VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dearest Frisson, Fancy seeing you here. :loveyou:

Thanks for recommending AJ's case to work and follow. I'm really glad you did. From what I've learned about AJ this world will absolutely be a better place with her in it. Beautiful inside and out, bright-eyed, intelligent, hard-working, a young lady ready to take on the world with endless potential to do great things. Per her social media accounts I can also tell she has an excellent sense of humor. I say she has an excellent sense of humor because it is a lot like mine. :crazy:

Too many weeks have passed by without knowing where AJ is? How is AJ? I wish I lived local so I could volunteer to help in any way that would possibly bring her home. (Not that help is being asked for - it is very clear to me that is not needed and/or wanted) What I can and will do is continue to pray for her well being and I will continue to follow her case with the sincerest hope that it has a positive ending. It won't be difficult for me to follow this case because I think about her a lot. I also think about the verified insiders here that love AJ and are going through a horrific time; you're in my thoughts and prayers. #BringAJHome

Nope no help wanted.... I'm local and have sent SO MANY messages to volunteer to help.... no responses

And IMO we need to keep in mind that second-hand information from she-said/he-said is still only speculation and considered rumor in my book because ONLY the people that were there know what truly happened.

For the sake of this post, I will reveal that my own personal experience with a runaway teen daughter lead me to 11 years of involvement with the non profit that I have referred to. Sequence of events: parent of *minor* teen who left home, volunteer, board member, and appointed ED. No need to go into further explanation. Just sharing as a means to convey that I have long-term knowledge not only professionally but also personally. :) (Thus my passion for the work I did do while connected to the non-profit.)

Just to give a few details: At the time that my youngest *minor* teen daughter (I have 2) left home, she had experienced some emotional turmoil during a one year period prior to her leaving. Her bio father (he and I had not been together for several years & he resided out of state) passed away. I moved with the girls from one part of the town where we had lived for several years to another part of town. As a result, it was a different school district. She still had contact and saw all the friends from the other neighborhood but felt like a fish out of water at the new school. Add in regular every day teen ups & downs. There was no substance abuse. No gang involvement. No juvenile delinquency. At the time, she had difficulty coping. She left. Something that I never expected to happen, not in a million, zillion years. It was a roller coaster ride I wanted to get OFF and I love roller coasters, LOL!

So, when I was in the position of having to contact police to file a missing person report (daughter), the responding officer did not at any time initiate a search within my home.

And, I'll note that throughout the years that I was connected to the non profit, I do not at all recall that an officer did a search within a home when responding to gather information for a report.

Now, regarding the AJ situation: in the days following the missing person report filed for AJ; if the NPD detectives determined that a search of her room was necessary they might have done so. But, again that particular detail is not publicly known.

I state "in the days following" because of what was initially reported via Wavy.

JH stated: “I do believe she is safe.”

And, this:

Mrs. Hadsell said the last time she heard from AJ was by text message at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday. She said her daughter said she was fine, but that she was not ready to come home. Mrs. Hadsell isn’t sure if it was AJ or someone else on the other end of the phone.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/

Also, the media report above states:

"Right now, Norfolk detectives say they have no reason to believe foul play is involved in Hadsell’s disappearance. However, they are still actively searching for her, and ask anyone with information about her whereabouts since Tuesday morning to call 757-664-7026."

Also contained in another media report was JH describing the messages received to her phone from AJ's phone as:

"The conversation, in my opinion, was kind of off. I can't be 100 percent sure I know that was my daughter I was texting. I know how she talks and I know the type of things she says," said Jennifer Hadsell.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/mycity/norfolk/2015/03/04/norfolk-police-searching-for-missing-teen/24410513/

I personally concluded that the situation had not immediately been determined to be a *emergency* situation because there was not only evidence that AJ had communicated with JH (text conversation) but that the text from AJ's phone stated that she was not ready to come home yet. And, it appears from what JH states that there was more than one text message. The public has only been aware of what was stated in the last message received.

I do not believe that the police would have become involved in a situation of trying to tell an 18 year old college student that she had to come home. Additionally, if there had actually been an occurrence of a conflict between a mother & daughter (example) and this was known by the responding officer at the time; this information would have been weighed in how exactly the report was going to be handled. Basically, no immediate red flags. And, at that point in time, well even at this point, there is no actual official proof that the public is aware of that those text message were not actually written and sent by AJ herself.

So, I conclude that there most likely was not any alarming reason for the responding officer to feel there was foul play involved and therefore a request to search anywhere within the home was not necessary.

Again, I was not present. But, I highly doubt it.

Now, I'll repeat myself that it could be possible that some level of a search at the Tarrallton home has taken place in the last week or so. Something that has not been released to the public.

I'm ending here in order to save you all from reading a book! :) I hope what I've written is clear. :)

*Note: my youngest daughter is fine and quite well :)

Thank you, bless you, I am so glad to have learned this. I feel like you printed out a report for us tonight and we do have to remember what LE had to go on initially. It has snowballed but never looked like foul play to start with, you are correct that they didn't feel the need to "tell a student to come home". I have to say thanks again. I am one that goes by instincts and I got an early start on bad news in this world. IMO, WH wouldn't have talked like the fool he is if he didn't have something to do with this - JMO. I think drugs are involved at the core of this - arguments, money, up all night...? WH is totally involved, totally a liar and I'm sure afraid of going back to jail. My thoughts keep going to the ammo and where is the gun he told LE they would "never find". Ok, all for now..sorry.

I admit, it's been a long time since I walked it, but no way it's 23 minutes. (Don't shoot me.)

I would have to disagree. I am local and just the walk from AJ's house to Little Creek Rd. would take some time. I would have to agree with the 23 minutes.

I said the previously, but the threads move so fast...The original flier said "we just want her home safe, thank you" and the newer looking flier says the same. It's not really different. The time isn't on the new one, but it's established that the last time seen isn't exactly clear so maybe that's why it was left off. And bring AJ home rather than missing simply matches theme of the Fb page and bracelets, etc.

Two things have *stood out* to me in recent days.

I don't know how long JH has had this tee shirt (whether she's worn it from the beginning or if it's new) but I noticed it in the March 24th Wavy video.
View attachment 71904

View attachment 71850

"NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Softball Home Plate - *Home Base*

http://wavy.com/2015/03/23/bond-denied-for-missing-teens-dad/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter[/URL]

Also, the changes to the poster uploaded to the #BringAJHome Facebook page last night.

"We just want her home safe!"

https://www.facebook.com/bringajhome/photos/a.793111474110416.1073741828.793056607449236/806503322771231/?type=1

I see specific messages.

What do you see?

(I hope this post is within TOS, please let me know if it is not)

Nope no help wanted.... I'm local and have sent SO MANY messages to volunteer to help.... no responses

Well since LE is not being forth coming while the family is still advertising wrong timelines on their fb page; then iam not surprised that there is no help.

Since WH is a coke user but he may have had access to the fund me account and moms is showing up in court in Weslys defense; Then i think people are getting frustrated and not wanting to search on their days off.

I dont blame the negative reaction that the people are starting to show.

AJ advocates are no longer falling in to place of this whishy whashy theatrics that have been taking place.

So right now the facts as I see them are this:

--AJ is "missing"
--Police are following up on every lead
--WH is locked up on (mostly) unrelated charges
--Stories from family are shady at best, unreliable, and nearly impossible to validate, verify, or decipher
--JH apparently doesn't want the help of the general public, just her close circle, and has called the police on MSM when they tried to interview her (JH is censoring the BAJH FB page, admitting to deleting comments there)
--There are no new searches scheduled
--NPD has not announced a person of interest
--NPD has not ruled out foul play, but they also have no reason to believe foul play was involved

Have I missed anything?

--AJ is "missing"
--Stories from family are shady at best, unreliable, and nearly impossible to validate, verify, or decipher
--JH apparently doesn't want the help of the general public, just her close circle, and has called the police on MSM when they tried to interview her (JH is censoring the BAJH FB page, admitting to deleting comments there)
--NPD has not ruled out foul play, but they also have no reason to believe foul play was involved

Have I missed anything?

Nope. That pretty much covers it. Sadly.

ETA: Except for this: someone's clothes were found by Wes and Co. on S Battlefield Blvd.

For the sake of this post, I will reveal that my own personal experience with a runaway teen daughter lead me to 11 years of involvement with the non profit that I have referred to. Sequence of events: parent of *minor* teen who left home, volunteer, board member, and appointed ED. No need to go into further explanation. Just sharing as a means to convey that I have long-term knowledge not only professionally but also personally. :) (Thus my passion for the work I did do while connected to the non-profit.)

Just to give a few details: At the time that my youngest *minor* teen daughter (I have 2) left home, she had experienced some emotional turmoil during a one year period prior to her leaving. Her bio father (he and I had not been together for several years & he resided out of state) passed away. I moved with the girls from one part of the town where we had lived for several years to another part of town. As a result, it was a different school district. She still had contact and saw all the friends from the other neighborhood but felt like a fish out of water at the new school. Add in regular every day teen ups & downs. There was no substance abuse. No gang involvement. No juvenile delinquency. At the time, she had difficulty coping. She left. Something that I never expected to happen, not in a million, zillion years. It was a roller coaster ride I wanted to get OFF and I love roller coasters, LOL!

So, when I was in the position of having to contact police to file a missing person report (daughter), the responding officer did not at any time initiate a search within my home.

And, I'll note that throughout the years that I was connected to the non profit, I do not at all recall that an officer did a search within a home when responding to gather information for a report.

Now, regarding the AJ situation: in the days following the missing person report filed for AJ; if the NPD detectives determined that a search of her room was necessary they might have done so. But, again that particular detail is not publicly known.

I state "in the days following" because of what was initially reported via Wavy.

JH stated: “I do believe she is safe.”

And, this:

Mrs. Hadsell said the last time she heard from AJ was by text message at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday. She said her daughter said she was fine, but that she was not ready to come home. Mrs. Hadsell isn’t sure if it was AJ or someone else on the other end of the phone.

http://wavy.com/2015/03/04/norfolk-detectives-search-for-missing-18-year-old/

Also, the media report above states:

"Right now, Norfolk detectives say they have no reason to believe foul play is involved in Hadsell’s disappearance. However, they are still actively searching for her, and ask anyone with information about her whereabouts since Tuesday morning to call 757-664-7026."

Also contained in another media report was JH describing the messages received to her phone from AJ's phone as:

"The conversation, in my opinion, was kind of off. I can't be 100 percent sure I know that was my daughter I was texting. I know how she talks and I know the type of things she says," said Jennifer Hadsell.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/mycity/norfolk/2015/03/04/norfolk-police-searching-for-missing-teen/24410513/

I personally concluded that the situation had not immediately been determined to be a *emergency* situation because there was not only evidence that AJ had communicated with JH (text conversation) but that the text from AJ's phone stated that she was not ready to come home yet. And, it appears from what JH states that there was more than one text message. The public has only been aware of what was stated in the last message received.

I do not believe that the police would have become involved in a situation of trying to tell an 18 year old college student that she had to come home. Additionally, if there had actually been an occurrence of a conflict between a mother & daughter (example) and this was known by the responding officer at the time; this information would have been weighed in how exactly the report was going to be handled. Basically, no immediate red flags. And, at that point in time, well even at this point, there is no actual official proof that the public is aware of that those text message were not actually written and sent by AJ herself.

So, I conclude that there most likely was not any alarming reason for the responding officer to feel there was foul play involved and therefore a request to search anywhere within the home was not necessary.

Again, I was not present. But, I highly doubt it.

Now, I'll repeat myself that it could be possible that some level of a search at the Tarrallton home has taken place in the last week or so. Something that has not been released to the public.

I'm ending here in order to save you all from reading a book! :) I hope what I've written is clear. :)

*Note: my youngest daughter is fine and quite well :)

Well said! This is a situation that has evolved as each day passes. I am sure LE's (and even JH's) take on the situation has changed quite a bit between March 3 and today. I also think they have become more "guarded with their commentary" so as not to compromise the investigation. (Nice way of saying they are shutting up so they don't frack it up).

Just imagine for a minute...if we took out everything that WH has said, what would we have about AJ missing? Basically nothing. Which makes it very difficult to try and figure out, where are you AJ? We have so little information to work off of; hence the reason for us speculating and trying to piece together the pieces of the puzzle, but in all actuality, we have very few pieces of the puzzle to even work with. It's like buying a puzzle in a box, getting it all put together, to find that one piece is missing, and what is a puzzle all put together with one piece missing...it's not complete. Well, here in this puzzle, we have (IMO) many, many pieces missing. Yet the truth is out there somewhere and we need to find AJ. What else can we do to help piece this puzzle together? So, so sad. Such a beautiful young lady who deserved so much more. Our prayers are with you AJ.

I agree. But i must admit that the family members who are trying to help may have been lied to at first as well. But besides that. Your comment is spot on.

We've ALL been lied to. This will not go over well with those closest to the family, once they realize it. :(

Just imagine for a minute...if we took out everything that WH has said, what would we have about AJ missing? Basically nothing. Which makes it very difficult to try and figure out, where are you AJ? We have so little information to work off of; hence the reason for us speculating and trying to piece together the pieces of the puzzle, but in all actuality, we have very few pieces of the puzzle to even work with. It's like buying a puzzle in a box, getting it all put together, to find that one piece is missing, and what is a puzzle all put together with one piece missing...it's not complete. Well, here in this puzzle, we have (IMO) many, many pieces missing. Yet the truth is out there somewhere and we need to find AJ. What else can we do to help piece this puzzle together? So, so sad. Such a beautiful young lady who deserved so much more. Our prayers are with you AJ.

And that's the worst thing of all, from where we are sitting in all this, because there is really no way FOR us to help. At this point, I feel like we've been reduced to gossip mongering and throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks. I hate it. This is not what we do here, but without anything to go on... :gaah:

I said the previously, but the threads move so fast...The original flier said "we just want her home safe, thank you" and the newer looking flier says the same. It's not really different. The time isn't on the new one, but it's established that the last time seen isn't exactly clear so maybe that's why it was left off. And bring AJ home rather than missing simply matches theme of the Fb page and bracelets, etc.

I'm referring to the poster/flier uploaded to the Facebook page yesterday at 9:05 pm.

I've seen the other posters/fliers. Actually tweeted a few.

If there was one that previously had the wording "We just want her home safe!" I did not see it.

Will you point me to it either post here or via a PM?

:)

--AJ is "missing"

Have I missed anything?

and that AJ was last seen sometime, whether that's 7am or 2pm or somewhere between, by her family.

when it comes down to it, i guess we really don't know a lot. this is so frustrating... this runaway theory has my head spinning now. and the lack of press conferences, the lack of pleas by the family... i think i really don't know what to think anymore.

Does anyone think it odd that NPD has not had one single press conference now given how much media attention this has received? You would think they would give the public something...look at the HG case. The police chief was on the news daily. At least they could do was a give a firm timeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm...I thought the truck was already there. He was dropping off the key - the key to the truck - not the key to the door!
I agree on her not leaving school voluntarily. I remember someone saying she had a scholarship, so I am not sure she was dependent on J and W for her tuition, but you are considered a dependent until 24 when applying for aid. Unless her card was on a joint account with JH, cutting it up or attempting to control her finances, even on a financial aid account, is abusive IMO. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, just something to consider.
I do think you're on to something with the AJ has a fight with her mom scenario...she may have taken her mom's side normally, but if they fought about something and it was bad enough for her to leave in the middle of the night, she doesn't have the truck yet, where else could she go but walk down the street to stay with WH at his hotel? For this scenario to hold up, she either has to be dropped off by WH with the truck before 7am for the sighting to be valid, or the sisters are lying and AJ was already MIA by then.

That leaves us with:

A. Why would sis lie?
B. Did WH drop off the truck before or after 7am? (he never actually tells us!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper