VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am many pages behind, so I am sorry if this has been covered. Is Zach okay? It appears he has locked down his FB page and his blog? I don't blame him one bit if he needs to take a break from SM, etc...

Zach last posted on his FB page at 4:57am yesterday. He was thanking people for their kindness.

I do not necessarily agree. Seminal fluid degrades very quickly, especially in the vagina. Seminal fluid in the vagina of a decomposing body degrades even more rapidly...and degrades to the point where detection is very difficult, imo. Here is a link to a site which explains the methods by which semen is detected. Note the problems and/or limitations with detection in each method, and remember that we are discussing a body that has been exposed to the elements, water, microbes, insect activity and animal predation for 30 days.

https://ncforensics.wordpress.com/2011/10/19/forensic-tests-for-semen-what-you-should-know/

I wasn't even thinking about internally. I was thinking about on her clothes/underwear. :/ tough thought I know but just had to put it out there.

I know this is graphic, but if semen left the vagina and dried on her underwear, it's more likely that forensics can gather something (assuming the perp did not use protection)

JMO ...Do you think this possible object might have been where they found the body or possibly closer to her home that she was taken from ? .....or located with any of the possibly planted/found evidence ? Would they be able to tell if soil was found on her or said object exactly what yard or area ? >>>>Just wundrng no speculation

My Opinion Only and I say this without a thorough theory, (yet) She wasn't found "in soil", she was on a concrete slab. I don't recall the exact temperatures there during the month she was unaccounted for, but, being frozen and then warmed up can deteriorate bone fast. If you recall HG was found in woody damp area and I'm sure the insects are going to be different and different rates than where AJ was found. I am skeptical about a pesticide or some other chemical that could have been poured on her to accelerate decomp and ruin (potentially) DNA.
Didn't that neighbor out on Smith's Ferry say it was only in the past week (prior to 4/9/2015) that he had seen the vultures?
It just seems to me that IF this was a simple GS wound the ME would have DX it at that without further info from and Anthropologist.
It is my belief there is something there that has LE and the ME stumped.

I wasn't even thinking about internally. I was thinking about on her clothes/underwear. :/ tough thought I know but just had to put it out there.

I know this is graphic, but if semen left the vagina and dried on her underwear, it's more likely that forensics can gather something (assuming the perp did not use protection)

If she was found clothed,,,,,

If she was found clothed,,,,,

Yes, THAT we don't know for a fact either. IMO, I think that someone's explosive anger got the best of him and she died of asphyxiation because it's the only way I can picture it happening. A heated argument turned deadly. JMO

I wonder if any one tied to this case has connections with the old house where she was found. I also wonder if there is any evidence of her being inside the house.

I have been trying to find this out. I don't know enough about Virginia to find out. Here in western North Carolina everything is online. You can find anything back to 1995. Sheriff and his cronies were stealing property and not auctioning it off on court house steps nor paying taxes. They all are gone now.

I should probably let everyone know that in just ONE week, a body can decompose about 60% (more so when the body is lying outside in the open and exposed to wildlife). AJ was found almost a month and a half after her TOD. This may clear up any need for a forensic anthro. I'm not surprised they have called one imo.

Slightly off-topic...but it seems to me that if one is serious about starting a reputable organization to assist in locating missing persons, one ought to care enough about the organization to take a few seconds to proof read what is posted on that organization's behalf.

Because I, for one, have never heard of an "age striction" ?

I know nobody can name names because nobody else has been named a POI but I can't really think of anyone else they would arrest. I am fascinated by how everyone else's minds work here!!! Maybe I'm just being naive.

My Opinion Only and I say this without a thorough theory, (yet) She wasn't found "in soil", she was on a concrete slab. I don't recall the exact temperatures there during the month she was unaccounted for, but, being frozen and then warmed up can deteriorate bone fast. If you recall HG was found in woody damp area and I'm sure the insects are going to be different and different rates than where AJ was found. I am skeptical about a pesticide or some other chemical that could have been poured on her to accelerate decomp and ruin (potentially) DNA.
Didn't that neighbor out on Smith's Ferry say it was only in the past week (prior to 4/9/2015) that he had seen the vultures?
It just seems to me that IF this was a simple GS wound the ME would have DX it at that without further info from and Anthropologist.
It is my belief there is something there that has LE and the ME stumped.

I agree. Not sure anyone has any idea. So very sad.

If a victim is strangled, but the body decomp is so severe that LE can't determine that the victim indeed died by strangulation, a forensic anthro would examine the neck bones and look for fractures, however tiny in specific bones. (a fracture doesn't ALWAYS show but it can)

Slightly off-topic...but it seems to me that if one is serious about starting a reputable organization to assist in locating missing persons, one ought to care enough about the organization to take a few seconds to proof read what is posted on that organization's behalf.

That's the first thing I noticed when I read it. I have never ever heard of that. idk wtf they're talking about.

Yes, THAT we don't know for a fact either. IMO, I think that someone's explosive anger got the best of him and she died of asphyxiation because it's the only way I can picture it happening. A heated argument turned deadly. JMO

Why would he argue with her?

The only one I heard she was having an argument with was her mother.
JMO

Let's not forget that there is still a CRIME SCENE somewhere! I don't believe that she was taken to that empty house and killed there...I hope this comes to light in the next few days/weeks (hopefully closer to days lol) too.

What, pray tell is an "age striction" ?

There have been so many typos and grammatical errors in statements and posts on behalf of the family and the organization. I completely understand that not everyone writes like an English major - but if you're acting as an officia <modsnip>

The memorials that I have been to where the body was cremated, the cremation didn't happen until after the funeral. Since this in all likelihood would have been a closed casket, it doesn't seem to be important whether there was an urn or not. The immediate family could have had the body cremated and did a separate private ceremony including spreading the ashes, and it could have happened before the public memorial. At that point the urn is really unnecessary.

IMO, I feel better about the case for finding the killer if the body was already released. That would tell me that they have an abundance of evidence already. It points to someone who was close to her and LE seemed to have all of the suspects under a close eye by late in the first week.

When my MIL passed, we just had a private family viewing and then had her cremated and were given the ashes a week or so later. I would hope to goodness it would be closed casket if anything at all. Maybe it was just like a memorial service.

Oh my I can't Bear to wunder where the loyalty lies...JMO on an observation ;)

"So many ears in the woods of this city"

Oh my I can't Bear to wunder where the loyalty lies...JMO on an observation ;)

"So many ears in the woods of this city"

Whatever I say here is within the TOS of this forum, or the mods will remove my post. I stand by every word I post, and don't care who reads it...member, lurker or guest. :)

What do you expect from a con-striction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli