VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my observation but she made mention of tourney coming up in a couple weeks and it's going to be cold (her twitter). To me, that sounds like intent on attending, in the future. If she had intent on leaving, I don't think she would care to mention she had tourney in a few weeks. I hope that makes sense. And like I said, just my observation.

Exactly. She was actively involved in her social/athletic/academic life. She had plans, she had goals and she seemed to be having a great time at 18 years old. Yes, I'm using past tense :(

However, if she walked away and didn't want to be found, it would be necessary to abandon her known accounts.

It would, but then would she also keep all her friends in the dark and allow them to keep looking for her, tweeting about how much they miss her, how heartbroken they are that she's missing? I guess the alternative would be to bring them in on it and fake all those SM messages but that really sounds like a stretch.

"When she saw me last?" Wow. He's being very careful. He was careful not to say "when I saw her last." JMO

I don't honestly know if this is an example of being careful. Have you listened to him speak? I think he just turns his words around a lot. So I'm trying not to put too much weight on it and give him the benefit of the doubt. My impression at the time was that he was anxious to get certain points out, and some verbal quirks developed in phrases that he wasn't paying too much attention to. That is why I didn't bring it up right away. There are other possible implications. I really don't want to go there.

I listened to the recording twice, and I am not anxious to listen to the whole thing again. It would be interesting to grab the recording and snip it apart so that we could listen to things in context. I might think about doing that at some point. We have the software that should allow us to do that, but it is more my husband's realm of work.

Exactly. She was actively involved in her social/athletic/academic life. She had plans, she had goals and she seemed to be having a great time at 18 years old. Yes, I'm using past tense :(

Hannah Thomas-Garner was everything you describe. She was in Advanced Placement classes, applying for jobs, seemingly happy when she texted and talked to her Dad in Texas. But she was privately unhappy, planning to run away, and she damaged a car she loved and ran away for over three months (with no phone, known money, or clothing) before calling her loving, supportive Dad. She also had young siblings she loved and she skipped Christmas. She abandoned her social media. She was involved socially with some sketchy people who seemed to be involved in her disappearance. It didn't seem possible that she had run away, despite LE insistence that she had. I learned from that case that missing people don't always do what is expected. It was a hard lesson, but a happy ending.

I hope the same for AJ, even though it seems unlikely at this point.

I am not sure but some how I remember him saying "Like a brother" possibly he was referring to someone like a brother to him. A larger adult not teen or younger adult. I think I may have figured out who's things were deleted off the Bring AJ home page. Not exactly local.

Hannah Thomas-Garner was everything you describe. She was in Advanced Placement classes, applying for jobs, seemingly happy when she texted and talked to her Dad in Texas. But she was privately unhappy, planning to run away, and she damaged a car she loved and ran away for over three months (with no phone, known money, or clothing) before calling her loving, supportive Dad. She also had young siblings she loved and she skipped Christmas. She abandoned her social media. She was involved socially with some sketchy people who seemed to be involved in her disappearance. It didn't seem possible that she had run away, despite LE insistence that she had. I learned from that case that missing people don't always do what is expected. It was a hard lesson, but a happy ending.

I did follow her case (although not as closely as this one) and I was just stunned when it was reported she'd called her dad. This one just has a completely different vibe to it, for me.

I am thinking about AJ's siblings today. She seems to have been a loving big sister, by many accounts. That makes me wonder if she was supposed to be home when the younger sibling arrived home from school? Also, is there a younger sibling still in daycare? Is it my imagination, or somewhere at the beginning of this case, was Mom or someone saying she was supposed to pick up a younger child from daycare (or maybe it was be home when the younger one arrived home?). I don't believe a responsible big sister who spent so much time with her siblings, even having them prominently on her FB page and cover photos, would "abandon" them. She seems to have been a major caretaker in their lives. I know you guys keep referring to the HTG case, but I'm sorry, my gut feeling is that this isn't the same scenario. Thanks for listening, even if you don't agree :)

I could possibly be wrong, as it was put back on...just looking for anything because what we know really is not tellingus anything.

He's made it a private, invited readers only blog. Smart move.

Bizarre, I still have access to his blog! He changed the last blog entry significantly. I have no idea why you guys can't access it, unless it was simply down for a couple hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Three months with no contact to family! (Not to mention money, clothing, and things one is used to having!) Good to know for cases like these...

I am thinking about AJ's siblings today. She seems to have been a loving big sister, by many accounts. That makes me wonder if she was supposed to be home when the younger sibling arrived home from school? Also, is there a younger sibling still in daycare? Is it my imagination, or somewhere at the beginning of this case, was Mom or someone saying she was supposed to pick up a younger child from daycare (or maybe it was be home when the younger one arrived home?). I don't believe a responsible big sister who spent so much time with her siblings, even having them prominently on her FB page and cover photos, would "abandon" them. She seems to have been a major caretaker in their lives. I know you guys keep referring to the HTG case, but I'm sorry, my gut feeling is that this isn't the same scenario. Thanks for listening, even if you don't agree :)

I agree. She obviously loved her sisters, I do not think she would leave them in a dangerous home if she felt it was. Even if she left they have a bio father. He could help her get the girls out of the house.

Random question - What web-site does everyone use for back ground checks? Do you pay for them?

I've seen several people posting about inconsistencies and changing information, and I just want to clarify one such comment that keeps coming up.

This article reads "During a search last Thursday, AJ's father says he found some broken pieces of her credit card less than a mile from their home. But still no sign of AJ."
But if you actually view the video, and listen to WH's own language at 1:47, he says "and they found three more additional pieces of the credit card." http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/mycity/norfolk/2015/03/12/he-search-for-aj/70226930/
So I think the culprit of this inconsistency/story change is the media.

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I am fairly certain WH has steadily said "credit card" so I'm not sure why MSM has stated that a debit card and/or credit and debit cards were found. As far as I can see it was just one credit card found in about 4 pieces. Sorry to be nit picky! Just my :twocents:

Someone a while back was wondering about the warrant and it was mentioned something about VA not making that public...or something...?????

We all speculated as to who this 'POI' was and we thought maybe he was implying ZH but then realized probably not. So then maybe the friend who found the 1st credit card pieces...or the friend who called himself brother (or maybe they are one and the same). All speculating. LE has not named any POIs...so....

Yeah for some reason I am still thinking about it being her peers.

Exactly. Hannah had signs of running. A lot, though I know not all, of runaways have evidence of such on SM.. Drama, hints, previous attempts, etc. I feel that if AJ left on her own accord LE would release a statement as such.. Even if just a sentence.

I've seen several people posting about inconsistencies and changing information, and I just want to clarify one such comment that keeps coming up.

This article reads "During a search last Thursday, AJ's father says he found some broken pieces of her credit card less than a mile from their home. But still no sign of AJ."
But if you actually view the video, and listen to WH's own language at 1:47, he says "and they found three more additional pieces of the credit card." http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/mycity/norfolk/2015/03/12/he-search-for-aj/70226930/
So I think the culprit of this inconsistency/story change is the media.

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I am fairly certain WH has steadily said "credit card" so I'm not sure why MSM has stated that a debit card and/or credit and debit cards were found. As far as I can see it was just one credit card found in about 4 pieces. Sorry to be nit picky! Just my :twocents:

as per his interview from Sunday he wasn't there when it was found

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1025uXR2A4W5cOl08c74yyTAfnP2z2upQdFdywZTtyEw/edit?pli=1

page 4 about halfway down - won't let me copy and paste

Bizarre, I still have access to his blog! He changed the last blog entry significantly. I have no idea why you guys can't access it, unless it was simply down for a couple hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's back up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members