VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thought on the alleged money...

Around February 6 AJ was tweeting about wanting to go to Sports Authority while she was on spring break. Most of that conversation is out of bounds but she mentioned that she needed running shoes – she even posted a pic of a pair of Nikes that she apparently liked.

If she met with WH and if she asked for money maybe it was to buy new running shoes. It makes more sense than the gopro. OTOH it makes no sense that WH would come up with a 200 word garbled “explanation” for the money if it was for something as mundane as a pair of shoes.

But I do wonder if she ever made it to Sports Authority that weekend and if so when. And why not use her bank card? Sigh. Too many questions too few answers...

https://twitter.com/anjelicamariee/status/563883244626907136

I don't believe WH ever gave her money in the first place. The main reason I don't believe it, is because he went overboard with details explaining why he did it, how she never asks for money, etc. Almost as if he'd sat and thought about it for a while to come up with lots of details, in case anyone asked. It just sounds like a planned lie. I could be wrong though.

I'm having a hard time making myself believe or think that IF AJ left home in the early morning hours, that she would willingly go to WH's hotel versus someone in her close circle. IYKWIM

Her friends most likely still live with their parents and they probably wouldn't be thrilled with a 4:00 a.m. visit from her. Moo

I'm really not getting the outstanding warrant thing. I see that it was issued on Saturday but the description in this section says:

If you know the location of person listed, please contact CRIME LINE at 1-888-LOCK-U-Up (1-888-562-5887). If you cannot locate the desired name on the webpage, the person either never had a warrant or the warrant has been served.

Do not attempt to arrest or detain these individuals yourself. When calling please offer the following information:...

The associated mugshot is different too - he's got more hair for one thing. Could this be a different, older incident?

http://www.norfolkva.gov/Police/wanted_person.asp
http://www.norfolkva.gov/Police/wanted_person_details.asp?letter=H
http://www.norfolkva.gov/Mugshots/1688109.jpg

I don't believe WH ever gave her money in the first place. The main reason I don't believe it, is because he went overboard with details explaining why he did it, how she never asks for money, etc. Almost as if he'd sat and thought about it for a while to come up with lots of details, in case anyone asked. It just sounds like a planned lie. I could be wrong though.

I don't believe he did, either.

Yes! That beautiful dog is going to get justice after all. This makes me happy. Now if we can just find AJ....

Just curious - if no one was home when WH broke into that house, how was him punching the dog found out? By him saying he did it??

Yes, 2014. I confirmed her graduation date through a Norfolk Public Schools YouTube video of the graduation. She was on stage and walks at 42 min in. Valedictorian is most definitely someone else. She has honors sash, but no honors cords (which surprised me from her grad pics, actually).

I have been unable to confirm that Zach has ever posted anything about AJ having a scholarship.

The idea that she was Valedictorian could have come through media. This 13NewsNow article states it.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/mycity/norfolk/2015/03/12/he-search-for-aj/70226930/

Bumping some relevant posts:

Zach said:
Yes, they saw her. She came to the door as they were leaving, from what I was told. My younger daughters figured she was going back to bed though.. By the way, I was mistaken on the Rousey fight. That was actually Saturday.

I am now wondering if they saw her coming back to the house, rather than her watching them at the door from inside the house?

And this:
Zach said:
I don't think there was an argument and from what I hear from Wes, Anjelica and him were not too close lately. Given other things in the family right now (before 3 weeks ago), I very much doubt she would go to Wes because of an argument with Jennifer.

If AJ had just relocated, I doubt WH would refer to her in the past tense. He has gone out of his way to make this look sinister, and he himself said whoever finds evidence becomes a suspect. Then he plants clothing by the side of the road. That he then finds. And as far as starting over with $300, I think that would get her to Richmond and that's about it. She can't get a job, rent an apt, get utilities, etc without a social security number. She can't take any kind of long distance public transportation without an ID. I wish I could convince myself that she just took off, but I think something horrible happened that morning. I just wonder how many co-conspirators there are.

Just curious - if no one was home when WH broke into that house, how was him punching the dog found out? By him saying he did it??

I answered that here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orfolk-3-March-2015-9&p=11640252#post11640252 but essentially, he told one or more of the witnesses he did it (or one or more of them was with him when he did it, even though he says he was alone) and one or more of them told LE, and LE disclosed to him during the 15 hours of questions that they knew he did it. He makes that very clear in the jailhouse interview. Well, as clear as WH can make anything, that is.

Well if she did run away then Wes just lost his job and is facing 5-10 years in prison for nothing. But with all his backtracking; I truly doubt she ran away. But if she did then it is best for Wes sake if she hurrys back. Lol. But i still think he is involved.

I keep trying to get into this case but it's been too hard to Catch up and unravel. What were for the family dynamics before the disappearance? When did the parents last live together? Where was the father living? Are there any indications that he ever hurt his children or tried to prior to this? Why would the father suddenly try to harm his daughter? Assuming, based on his arrests, that he may be involved here?

It's not possible to entirely clarify it unless there is some documentation of the exact section of the animal cruelty statute he is charged under. That list of outstanding warrants (here http://www.norfolkva.gov/Police/wanted_person_details_plus.asp?letter=h) does not specify. My guess is he was charged under §3.2-6570(A) after confessing on TV to punching the dog; I do not think the dog has had further complications or passed away because of the punch.

Here's the relevant part of the statute IMO:
https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+3.2-6570

I think that's the wrong code. It's most likely this one that I posted earlier:

https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-144

The warrant is for "MAIMING OR KILLING OF ANIMALS OR FOWL"... The title of that code is pretty much the same as the text on the warrant site, and it makes it a class 1 misdemeanor for: "...otherwise cause bodily injury to.." "...a companion animal..."

It seems both code sections are applicable, perhaps this one is easier to get a conviction on.

The idea that she was Valedictorian could have come through media. This 13NewsNow article states it.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/mycity/norfolk/2015/03/12/he-search-for-aj/70226930/

Someone fed them erroneous information. The media needs to fact check better. Very easy to find out who was valedictorian. I'm sure the media could find a source for where she fell in the class. I think it was in the top 10%, but with quite a few ahead of her, if they were seated in rank order. They were not seated on stage in alphabetical order.

I keep trying to get into this case but it's been too hard to Catch up and unravel. What were for the family dynamics before the disappearance? When did the parents last live together? Where was the father living? Are there any indications that he ever hurt his children or tried to prior to this? Why would the father suddenly try to harm his daughter? Assuming, based on his arrests, that he may be involved here?

Mom and younger sisters living at the family home, AJ away at school coming home on weekends.
Not yet verified but rumor has it mom & step dad had been separated about 3 weeks prior to AJ coming home the last time.
Step-dad living in a motel 5 minutes away.
No previous history of child abuse we're aware of, but definitely a previous history of violence toward others.

Mom and younger sisters living at the family home, AJ away at school coming home on weekends.
Not yet verified but rumor has it mom & step dad had been separated about 3 weeks prior to AJ coming home the last time.
Step-dad living in a motel 5 minutes away.
No previous history of child abuse we're aware of, but definitely a previous history of violence toward others.

Also, WH entered her life in 2010.

In regards to the valedictorian issue, not sure how it matters to her missing, but doesn't always just apply to one person in the class. I know that many schools have multiple valedictorians. It is totally possible that she was given the honor and not ranked #1 in the class.

If she left on her own volition is the key phrase. And as I have said from the begining, just because you are 18 or older does not mean you cannot run away. Those words used separately may define what she did; however, I would still like to know why, in your professional opinion, you think she chose to vanish.

I ask because one cannot simply ignore the extraordinary and calamitous actions of WH. Furthermore, the still evolving timeline is a major problem. And let's not forget the fact that she, to our knowledge, has not contacted nor been seen by a sole on earth in roughly a month. Post 9/11, that is an extremely difficult task for anyone to accomplish.

Lastly, and with all due repect, I do not for a moment believe this family is capable of a long con that only Danny Ocean could pull off. The tshirt and any other message relating to "come home" is not a hidden message. AJ played softball. That is the connection.

This is my opinion and I am certainly open to hearing why it may not be valid.

Can you sum up WH's extraordinary and calamitous actions? And I'm confused, is he AJ's dad? How long was he with her mom?

Also, for anyone, who controls the FB page and why would they be cleaning it up and removing posts? In struggling to understand this case!!!

If the police had ANY indication that she had left on her own, wouldn't they say that? I don't think she'd be a "runaway" since she's 18 but wouldn't they still indicate that they thought she may have left on her own? I've only followed a handful of cases here on WS so I honestly don't know.

As far as pinterest, I wouldn't put too much stock in her pinning baby things. I was already in my mid-20's when Pinterest became a thing but I had a "wedding" and "baby" board before I even met my (now) husband so I think it's just a thing some women do on Pinterest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand