DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zach
Verified Family AJ Hadsell
my main thought was possible overdose whether by herself or with someone
I never saw this post, but I would be inclined to then ask Zach why this would come to mind as a possibility?

If my daughter that is around AJ's age disappeared, this thought would never enter my mind. That being said, I am sure my daughter isn't perfect, this is something I am sure of. Did AJ have any issues with exploring or addiction? If yes, then could this be her underlying connection to WH? I mean, we could go 100 different ways with this, but first, we would really need more clarification from Zach.

I am going to make the leap that AJ had some addiction issues if this was Zach's initial thought. Ideally he communicated this to LE and if there isnt a COD for AJ that is incredibly obvious, this might lead LE to a chemical cause??

One thing I noticed about the redacted MP report is that the section which applied to anyone else who might have been involved in the incident or disappearance was redacted. Have I missed the chatter about who that might have been? Does the name run parallel to who ever the other person Zach was thinking of when he considered an OD?

Zach
I never saw this post, but I would be inclined to then ask Zach why this would come to mind as a possibility?

If my daughter that is around AJ's age disappeared, this thought would never enter my mind. That being said, I am sure my daughter isn't perfect, this is something I am sure of. Did AJ have any issues with exploring or addiction? If yes, then could this be her underlying connection to WH? I mean, we could go 100 different ways with this, but first, we would really need more clarification from Zach.

I'm not sure from when that post is from, but it may have been before Zach had information from her sisters about AJ's demeanor that morning? It took him a while to even believe that she had come to real harm. The timeline solidified as last seen at 7 am for the first time that I saw it credibly only after Hadsell was put behind bars.

I am going to make the leap that AJ had some addiction issues if this was Zach's initial thought. Ideally he communicated this to LE and if there isnt a COD for AJ that is incredibly obvious, this might lead LE to a chemical cause??

One thing I noticed about the redacted MP report is that the section which applied to anyone else who might have been involved in the incident or disappearance was redacted. Have I missed the chatter about who that might have been? Does the name run parallel to who ever the other person Zach was thinking of when he considered an OD?

Zach was in deep denial for quite some time because he still had daughters who were interacting with WH and he didn't want to believe he could hurt them. His initial impulse from the get go was that she "took off." Then this overdose. I'd like to know what he is thinking now.

ETA: He posted about this on his FB, but also here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orfolk-3-March-2015-6&p=11623751#post11623751
Zach said:
well, the first day was questionable. you don't know if she just left on her own. i mean she's an adult and lives 100 miles away, just visiting home. i figured she just left - for the first week.

Zach

I appreciate Zach's perspective and open responses as we wade through all of this. Has this theory of his been completely discounted?

Curious why he had that concern? Was it ever given he felt this? Had she been on meds? Was she depressed as in suicidal? I will go back and read his posts. Thank you

Umm, I'm sorry you feel that way, but there are a whole lot of people here who are proud to be NORFOLK (Nor****) residents however they came to be so. This city and region has a rich and diverse culture, a wonderful coastline, the Chesapeake Bay, and the largest Naval Base on the planet. I kind of find your comments a tad ignorant and unnecessary. I don't believe my wonderful hometown had a hand in murdering AJ. ~~~ But I will agree that the highways here suck royally.

Agreed wholeheartedly! Thank you for this. Our city has been given an undeserved bad reputation. All large cities has less than desirable areas. We concentrate on what is good and love living here....and yes...the highways suck and it is Norf*ck!

Zach was in deep denial for quite some time because he still had daughters who were interacting with WH and he didn't want to believe he could hurt them. His initial impulse from the get go was that she "took off." Then this overdose. I'd like to know what he is thinking now.

I'm sure it would be safe to say he's thinking of the well being and safety of the daughters that remain to him.

Thank you for that perspective.

There must have been a basis for his statement tying her disappearance to drug use.

I know this is hard. It is tempting to create a perspective of your loved one that is rosy-Zach seems like he is trying to keep everything realistic. I think the most important thing in a case like this one is knowing as much as you possibly can about a victim. AJ is not less of a victim if she was struggling with an addiction. She is still a lovely woman whose life is over far too soon.

I dont have a handle on WH yet. I have read Zach's loving tributes on his FB page. I havent gotten the sense from any of his posts that this is a slam dunk in his mind. I could be wrong. I am new to the case-someone asked me if I was familiar with it and I have been busily trying to bring myself up to speed.

I appreciate all of the perspectives regarding Zach's original belief it was an OD situation. I am eager to hear why he had that thought at that time.

Link to Zach's post about possible OD: LINK HERE

Sounds right, believe09.

He was later at the scene when they found AJ, he texted a post to Tricia linked to the radio show from last Thursday night (if post found will be linked here). He was there with his dad as they moved AJ to the ME.

I'm only expressing an observation. In 56+ years living in three regions, Northern VA, Southwestern VA and Central VA, I have never met anyone who had a desire to live in Norfolk, VA. It always seemed the main draw was the USN. Crime reports for the Commonwealth show that there are more missing females in the Tidewater area than any part of Virginia, including the highly populated Northern VA region or The State Capitol of Richmond. And until only the last 20 or so years, many Virginians opted to beach in the Carolinas versus any Virginia Beach. Even today, The City of Virginia Beach is still trying to erase their longtime image of a seedy beach town.

Well spoken!

I had my car towed there several years ago and they allowed us to get a blanket from my truck while we were waiting for cash from my family to pay the tow company.

Someone walked up to my son and handed him 5 dollars because they thought he was homeless.

IMO that says a LOT about the area.

Sounds right, believe09.

He was later at the scene when they found AJ, he texted a post to Tricia linked to the radio show from last Thursday night (will find and post link here). He was there with his dad as they moved AJ to the ME.

?? I dont think I have this one right-he was at the scene and texted a post to Tricia?

This post came in the middle of a night where another poster felt he was suspicious and shouldn't be cleared without questioning. I don't know how much of their interaction survived mod cleanup. You can see that this was snipped. Zach is describing how relentlessly he has searched for her and what was going through his mind in the process. If you weren't there while this was happening, I can see how you might be confused, especially with what has been removed.

Zach
Zach is online now Verified Family AJ Hadsell

i went searching for her. all possibilities were on the table. your child's missing. you look for footprints in the snow. my main thought was possible overdose whether by herself or with someone. but i was looking for anything and everything.

Last edited by sillybilly; 04-08-2015 at 01:42 AM. Reason: snip rude quote and response ]

Whats left of the orig comment.

I initially considered the possibility of a drug overdose. What changed my mind was the break-in and the discovery of the remains. You don't break into a house to plant evidence on someone if the victim is an overdose case. You don't drive an overdose victim all the way to South Hampton County, to an abandoned house, and dump her there. You don't play games with an overdose victim's phone, pretending to be her. You just don't. An overdose victim, even one that dies in your home where illegal drugs are being used, can, quite frankly, be dumped anywhere. There is nothing to tie that body or that death to you, so why would it matter? Why wasn't her lifeless body simply taken to the ballpark, or left on the beach in Oceanview, if someone wasn't trying to hide the evidence of their involvement in her death?

Overdose? In my opinion, absolutely not. Although, it would not surprise me in the least if the toxicology reports came back and showed that there were illegal drugs in her system at the time of her death.

Something I noticed is that he "attempts" suicide after several incidents where he was in trouble and got caught. Note that he is still alive. I have absolutely NO explanation for why he ran away from home after TS's death, or why he tried to commit suicide after that occurred. I could speculate, but I don't think my speculation on that would help us one bit, so I'm not offering it up for discussion.

One thing I do find extremely bizarre is WH's retelling of the events that occurred when TS died. They are quite simply, a bald faced lie. Yet, for some reason, he goes out of our way to tell us about his friend's death. Why?!

http://childhoodtraumarecovery.com/2013/05/11/childhood-trauma-its-relationship-to-psychopathy/

That isnt a very good article but theres a well documented link between childhood trauma (even imagined ones I suspect) and psychopathy.....or anti social personality disorder as its being called now.

I initially considered the possibility of a drug overdose. What changed my mind was the break-in and the discovery of the remains. You don't break into a house to plant evidence on someone if the victim is an overdose case. You don't drive an overdose victim all the way to South Hampton County, to an abandoned house, and dump her there. You don't play games with an overdose victim's phone, pretending to be her. You just don't. An overdose victim, even one that dies in your home where illegal drugs are being used, can, quite frankly, be dumped anywhere. There is nothing to tie that body or that death to you, so why would it matter? Why wasn't her lifeless body simply taken to the ballpark, or left on the beach in Oceanview, if someone wasn't trying to hide the evidence of their involvement in her death?

Overdose? In my opinion, absolutely not. Although, it would not surprise me in the least if the toxicology reports came back and showed that there were illegal drugs in her system at the time of her death.

What if you were the person(s) supplying the drugs?

Zach

That was wild brainstorming. Wishful thinking. Nothing solid to base that off of except the hope that something worse didn't happen. I have no knowledge of her using drugs and don't suspect she did. It's still a possibility that someone gave her drugs, under what circumstances could vary greatly but no specific evidence to support that.

I have absolutely no reason to suspect drugs. That was a gut feeling, in lieu of thinking someone deliberately killed her.

Curious why he had that concern? Was it ever given he felt this? Had she been on meds? Was she depressed as in suicidal? I will go back and read his posts. Thank you
No. Geez. It was just a random possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member