VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the b&e was of an occupied house, with intent to commit a misdemeanor other than assault and battery or trespassing, since he was charged with level 6 felony?

https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-92

Wonder what the misdemeanor charge other than b &e?

He hasn't been charged with the misdemeanor, since it was only "intent to commit a misdemeanor." But yeah I would really like to know what they are alleging he intended to commit in the home.

To explain bruised/cut knuckles?

Wow skibaboo something I hadn't even thought off and I believe you have hit on something right here. I almost want to make a long distance call to LE and tell them this lol. You are a smarty pants. Good job I've been wondering why he said that and now I think I know.

He hasn't been charged with the misdemeanor, since it was only "intent to commit a misdemeanor." But yeah I would really like to know what they are alleging he intended to commit in the home.
Oh, good point - so there was intent, but not an actual misdemeanor.

Can you think of any misdemeanors other than a&b and trespassing that *might* apply, in your not-legal-advice kind of way? I know it would be pure speculation in the absence of any other info than the code ;)

I really feel the items found in the search were planted there. But since Wes wasn't living in the household at the time, how could he have gotten them? How can you ask the public for information on AJ's whereabouts when it's apparent the police know who holds the answers to the questions?? I'm feeling differently about this case now. Like maybe WH is guilty only of cover-up and obfuscation.

I disagree...all I will say and will not answer the questions....I hope WH is not guilty and AJ comes home.

Can you think of any misdemeanors other than a&b and trespassing that *might* apply, in your not-legal-advice kind of way? I know it would be pure speculation in the absence of any other info than the code ;)

He didn't have the chance!
Im beginning to think he was there to take something!
Maybe he was there to take the jacket. Because if she left it there at this kids place and he said that she was wearing it how can she wear it if its at this persons house. Does that make any sense.
Maybe JH said oh her jacket is over so and so's house.

I have a question about JH's interview from when AJ's CC was found. Is it possible that JH was notified before the news was there or before they started filming? Could they have asked her to recreate that situation?

I had also been wondering if someone was home when WH did his breaking and entering. Because of the "occupied" part of the charge, but also, (and I hope this has not already been made abundantly clear--if so I missed it) how did police find out about the b&e and how did they know WH did it??

Also, I don't suppose planting evidence would be considered a misdemeanor?? (re: "intent to commit a misdemeanor")

§ 18.2-92. Breaking and entering dwelling house with intent to commit other misdemeanor.

If any person break and enter a dwelling house while said dwelling is occupied, either in the day or nighttime, with the intent to commit any misdemeanor except assault and battery or trespass, he shall be guilty of a Class 6 felony.

I believe this may mean a house that someone is currently living in, but doesn't have to mean someone was actually there at the time.

I had also been wondering if someone was home when WH did his breaking and entering. Because of the "occupied" part of the charge, but also, (and I hope this has not already been made abundantly clear--if so I missed it) how did police find out about the b&e and how did they know WH did it??

Also, I don't suppose planting evidence would be considered a misdemeanor?? (re: "intent to commit a misdemeanor")

Quoting my own post to say I looked it up--apparently if a private citizen plants or tampers with evidence it's a misdemeanor; if an LE officer does so, it's a felony!

C. If any person by threats of bodily harm or force knowingly attempts to intimidate or impede a judge, magistrate, justice, juror, attorney for the Commonwealth, witness, any law-enforcement officer, lawfully engaged in the discharge of his duty, or to obstruct or impede the administration of justice in any court relating to a violation of or conspiracy to violate § 18.2-248 or subdivision (a) (3), (b) or (c) of § 18.2-248.1, or § 18.2-46.2 or § 18.2-46.3, or relating to the violation of or conspiracy to violate any violent felony offense listed in subsection C of § 17.1-805, he shall be guilty of a Class 5 felony.

Isn't it rather ironic that the very thing ZH was being accused of (interfering with the investigation) is the very thing WH was actually arrested for and charged with?

Virginia Dad Wesley Hadsell Arrested In Break-In While Investigating Teen's Disappearance

Norfolk police arrested the father of a missing Virginia teen on Saturday after he broke into a home and punched a dog.

Wesley Hadsell, 36, said he was looking for clues in the disappearance of his 18-year-old daughter, Anjelica, who went missing March 2. He's convinced Anjelica was kidnapped, and broke into the home of the person he believes took his daughter against her will, police said.

Video also at link. Apologies if already posted

It could be so many things. This list is helpful, but it is not exhaustive, these are the most commonly cited misdemeanors in VA. http://www.vcsc.virginia.gov/VCC_book_MIS.pdf

This list is entirely speculation, we have no way to know which misdemeanor is alleged. Some of the ones that stick out to me from the list of most common misdemeanors:
3.1-796.122(A) ANM-3302-M1 Cruelty to animals
18.2-137(B,i) VAN-2922-M1 Intentionally damage any property/monument, < $1000
18.2-461 JUS-4812-M1 False report to police or falsely summoning police

But if you check out the links at the following link, you will see how many different things it could be. There are SO many crimes, it's pretty much pointless to speculate! https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+TOC1802000

Quoting my own post to say I looked it up--apparently if a private citizen plants or tampers with evidence it's a misdemeanor; if an LE officer does so, it's a felony!

Nice find! Do you have a link to that section of VA's code? I couldn't find the tampering with evidence statute. Thank you!!

Quick question (and it may or may not matter) but is WH actually, legally married to AJ's mom? If yes, when did that happen? Yes, I do have a reason for asking.

Quick question (and it may or may not matter) but is WH actually, legally married to AJ's mom? If yes, when did that happen? Yes, I do have a reason for asking.
I don't know, but I am really wondering about the adoption. We are in the beginning stages of a stepparent adoption and while I know the process is different depending on the state, I know it would be outright denied if my partner had the same criminal history WH does. Thankfully the only thing was a speeding ticket from when he was 18.

My daughter's biological father is in complete agreement with the adoption and we still have to do a home study, psychological exam, drug tests, fingerprints run, full background check, etc. But, I guess I shouldn't be surprised we see far too many instances here where children slip through the cracks of a system designed to protect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove