VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally allowed. Link and all. Amazing post by ZH, BTW.
http://riverraging.blogspot.com/2015/03/angel.html

Agree. Very moving, and FINALLY we learn more about who AJ is. Sounds like a treasure and reminds me of my own book-loving oldest daughter. Makes me even more determined to see her found and justice for whoever has caused her to go missing.

Glad he got his daughters away from all the chaos, if just for a little while.

"Family and friends of Hadsell tell 10 On Your Side they started searching the area around 5 p.m. March 19 after they got a tip about clothing on the side of the road. They say they found at least four items they believe belong to Hadsell, and notified police." BBM http://wavy.com/2015/03/21/crews-search-for-missing-teen-anjelica-hadsell-in-chesapeake/

It was never disclosed how that tip came in. Phone call, text message, PM on FB, etc. I'm sure LE already knows though. I'm also a true crime addict (and have been forever) and if I see clothing on the side of the road (and I do, often) I never immediately think of a missing person's case in my area and immediately assume it's their clothing.

Now, that being said, if there was a missing person in my general area, and I was following the case, and it was reported they were last known to be wearing a hot pink top, and I happened to see a hot pink top on the side of the road, THEN I might connect them, and call 911. However, the clothing items reported to be found on the side of the road in Chesapeake, don't even match the "last known to be wearing" description of what AJ had on.

All that to say, I think this tip was a load of horse hooey. But, that's MOO.

That's why whomever tossed the clothing, made sure the shorts had the NORWOOD logo, imo..

Agree. Very moving, and FINALLY we learn more about who AJ is. Sounds like a treasure and reminds me of my own book-loving oldest daughter. Makes me even more determined to see her found and justice for whoever has caused her to go missing.

Glad he got his daughters away from all the chaos, if just for a little while.
I was glad to read that about Zach and his younger daughters (I say younger, because we all know in his heart he has three daughters). I find my thoughts often wander to Anjelica's siblings and it is good to know they are getting the love and support they so surely need right now.

I can find the records for WH's first marriage as well as divorce but nothing yet for his marriage with JH - this is on ancestory.com which may not be that updated(?)

I thought I saw some pix of them together, looking like a wedding on WH's FB? I do remember him posting that he met JH. I think that was in 2010.

Do you have a link showing the conviction that led to the 15 month sentence? Is that the federal sentence? He got out in 2010, and I think all that stuff with the ex-wife happened in late 2005. I suppose the federal courts can move slowly.

So:

1. The long criminal conviction history in NC has been confirmed.
2. One felony stat burglary conviction occurred in Williamsburg, VA in 1996(http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/circuit.jsp)
3. He was in federal prison until 2/2010, but I don't know what the charges were.

Something tells me he's not going to be granted bail on the latest charges. He should get the book thrown at him, but you never know. With his history, I'd have thought he'd still be in prison in the first place.

Hey guys are allowed to post those links to his past criminal records on here? I think he might have been a minor at this point in this link you posted. Is that okay?

Sending positive thoughts and prayers, Zach. Hope. Lots of hope.

Quoting my own post to say I looked it up--apparently if a private citizen plants or tampers with evidence it's a misdemeanor; if an LE officer does so, it's a felony!

I think that wasn't the code of that charge though originally. I posed the same question when he was first booked, but it's been removed. That whole description has been removed.
As far as that wording "occupied" you guys were talking about. Would that mean that someone lives there as in "occupied" but weren't home at the time? And like "unoccupied" would mean that no one lives there or vacant at the time?
Just wondering.

Status still "in custody" and continued until 4/29 at 10:30am. https://eapps.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/nameSearch.do (Select Norfolk Criminal General District Court then name search)

I wonder if they lowered his bond. If not, and he is staying in jail until 4/29, then I think LE wants him to stay put. If they thought he was an innocent man and he was jus trying to find his missing girl, they would let him go home to his family, imo.

I thought I saw some pix of them together, looking like a wedding on WH's FB? I do remember him posting that he met JH. I think that was in 2010.

Threads moving so fast............question, I may of missed............why is AJ using his last name? only in her life 5 years? Brother Z uses another?

Threads moving so fast............question, I may of missed............why is AJ using his last name? only in her life 5 years? Brother Z uses another?

AJ has a stepbrother, name starts with T and I believe resides with his mom. ZH is Zach Hoffer, who was AJ's stepdad raising her from 1.5y to 13. He is now a verified insider here, but I don't think he has posted yet. AJ was adopted by WH so acquired his last name. Both names are used on her FB page.

ETA: We're not supposed to sleuth the minor, T, just added to differentiate the players.

Quick question (and it may or may not matter) but is WH actually, legally married to AJ's mom? If yes, when did that happen? Yes, I do have a reason for asking.

I'm at work.... but check records in Delaware, OH 2010...

I'm double checking with the mods - this is FB not his blog so I want to make sure...

Thanks MsMarple for checking first.

Give me some time to go over this with the mods.

Tricia

I brought this up in the other thread and want to bring it up again because we are still discussing it...All msm reports I have seen have stated the tip was called into the family, who then contacted LE. On any flyer and FB page I have seen, the tipline is the phone number for Norfolk PD. So how was this tip called into the family then? Did someone send a FB message to the Find AJ page? Did someone call the family directly? How would they know these specific items of clothing belonged to AJ that were found 25 miles away? It's hard to believe a good samaritan was driving by, noticed some clothes on the side of the road, stopped and looked at them, said "Oh they belong to that missing girl", NOT call LE, but instead find some way to contact the family...It simply does not add up. Someone close to the family or close to the case HAD to know those items of clothing were there all along.

Hi, Jersey! Good to see you here! I totally missed that about the tipline #. Great catch! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove