VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not media's job to "comply" with LE; it is media's job to inform the public. And that's usually how it works. LE can accomplish much if it maintains transparency and that transparency is transmitted via honest and timely reporting. Crime solving is not a game of hide and go seek, nor is reporting one of facilitating any such scheme.

Just some random thoughts about sightings of missing people. I've learned to take them with a shaker of salt. Hannah Thomas-Garner was "seen" by many in Ocala, FL but she was always in the Santa Cruz, CA area. There were no sightings of her there, in part, I believe, because there wasn't a big media push there...and she had changed her appearance.

People really want to be helpful and are sure they have seen someone. But can neighbors really say precisely when my car comes and goes or if I was the one driving it? I don't think their powers of observation are a whole lot better than mine. I'd be hard-pressed to remember what day I saw someone's car pull into their driveway if they come and go a lot. It all blurs together. I'm not saying AJ's neighbor is wrong, but I'm not going to base a timeline on that.

On the other hand, AJ's tweeting and texting habits are much more telling IMO.

I would be very happy with this scenario.

I don't know the legalities of it. If the media has access to public records, would a simple LE request stop them from getting a juicy story out there? I don't know what it's even called with the press - a gag order? Can that apply to the press without violating their 1st amendment rights?

In general, LE & the Press try to maintain good relations. It's a two way street :). In situations like the one we're discussing, a "gag order" wouldn't be necessary, a request would probably suffice. In fact, as things stand at the moment, it wouldn't even take a request, there is no named POI. As I said before, Responsible, reputable journalists (and their employers) won't publish. the potential for lawsuits is enormous.

The other possibility is, of course, that LE has confirmed to the media, privately, that this particular "line of inquiry" has been thoroughly investigated and Cleared. (IMO this is not the case here, I think LE just aren't saying anything to anyone).

On the other hand, sometimes LE *are* stuck with a mountain of circumstantial evidence, and need a "break". In such a scenario, we might see an article with details ascribed to "sources close to the investigation", for example.

All this, as always, JMO, & slight knowledge & experience of working with the media, but not in the U.S.

Normally I would expect less than reputable msm folk to just run with the juicy "history" (afterall, it is fact and can be proven) in any case. This time there is none. Zero. Nada. I do find that odd, especially considering people are actually publicly tweeting the info to media. So yeah, you have to wonder why they're not taking the bait. Shoot, even Nancy Grace hasn't touched it, and I'd expect her to be first in line for the whole **breaking - this just in** teaser.

AJ's SM is pretty tightly locked, good for her.

Twitter: anjelicamariee
Facebook: anjelica.hadsell
Pinterest: anjelicaamarie
Youtube: Anjelicaahadsell
Google+
Instagram: @anjelicaamarie
LinkedIn

Two thoughts:
1. Seeing her boards on Pinterest about her ideas for a future wedding really rips my heart out. Makes me really want to believe she is still out there and doing okay.

2. I am in total agreement w. something having happened to her earlier than the third. That would mean that the neighbor's story about seeing her truck wasn't true, but it has become clear lately that no one REALLY knows what time she was anywhere. Like, if she met up with her dad at a gas station around 1pm for cash, why would she drive to the house an hour later? Makes no sense.

Anyway she tweets roughly 15 times a day. In the days leading up to her disappearance she was tweeting even more frequently - I imagine since it was spring break she had more time on her hands. Then it completely stops on March 1st. That is ridiculously abnormal! If she is still in contact with her parents via cellphone by the 3rd, it makes no sense whatsoever that she would not be tweeting for a few days straight considering she literally tweets all the time. ESPECIALLY if something was going on in her life... you would think she would be tweeting more like "ugh so stressed" or something.

Thank you for these links and thoughts. Have you guys read all the way through on her tweets? At least thru feb? What are your thoughts? I am alarmed that it seems she may have not been happy in school. It also seems there may be some familiar ppl there.

A lot of what she tweets are song lyrics. Pretty typical of her age group on Facebook and Twitter.

As I said before, Responsible, reputable journalists (and their employers) won't publish. the potential for lawsuits is enormous.
Snipped for brevity. I think this is exactly the situation here. I believe if the media had even the tiniest shred of something substantial regarding his involvement, they would be all over it. But without that, the risk to the bottom line and possibility of hindering an investigation stay their pens.

A lot of what she tweets are song lyrics. Pretty typical of her age group on Facebook and Twitter.

YES. I freaked out at my daughters twitter until I found out they were mostly lyrics and lines from films she was posting. :blush:

YES. I freaked out at my daughters twitter until I found out they were mostly lyrics and lines from films she was posting. :blush:

Yep, here too. The kinds of lyrics teenage girls tweet & share on FB make you think it's time to lock them up and seek a mental health professional immediately. But I don't listen to modern, popular music (classic rock & prog fan here) so I have no idea they're lyrics until I'm all "what is that?! Get that crap off FB right now!" Then they're all "mom, it's just a song lyric, I'm not THAT creepy". Sigh...

Are you not allowed to discuss past WS cases? Just courious

Certainly we are but as it stands, this one is a little different. We cannot discuss past WS cases where, for example, the suspect in the past case is a victim or family member in a current case. Because WS is 100% victim and family friendly, we try really really hard to abide by those rules.

That being said, the split second anyone is named by LE as a person of interest (POI) or a suspect, we're all over it like white on rice.

I hope that helps. :) Sometimes we just have to sit on our hands. Or, staple them to the floor.

Of course past cases can be discussed. This case is rather unique in that a party in the case was a suspect in a previous case ten years ago. To prevent members from jumping to conclusions and posting unfair allegations in a situation where the circumstances are unrelated to the prior case, a decision was made not to bring the past forward, so to speak.

For future reference, when you have questions about the rules, please send them in a pm to a mod or admin. That goes for everyone, and it's spelled out in TOS.

Thanks.

When you see a series of asterisks in a link, that means the site is banned on WS. So you can't link to it. And no link, no post.

AJ's SM is pretty tightly locked, good for her.

Twitter: anjelicamariee
Facebook: anjelica.hadsell
Pinterest: anjelicaamarie
Youtube: Anjelicaahadsell
Google+
Instagram: @anjelicaamarie
LinkedIn

Two thoughts:
1. Seeing her boards on Pinterest about her ideas for a future wedding really rips my heart out. Makes me really want to believe she is still out there and doing okay.

2. I am in total agreement w. something having happened to her earlier than the third. That would mean that the neighbor's story about seeing her truck wasn't true, but it has become clear lately that no one REALLY knows what time she was anywhere. Like, if she met up with her dad at a gas station around 1pm for cash, why would she drive to the house an hour later? Makes no sense.

Anyway she tweets roughly 15 times a day. In the days leading up to her disappearance she was tweeting even more frequently - I imagine since it was spring break she had more time on her hands. Then it completely stops on March 1st. That is ridiculously abnormal! If she is still in contact with her parents via cellphone by the 3rd, it makes no sense whatsoever that she would not be tweeting for a few days straight considering she literally tweets all the time. ESPECIALLY if something was going on in her life... you would think she would be tweeting more like "ugh so stressed" or something.

I see at least 7 tweets from March 1. I'm not proficient at tweeting, so please let me know if I'm mistaken but they do say March 1.

I see at least 7 tweets from March 1. I'm not proficient at tweeting, so please let me know if I'm mistaken but they do say March 1.

Yep! I meant that after March 1st, there are no more tweets. Sorry if my rhetoric was unclear. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member