VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
msm reported that someone saw the clothing on the side of the road, called the tip into FAMILY, family went out to check it out around 5pm on Thursday 3/19, ID'd the 4 items of clothing as AJ's then called LE. (pretty convenient, I'd say) LE (Chesapeake PD) reports they were called at 6:20pm to assist NPD officers on scene. http://wavy.com/2015/03/21/crews-search-for-missing-teen-anjelica-hadsell-in-chesapeake/

LE has actually NOT confirmed the clothing items & evidence they bagged on scene belong to AJ, have they?

msm reported that someone saw the clothing on the side of the road, called the tip into FAMILY, family went out to check it out around 5pm on Thursday 3/19, ID'd the 4 items of clothing as AJ's then called LE. (pretty convenient, I'd say) LE (Chesapeake PD) reports they were called at 6:20pm to assist NPD officers on scene. http://wavy.com/2015/03/21/crews-search-for-missing-teen-anjelica-hadsell-in-chesapeake/

LE has actually NOT confirmed the clothing items & evidence they bagged on scene belong to AJ, have they?

This thread moves so fast and I'm sure this has already been asked and answered, but how far away from AJ's home were these items of clothing, on the side of the road, spotted by a complete stranger and thought to be hers?

This thread moves so fast and I'm sure this has already been asked and answered, but how far away from AJ's home were these items of clothing, on the side of the road, spotted by a complete stranger and thought to be hers?

An estimate - about 25 miles. Into the country, south going towards NC.

An estimate - about 25 miles. Into the country, south going towards NC.

Yup not buying that some random motorist saw clothing on the side of the road, stopped, thought of AJ (when the majority of the human population isn't even invested in stories like this like we are) and called the FAMILY. Nope. I'm obsessed with true crime and hardly ever, if never, have my eyes pealed to the side of the road in case I find a clue in some kind of open case.

Court info for WH's charges. https://eapps.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/nameSearch.do
Select Norfolk Criminal General District Court and do a name search and you will see the docket info. Seems like this is WH's arraignment hearing where the charges will be read and explained to him and he will be asked to enter a plea at this point. If WH wants one, his right to counsel attaches at this stage. The hearing was pushed back from 8:00 to 9:00, so it should start shortly.

I brought this up in the other thread and want to bring it up again because we are still discussing it...All msm reports I have seen have stated the tip was called into the family, who then contacted LE. On any flyer and FB page I have seen, the tipline is the phone number for Norfolk PD. So how was this tip called into the family then? Did someone send a FB message to the Find AJ page? Did someone call the family directly? How would they know these specific items of clothing belonged to AJ that were found 25 miles away? It's hard to believe a good samaritan was driving by, noticed some clothes on the side of the road, stopped and looked at them, said "Oh they belong to that missing girl", NOT call LE, but instead find some way to contact the family...It simply does not add up. Someone close to the family or close to the case HAD to know those items of clothing were there all along.

So my question is, how does WH's boss know he was late coming back to work if work is at different locations? Maybe the answer is simple but I don't know it so HELP :)

If he missed or was late for an appointment it's possible that a customer called the business to complain or ask when the technician would be arriving and that's what alerted his employer that WH wasn't where he was supposed to be.

I brought this up in the other thread and want to bring it up again because we are still discussing it...All msm reports I have seen have stated the tip was called into the family, who then contacted LE. On any flyer and FB page I have seen, the tipline is the phone number for Norfolk PD. So how was this tip called into the family then? Did someone send a FB message to the Find AJ page? Did someone call the family directly? How would they know these specific items of clothing belonged to AJ that were found 25 miles away? It's hard to believe a good samaritan was driving by, noticed some clothes on the side of the road, stopped and looked at them, said "Oh they belong to that missing girl", NOT call LE, but instead find some way to contact the family...It simply does not add up. Someone close to the family or close to the case HAD to know those items of clothing were there all along.

EXACTLY. IMO, it HAD to have come from the family. Unless someone VERY close to the family who lives that way found it, there is no other explanation. Just the other day at Oak Grove Park I saw a shirt on the ground (looked Men's). I see clothes on the side of the road ALL the time (especially shoes for some reason). This is just too specific.

"Family and friends of Hadsell tell 10 On Your Side they started searching the area around 5 p.m. March 19 after they got a tip about clothing on the side of the road. They say they found at least four items they believe belong to Hadsell, and notified police." BBM http://wavy.com/2015/03/21/crews-search-for-missing-teen-anjelica-hadsell-in-chesapeake/

It was never disclosed how that tip came in. Phone call, text message, PM on FB, etc. I'm sure LE already knows though. I'm also a true crime addict (and have been forever) and if I see clothing on the side of the road (and I do, often) I never immediately think of a missing person's case in my area and immediately assume it's their clothing.

Now, that being said, if there was a missing person in my general area, and I was following the case, and it was reported they were last known to be wearing a hot pink top, and I happened to see a hot pink top on the side of the road, THEN I might connect them, and call 911. However, the clothing items reported to be found on the side of the road in Chesapeake, don't even match the "last known to be wearing" description of what AJ had on.

All that to say, I think this tip was a load of horse hooey. But, that's MOO.

This was a fellow sleuther's quote that I was responding to, but that person has not been credited with it in my own reply!! It now looks as though I am taking (stealing) words from somebody else's post! I need to have a mod totally remove it. And I do apologize. (Message to self: If you don't know what you're doing (ME), at least DO NO HARM.)

Happened to me also! Same post!
LOL NOT just U!

Court info for WH's charges. https://eapps.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/nameSearch.do
Select Norfolk Criminal General District Court and do a name search and you will see the docket info. Seems like this is WH's arraignment hearing where the charges will be read and explained to him and he will be asked to enter a plea at this point. If WH wants one, his right to counsel attaches at this stage. The hearing was pushed back from 8:00 to 9:00, so it should start shortly.
So if I am reading this correctly, his obstruction counts (4 ... were there 4 officers, perhaps, and that's why multiple charges??) are listed as class 5 felony, which means he threatened force or bodily harm against an officer?

https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-460

BBM

Wow this guy sure is a real winner he's got charges everywhere for everything SMH. He like a jack of all trades and a master of none.

I had to giggle at your post...this was one of my dad's favorite sayings when he was alive. Thanks for giving me a moment of levity in all this anxiety and sadness :)

Not to be facetious, but surely there being a dog present wouldn't be enough to make the house "occupied", would it? So was he doing all this tearing up carpet, etc. while someone WAS THERE?

Not to be facetious, but surely there being a dog present wouldn't be enough to make the house "occupied", would it? So was he doing all this tearing up carpet, etc. while someone WAS THERE?

I think ppl were home and he struggle with some if not all of them even the dog.

Been thinking about this for a few hours now... All I really want is for AJ to be found. Wes's past makes him a very easy and convenient target and to be honest that situation allows for lazy investigative work to happen.

Take the blinders down and look at this from every angle.

Theory:

Upon Wes being released he decides it's time to be a better man. He meets JH, falls in love and commits himself to her and her family, he loves them as his own and puts them before himself as real men do. Willing to make sacrifices for them.

For whatever reason things aren't working out and they are currently working through a trial separation as is the fate of so many relationships in this day and time. This doesn't change the commitment and love he has for his family. This is his drive to be a better man.

AJ goes missing... He wants answers, he feels powerless and as if he has failed to do his job of protecting his family. LE doesn't appear to be producing results and what has defined him as a better man is slipping away. He starts his own search for answers. Organizing search parties, reading tweets, trying to piece together the puzzle.

He lands on his suspect and breaks in to collect evidence. Police suspect he broke in and when they speak to him they don't confirm the jacket is Ajs to see how he reacts which frustrates and enrages him. He has to lie to everyone about the B&E during unofficial interview to a blog site and he is losing control of the situation at this point. His world just continues to unravel.

He begins to plan vigilante justice at this point... With his previous record and the B&E and him knowing how he is beginning to look he feels he has nothing else to lose. Police have enough to take him off the streets but nothing to actually tie him to AJ being missing. 15 hour integration.

Is it possible the police have blinders on too?

My heart breaks for everyone involved.

Hi Ed79,

I really appreciate your well-thought out post and your ideas. I can actually see where this could happen with a "good man" as you say--I've seen whole movie plots about stuff like this. My thoughts regarding this theory:
* What about his other little girls? One of them is just a tiny tot and is actually his flesh and blood. If AJ were his only child, maybe I could see the "having nothing to lose" theory--but he has A LOT to lose--his wife and 3 other daughters.
*Being a "career criminal", he has to have some idea that he is treading on thin ice, and he shouldn't get in any more trouble (if he indeed wants to be a changed man). Shouldn't he be thinking of his job, how he's going to support his family, etc.?
* I could swallow this theory much better if he was really WORKING to find AJ and not so much CYA going on. Most of what he's doing is hurting rather than helping. And is he asking his wife what she would want him to do? REAL LOVE is thinking of what is best for the other people in your lives, not yourself.

Thanks again for being willing to swim upstream and post an idea that prob goes against the majority opinion :)

I think ppl were home and he struggle with some if not all of them even the dog.

That would explain how they knew he punched the dog. Assuming he wouldn't just reveal incriminating information like that, which is a huge assumption on my part with this guy.

The thread has been moving so fast that I haven't had a chance to ask this question, but how on earth can anyone know WH punched the family dog? No one was there, right? He just admits to doing this? Why? Anyone else find this a VERY strange thing to admit to, when no one would have ever known?

To explain bruised/cut knuckles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member