VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question... The only phone number I have been able to find regarding where to send tips is the Norfolk Police. Now, family says it received a tip and went searching, and found and evidence and then notified LE. So how did the family get this tip? FB message? Someone who knows how to contact the family? Police said they are acting on a tip, so which is it? Who received the tip first? Because, if the family received the "tip" first, how did they receive it? How would a person know these potential items of clothing were found a great distance away and then know to contact the family directly? Doesn't add up

I just know if someone was missing in my town, then if someone spotted clothes in a woodsy area 45 min away , I don't think their first guess would go to the missing person here.

It's just a weird way to look at it. Someone on the inside, had to know Aj may have been in that area or crossed over it, and left clothes or placed clothes or I don't even know anymore!! None of this makes sense..

Unless she was abducted and tried to leave clues to point to her direction, but it would have all been found days apart, not weeks!

Now I understand why the person who we can't link was being very unprofessional and rude towards the posters last night.

Y
In all the cases in all the combined years that all of us have followed crime news and true crime cases, how often does the family find evidence that is not in the home? How often do they find key evidence in the house?

It could be a coincidence. (Isn't one of Jethro Gibbs' Rules "There's no such thing as a coincidence.")

Laundry done but needing to be folded and we have to be somewhere later...but I am sucked in, sitting on pins and needles.

Family and friends of Hadsell tell 10 On Your Side they started searching the area around 5 p.m. March 19 after they got a tip about clothing on the side of the road. They say they found at least four items they believe belong to Hadsell, and notified police.===============================================================================

So, like the credit card, the family /friends found these items first? On the side of the road? Weird that anyone trying to conceal a death penalty crime, would throw evidence out the window on a well traveled highway. :waitasec:

Why would tips be called into the family?

One of the locals who participated in a search early on was told by LE she was last known to be wearing a blue jacket, pink top, black leggings, ugg type boots, a ring and a Harry Potter necklace. Black iphone case and white headband. (and that was all from memory but I'm pretty sure I remembered everything - anyway I hope I did).

You have a phenomenal memory!

Now I understand why the person who we can't link was being very unprofessional and rude towards the posters last night.

JMO-I have always gotten the vibe that someone thinks they are smarter than everyone else. Even LE.
By comments out there by family members (I hope I don't need all the links. They are MSM and have been posted here) it seems the bad apple didn't fall far from the bad tree. Some are downright rude. People can be punished for their crimes but if they are not held accountable they don't learn. You always love your children but you do them a disservice is you don't hold them accountable. Make sense? I understand it is a stressful situation but it does not give people carte blanche to behave however they want. Maybe fingers are pointed in a certain direction because you aimed them there.

My heart breaks for AJ.

I don't remember anything about jeans or a grey shirt. I thought it was pink shirt and black leggings and I thought maybe uggs?

I am discussing with my daughter, and that is exactly what she remembers also.

Sorry for this dumb question to all of you faithful followers of this case. Is Wesley her dad or step-dad? They have the same last name so I'm confused.

Sorry for this dumb question to all of you faithful followers of this case. Is Wesley her dad or step-dad? They have the same last name so I'm confused.

Step dad of about 5 years who adopted her.

The clothes...wondering if the wrong info was given (the pink shirt and black leggings) and hence the not responding when folks asked for clarity on clothing.

While it does seem highly odd that someone found clothing items on the side of the highway 45 minutes away... and then immediately called the Hadsell family ("oh wow, these might be AJ's clothes, better call Wes right away!") instead of calling LE, I suppose it's possible.

However, one would think the Hadsell family would IMMEDIATELY call LE and pass on that info instead of going out there themselves without trained professionals to assess the scene and/or evidence.

Would a person get a high off of NEW AND EXCITING DEVELOPMENTS when things like clothing are found? Maybe a person who'd gone off the rails would. Maybe they'd plant things because it's died down too much and they need a new adrenaline rush. Then the impatience of waiting is too great, so they call in as an anonymous tipster. Then they want to make sure the right things are found, or ALL the things are found, so they go find them. I don't think they will find AJ there. Just sayin'.

ETA: Don't arsonists often go watch the fire they started? Why can't that sick behavior apply to other genres?

The clothes...wondering if the wrong info was given (the pink shirt and black leggings) and hence the not responding when folks asked for clarity on clothing.

OK thank you.

what strikes me is odd that unless you are driving down that road in the middle of the night and throwing out clothes someone will see you. that road is heavily travelled. we call it the "free road". your only other alternative is the bypass which costs $. so majority of the folks here take the free road. and im talking between 1am to maybe 4am that you may not be noticed.

Family and friends of Hadsell tell 10 On Your Side they started searching the area around 5 p.m. March 19 after they got a tip about clothing on the side of the road. They say they found at least four items they believe belong to Hadsell, and notified police.===============================================================================

So, like the credit card, the family /friends found these items first? On the side of the road? Weird that anyone trying to conceal a death penalty crime, would throw evidence out the window on a well traveled highway. :waitasec:

Sometimes they throw whole bodies out cars of along the highway. Or they dump them just a few yards beyond the shoulder of the road. So a piece of clothing isn't odd in itself. That's why searchers and LE walk up and down the sides of roads and highways looking for bits of evidence.

At this point in time we are only going to allow pictures that have been posted by media and approved by LE.

We don't want impede or compromise any search area that may be case sensitive.

All local contributions are very much appreciated though. :smile:

Thanks in advance for understanding

When You think about it, giving a list of clothing she wore must have been troublesome. Mom left at 7 am, and we have never heard if she even saw her. AJ was likely asleep.
But stepdad wasnt talking about his lunch date yet. Or was he? Is the description of the pink shirt/black leggings from him? Did he say he saw her at lunchtime back then?

If she changed into jeans and a grey tshirt, then where did the leggings and pink shirt go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove