VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a general homicide theory that has to do with 3's? Disappearance from one place, act committed at another and body found someplace else? Not that I don't still hope that AJ is safe somewhere, but .....

Thank you , yes , I too believe there is a theory out there (can't remember what the theory is called).
I think (not sure) and not sure if there is a theory, but, isn't there also something about a perp will deflect and send information in the opposite direction of
where they want people to believe they were? Hopefully that made sense?

What bothers me the most? WHY WOULD THE "FAMILY" CHOOSE THAT LOCATION TO START THEIR OWN SEARCH PRIOR TO LE RECEIVING THE "TIP"?
^^^^^^^^^^SPEAKS VOLUMES^^^^^^^^^^
IMO, JMO, MHOO AND ETC.

We haven't heard from AlleyKatt....maybe she will be back with an update from the scene.
I know. Please check in AlleyKatt. Have they brought dogs in yet?

So helpful to finally be hearing something directly from the Norfolk PD.

Exactly why I think was one very solid tip. The NPD have been tight-lipped up until now. My heart's breaking for AJ and i'm praying concrete answers come today.

WVEC facebook has an article now and a poster say they passed by and see search dogs. WVEC-TV & WVEC

Regarding WVEC TV, remember I posted a few days ago that I e-mailed Marcella Robertson, a reporter there that also covered Alexis Murphy's case? The first e-mails back and forth, Marcella was so receptive and seemed anxious to follow up on some of the characters and dynamics in this case. Then I heard nothing from her and there has been no follow-up article. I find this really strange. I really wonder if LE is somehow communicating with the press and asking them to "lie low" so to speak. I wholeheartedly expected an investigative article, but then nothing...so where does that leave us?

I have lived in the area my whole life. I have travelled that road many times. I have a relative who lives right down the street. That being said...a person wouldn't just end up there. You would have to know where you were going.

I agree. Unless a couple of AJ's were hunters, I don't think any of them are responsible.

I agree. Unless a couple of AJ's were hunters, I don't think any of them are responsible.

UNLESS...you travelled to NC a lot. Nags Head, Dare County, etc.
Or worked in the area.

There was a theory about "friends". IMO, someone young would not be as familiar with this area. As let's say someone older would.

It's 2:00 AM for me and dear husband is not appreciating my concern for AJ at this hour. I have to go to bed with a heavy heart and still with many questions ... thinking now not just of her family but especially of her young siblings and friends, who likely have never known such fear and sorrow ... Thank you WSers for your diligence and careful handling of any news that is yet to come; I know that this hits us hard, too. Special thanks to locals for news. I'll have to check in in the morning. Good night.

You're right...it's a constant struggle to remain objective. Thanks for the reminder.

And the Wavy article has been updated again, (BBM):

Family and friends of Hadsell tell 10 On Your Side they started searching the area around 5 p.m. March 19 after they got a tip about clothing on the side of the road. They say they found at least four items they believe belong to Hadsell, and notified police.

Living in this area all my life...over 30 years...I know Norfolk is small (square milage) compared to Vb and Chesapeake. In the WH interview he stated he was working "an hour away." Most small businesses in our area will work south... not north... due to the nightmare traffic on the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel. Add to that the location of the company he works for. Too many variables that made it more likely in my opinion to search where they are now.

221b, I am also from the area ... and now live near Longwood U, where Anjelica was a student. So I feel so connected to this case. Quick story: my parents wanted to marry, were residents of VA, but didn't want the waiting period back then so traveled in to NC (Pasquotank Co) to avoid it. My point: (treading lightly) people with connections to and family in NC would drive the route where the search is being conducted, on a fairly regular basis and would be familiar with it.....

I have lived in the area my whole life. I have travelled that road many times. I have a relative who lives right down the street. That being said...a person wouldn't just end up there. You would have to know where you were going.

A spokesman with the Norfolk Police Department tells WAVY.com investigators are following a tip they received regarding Hadsell’s disappearance.
Family and friends of Hadsell tell 10 On Your Side they started searching the area around 5 p.m. March 19 after they got a tip about clothing on the side of the road. They say they found at least four items they believe belong to Hadsell, and notified police.

So the tip to LE came originally from family working off a tip.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/21/crews-search-for-missing-teen-anjelica-hadsell-in-chesapeake/

This road was the only route to the OBX until about 10 years ago when the expressway opened up. Some people still take this route to avoid paying the toll. So it is not really that off the beaten path as it may appear.

It will be interesting to see if the amount increases the closer it gets to the current goal.

While I realize the money on can be used on whatever the recipient chooses, has WH ever mentioned what it is for? I guess I am too old to understand publicly asking for funds in some of these situations. I always thought when a family emergency occurs, you burn your sick, vacation time, perhaps other colleagues donate some time, people will give money without being asked. Then you either burn some savings and eventually go back to work. Men, especially, like to have something to do. I just do not see, read, or hear what is being done here. Maybe I am missing it.

Thanks. I've been reading all the posts again to get caught back up and respond. My brain is running a mile a minute and I can't keep my hands from shaking.

I know. Me too.
Laundry is piling up. I just can't stop refreshing my 10 open bookmarks.

221b, I am also from the area ... and now live near Longwood U, where Anjelica was a student. So I feel so connected to this case. Quick story: my parents wanted to marry, were residents of VA, but didn't want the waiting period back then so traveled in to NC (Pasquotank Co) to avoid it. My point: (treading lightly) people with connections to and family in NC would drive the route where the search is being conducted, on a fairly regular basis and would be familiar with it.....

Which is why it caught my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member