at school I can assume they would know she was around for spring break. She had already been around for the fight during the weekend, friends had already seen her, etc so unless this is 100% random (which it could definitely be!) I think it's good to keep #3 in mind MOO

(I want to add that I think WH knew AJ's school schedule whether it was because he was still in touch with JH or was making it his business on his own. My opinion of course)

For my own clarity, how do the location of the cell phone search and location of the body indicate someone who knew the family?

Also, the pattern of her being away at school went on longer than her "pattern" of being home for spring break (2 days). Keep in mind, I'm not saying a stranger did do it, but they certainly could have. I thought the list was criteria for anyone who could have committed the crime. I'm just saying a stranger could have. I've seen it happen before. I personally don't believe that's the case here, but if we're challenging ourselves with new suspects and scenarios…I can't rule out "stranger." Heck, I'm struggling to imagine theories that don't involve WH! lol But I'm trying…

MOO :)

I've been worried about this too. IMO there needs to be complete transparency with this particular situation because they have muddied a lot of the truth so far. If they used the money for WH's legal fees could people ask for money back or ask for details on what the funds are being used for? I would be livid and I hope this doesn't happen!

I think it's a done deal. passes the $$ on and doesn't monitor whatever the person organizing the fund does with the proceeds, regardless of what they put on the page.

In Cooper Harris' case PayPal made a very unusual move and refunded money to donors after Cooper's dad Ross was arrested for his murder. I think they did it because it was such a high profile case. I'm not aware of any other times this happened.

ETA: I don't mean it's a done deal that the money's going to WH's legal fund, I meant that the funds are directly deposited to the donee's account as they come in.

Coming out of lurkdom again, hugs to everyone here. My mind keeps drifting to the thought of WH indeed being heavily involved but not the primary perp? Only a consideration but when using Occam's razor, perhaps makes more sense as to why he seemed to immerse himself in the centre of the case and made, what seem to be, reckless and stupid choices....because he was covering for someone close rather than actually being directly responsible? Just a thought, would say JMO but not sure it is my opinion but just something that's been niggling away today.

First, While I disagree, I thank you for speaking your mind. I have considered this; however, his criminal and substance abuse background suggest he would likely distance himself from this sort of activity. The reason I say this is primarily because of personal knowledge of people I know with a history of addiction. While using, they were extremely careful to hide their behavior especially during a relapse. They became overly cautious and borderline paranoid about things like stopping completely at stop signs and driving at the speed limit. It is self preservation first and foremost...and that is without the additonal criminal history WH has.

I was cautious to suspect him initially. But it is the combination of factors that need to be cleared up before I can fully accept his innocence. The timeline discrepancies, the Obstruction, the drug use, the ammo and presumed firearm...those are just some of the risks I do not believe he would take if he were truly not responsible for AJ's death.

But that is just My Opinion.

I would reconsider #3. If it was someone who didn't know she was home for spring break, they may have thought they were going into a house where no one was home. The fact that she was there and surprised him could have resulted in her death.

True. I'll move to the 'May' column.

Suspect must:
2. have familiarity with Southampton house location and/or route through area to NC

Suspect may:
1. work with WH.

I think it's a done deal. passes the $$ on and doesn't monitor whatever the person organizing the fund does with the proceeds, regardless of what they put on the page.

In Cooper Harris' case PayPal made a very unusual move and refunded money to donors after Cooper's dad Ross was arrested for his murder. I think they did it because it was such a high profile case. I'm not aware of any other times this happened.

OT: I think of Cooper when I see the red truck on your posts.

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond. Tbh that's not even a theory I believe in, but like I say it's been niggling and was interested to hear thoughts from you guys as I think you all rock! I feel personally at best, he's a freaking weirdo with a horrendous previous record and at worst, guilty as hell.

I'm guessing the radio silence from LE is waiting for COD and other forensics, think we're going to have to buckle up over the next couple of weeks as every awful detail comes out.

RIP AJ you have touched hearts all over the globe xx

And may drive a white compact car and participated in searches and may be a relative of WH??.

I'll add those, too. Keep 'em coming everyone. I'm working on very little sleep today and need the help! ;)

Suspect must:
2. have familiarity with Southampton house location and/or route through area to NC (hwy 258 to Murfreesboro or farther West?)

Suspect may:
1. work with WH.
4. own or have access to a white car.
5. participated in searches.
6. be friend, family, or stranger (not sure if this is at all helpful.. )

The family (and some family friends) seem to be mired in anger, resentment and intimidation so I guess it isn't surprising that they continue to act as they do. Repurcussions forthcoming to the media, air horns and subtle threats on SM all appear to be part of the dynamic. I'm sorry they couldn't put those feelings aside temporarily in order to pay respect to AJ's memory. It's also distressing to see the ongoing pleas for money. But it is what it is and I think they aren't self-aware enough to realize how they look to others. Or maybe they just don't care. I don't know.

Thinking out loud here for a bit... If WH was just a regular guy with no criminal history I'd probably still start my sleuthing on family and close friends. After that I'd look at acquaintances and new friends. If that yielded nothing then I'd look at a stranger abduction. Problem is that WH put himself in the spotlight almost immediately and that's hard to ignore but if he hadn't, where would we go next?

I'm more familiar with cases of missing little ones and not so much with missing teens. Adding in the element that teens move about freely as opposed to small children who are in the care of adults really complicates things for me. AJ could have gone anywhere with anyone on March 2.

I find it odd that she would text her sister that she was with "friends" rather than name who she was with. Does that mean the text came from her and she was with someone who's unfamiliar to the sister or did someone else send the text? Was she trying to hide something, like a new romantic interest that she didn't want to tell her boyfriend about? And the minivan. The first thought I had was that minivans are vehicles owned by families. I don't know if that's actually true, it just struck me that way.

These thoughts would point me in the direction of possibly a neighbor or friend who had designs on AJ. Or maybe a family man. Sigh. If WH is not involved in AJ's death then all I can say is that he's right where he belongs. How dare someone who professed to love AJ intentionally use up precious LE time and take the focus away from her. And shame on others who may not have broken the law but are more interested in themselves and their wants than the loss of a beautiful child.

Sorry for rambling.

BBM

I zeroed in on this as well. If it was actually AJ who sent that text, then she obviously didn't want to reveal which "friend" she was with. Think about that long and hard for a second. If it was sent by someone else from AJ's phone, then that person really couldn't name the "friend", could they? Because it would have been VERY easy to contact that person and inquire as to AJ's whereabouts.

I would reconsider #3. If it was someone who didn't know she was home for spring break, they may have thought they were going into a house where no one was home. The fact that she was there and surprised him could have resulted in her death.

True, but in a random home invasion type of killing, ALMOST ALWAYS, the body is left in the home or dumped close by, with little attempt to hide it. And there would have been no texts to sister saying she was with friends etc.

I'll add those, too. Keep 'em coming everyone. I'm working on very little sleep today and need the help! ;)

Suspect must:
2. have familiarity with Southampton house location and/or route through area to NC (hwy 258 to Murfreesboro or farther West?)

Suspect may:
1. work with WH.
6. be friend, family, or stranger (not sure if this is at all helpful.. )

I have read every single thread so I don't think I've missed this but if I have apologies.

I'm a serial phone loser. And on the occasions I have lost my phone and a honest citizen has picked it up, they've looked for 'mum' in my contacts and texted her to say they've found my phone (I'm making myself look bad here this has happened twice maybe :blushing: so if this was a random stranger texting from AJ's phone to JH in the early hours (I forget the exact time) then yes they'd work out who to send that to pretty easily.

So my question is, when AJ supposedly sent that text to her sister saying she was with friends, was that a random text out of the blue, or was it a reply to her sister texting her wondering where she was?

Sorry if it's already been discussed, I've not seen it. A random stranger would not be able to work out who my brother was, or if he cared about my whereabouts at that specific time, solely by looking at my phone.

For my own clarity, how do the location of the cell phone search and location of the body indicate someone who knew the family?

Also, the pattern of her being away at school went on longer than her "pattern" of being home for spring break (2 days). Keep in mind, I'm not saying a stranger did do it, but they certainly could have. I thought the list was criteria for anyone who could have committed the crime. I'm just saying a stranger could have. I've seen it happen before. I personally don't believe that's the case here, but if we're challenging ourselves with new suspects and scenarios…I can't rule out "stranger." Heck, I'm struggling to imagine theories that don't involve WH! lol But I'm trying…

MOO :)

Sorry I should have clarified.. In my own mind, the location of the cell phone search & AJ are areas familiar with WH's job (not specific addresses, I suppose, but familiarity with the areas & maybe even people in the area) so I connect them together.. If both of the areas are familiar to WH because he would be out there for work, somebody working with him might know those areas as well. That's my line of thinking. If you look at it from the perp being a stranger angle, the location of the cell search & where AJ was found would just be a coincidence in terms of WH working in the area AND the location themselves wouldn't be connected, probably just a route on the way.

If she was killed by a stranger/intruder I could definitely see it being because she surprised somebody.. Maybe they were watching the house for a few weeks and didn't realize the household even had a college age student.. But then what would they be looking to steal? If AJ surprised them from the beginning I would think it would be easier to flee. If she surprised the perp mid burglary I guess there would have been even more evidence of a break in/struggle/items out of place and the missing persons report would have been filed much sooner.. like as soon as JH came home.

I'm in the exact same boat as you so I'm sorry if I ever come off as any other way! I'm just trying to go beyond WH and it's hard!

Suspect must:

Suspect may:
1. work with WH.
6. be friend, family, or stranger neighbor (not sure if this is at all helpful.. )

Changing stranger to neighbor. While AJ may not be particularly well known to the perp (stranger) according to geographic profiling, the perp would know the neighborhood and be known so as not to stick out.

Suspect must:

Suspect may:
1. work with WH.
6. be friend, family, or neighbor

I have read every single thread so I don't think I've missed this but if I have apologies.

I'm a serial phone loser. And on the occasions I have lost my phone and a honest citizen has picked it up, they've looked for 'mum' in my contacts and texted her to say they've found my phone (I'm making myself look bad here this has happened twice maybe :blushing: so if this was a random stranger texting from AJ's phone to JH in the early hours (I forget the exact time) then yes they'd work out who to send that to pretty easily.

So my question is, when AJ supposedly sent that text to her sister saying she was with friends, was that a random text out of the blue, or was it a reply to her sister texting her wondering where she was?

Sorry if it's already been discussed, I've not seen it. A random stranger would not be able to work out who my brother was, or if he cared about my whereabouts at that specific time, solely by looking at my phone.

I believe Zach answered this question, and I believe the sister had in fact texted first. I'll go look and see if I can verify that answer.

That's why it's there. :)

I think alot of us here hold on to a piece of something from a particular case which affects us on a very deep emotional level. My avatar is a photo taken by a local during Zahra Baker's memorial. She just looked up and there it was. Pink was Zahra's favorite color. :) I keep this avatar to remind myself why I am here.

ETA: I don't mean it's a done deal that the money's going to WH's legal fund, I meant that the funds are directly deposited to the donee's account as they come in.

Haha for a second I was like wait WHAT! But yea, I see what you mean. Interesting. So we would hope that IF the funds were used for something other than AJ they would be held personally accountable by people who donated. Recently I donated money to a family whose son was killed in a fire at the couple's home. About a week later we all recieved refunds because the person who set up the fund ended up being, well, sketchy. I hope the sites will become a little more see-through!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orfolk-3-March-2015-5&p=11616096#post11616096
03-23-2015, 06:37 PM #440 Zach

1. She texted Anjelica first.
2. Last to her sister was 2:30 "with friends" and a thumbs up emoji
3. Yes, but don't know what is real. No need to share yet.
4. Jacket. Ya. Maybe I will post later. Still trying to piece that together. Becoming clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch