VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JH stating that she feels AJ is safe means only one of two things:

1. she knows exactly where she is, and this is a circus of the Hadsell family's own doing

2. she has no idea where she is, and she feels like she has to say that because entertaining the alternative isn't something she can do.

That being said, either way you look at it, her conduct in the public is unlike anything I've ever seen in any missing person's case I've ever followed. It's maddening, to say the least, that it seems like more of us here, who have never even met AJ, feel more "mothering" to her that her own mother shows.

I'm reluctant to post that because I know she's technically a victim according to WS TOS but good gravy, can she at LEAST cry?! when she talks about her??

I hope your assessment is right. I felt like she was scared they were going to ask about WH if she talked any longer. She needs to address the elephant in the room and be done with it so that she can steer everything back to AJ. She says she has a spokesman for the family. She needs to use them! I just hope it's not Harry! Lord, don't let it be Harry! I know she loves her daughter and I know she is afraid but she can't be afraid to show those things. She also cant be so concerned about WH that she loses the media oppurtunities to keep AJ in everyone's face.

We can call "Harry" by his first name now, I think. Pretty sure he introduced himself on the news tonight, although I personally have yet to see that.

ETA: On second thought, maybe we better wait for that link. I'm tired and sensitive today, and I will cry if I get mod-smacked.

JH stating that she feels AJ is safe means only one of two things:

1. she knows exactly where she is, and this is a circus of the Hadsell family's own doing

2. she has no idea where she is, and she feels like she has to say that because entertaining the alternative isn't something she can do.

That being said, either way you look at it, her conduct in the public is unlike anything I've ever seen in any missing person's case I've ever followed. It's maddening, to say the least, that it seems like more of us here, who have never even met AJ, feel more "mothering" to her that her own mother shows.

I'm reluctant to post that because I know she's technically a victim according to WS TOS but good gravy, can she at LEAST cry?! when she talks about her??

I think the only "victim" here is AJ. If anyone else could be considered a victim, it's only by the skin on their teeth.

Yes, Virginia does have (GAL) guardian ad litem.

You can easily go and file an emergency protective order, if you are a biological parent. I demanded that a former live-in boyfriend do exactly that when his 4 year old daughter told me she saw her mommy put a "pin in her arm and wouldn't wake up". I was happily shocked to find out how easy it was to get the protective order. Of course, there were other issues that backed all that up. But given all that is going on in the 2 oldest girls lives, I think a judge would act VERY rapidly, if Zach requested the order.

Are you able to clue us in on Harry's connection to the family?

Does Virginia have "guardian ad litem" or court-appointed special advocates? I don't know if it's something all states do or how it works, other than here in Iowa, an ex co-worker's children were appointed guardian ad litem(s) due to circumstances at home, and the guardian ad litem looked out for the best interest of her children, regardless what the adults involved thought about it or whether the adults wanted it or not, it still happened and that was the best thing that ever happened because the children were removed from the home and the other biological parent (their father) was able then to have full custody.

Guardian ad litem attorney's are appointed in CHINS (Child in Need of Services) Petition cases. Many of the youth that the non profit I often refer to here were appointed a guardian ad litem for Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court situations. A CHINS Petition was often initiated in these cases.

We can call "Harry" by his first name now, I think. Pretty sure he introduced himself on the news tonight, although I personally have yet to see that.

ETA: On second thought, maybe we better wait for that link. I'm tired and sensitive today, and I will cry if I get mod-smacked.

They did say both of the boys names on balloon release interview and Harry was also on a Good Morning America interview on 3-8-15 and his name was written across the screen while he was talking.

Balloon release interview on WAVY TV - Let the video start and then scroll to 17.59
http://wavy.com/livestream/

Good Morning America Weekend interview https://gma.yahoo.com/video/search-missing-virginia-student-133329882.html

They did say both of the boys names and Harry was also on a good morning america interview on3-8-15 and his name was written across the screen while he was talking.

Alrighty then..."Harry" is now officially Andre, I guess. If he didn't want us to refer to him by name, then he probably shouldn't have introduced himself. :)

Alrighty then..."Harry" is now officially Andre, I guess. If he didn't want us to refer to him by name, then he probably shouldn't have introduced himself. :)

He actually did that a while back on another video interview.

Forgive if it's been covered, I've had a long week and may have missed posts.

<modsnip>

-she does go home in the truck, followed by white car (nephbro? is this the guy with the white car? where was he during all of this? does he have any alibi) who is supposed to give her a ride back to school because WH has to work. Maybe wanted gas/food money and AJ needed money to get her through the rest of break at school? Thus the $200 withdrawl? And going home, grabbing a bag of her stuff and bailing when she knew she could avoid conflicts with JH?

The above is a scenario I actually wouldn't find that surprising for any 18 year old. And an immature adult or adults in their life would probably go along with it.

But, after that is when something obviously would go wrong.

-the person who she trusted to get her back to school never did. Either a crime of opportunity or impulse - or something they'd been hoping or fantasizing about for a long time and stumbled into the opportunity?

-she did make it back to school, but something happened THERE before she cooled off and send her mom a text or e-mail telling her that she went back, and that would explain the unverified accounts of her being seen there. (this is really the least possible, imo)

Like I think I've said before, I'm pretty sure this is an Occam's Razor situation and the most obvious answer is going to be right. But, forcing myself to think about possibilities that don't involve "go direct to WH, be murdered, go directly to hiding spot" brought up these possibilities.

BBM: the unverified, possible sighting was at VCU. NOT Longwood

I remember seeing a reference to WH being connected to a gang (Bloods?) Does anyone else remember that and know where it was?

I *think* the mention of gangs came from research on his eyelid tattoos. I'm may be misremembering.

Has anyone ever recall a missing person case where the LE does not do a press release? This is my first time ever following a mp case this closely so I was just curious if this is normal routine?

Yes, Alleykatt. As infuriating as it is, I can recall several where LE waited a looong time to release a statement. Grrrr.

I still can't get over the behavior here. WH is locked up and for now is no longer a distraction (other than many roads potentially leading towards his involvement in the disappearance.) What I can't understand is JH. A balloon release? What good would that do unless there are flyers attached that would carry AJ's picture to anyone who hasn't seen it already on tv, the internet, flyers, or billboards? To me it looked like nothing more than a group of people letting go of some balloons. It did nothing to help the search, nothing to bring AJ home.

I'd also like to know why no one has confronted her on her attitude, her lack of pleading, her continued statements of "believing she is safe," or going to indulge in her hobby at two ODU basketball games. No new searches. Nothing but asking people to let go of balloon strings. Ugh.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: This is being treated essentially like a lost puppy situation.

As an outsider, it would appear that JH is the most mature of the bunch. A scary thought, I know. However, I don't believe anyone close to her sees anything wrong with her attitude or actions/inactions. IMO

Where are all these *others* parents? Do they still live at home or by themselves? Are they all graduated from high school? Do they have jobs? How much of this hanging *together* took place before AJ disappeared? I have many more thoughts and questions I'd like to express, however I can't do it, but I'm hoping others understand what I'm trying to say. It just sends chills down my spine when I think of what could be taking place previously and currently.

little lost....are we talking about friends.....??

Very true. I made several posts on the BAJH Facebook and they were all deleted. I did not post anything snarky or rude. Apparently, I asked questions that were not well received and nope not personal questions, not questions that would have to do with this investigation. My questions/comments were all centered around keeping AJ's face and case in the public eye via the media, having someone speaking up for AJ begging for people to please call the police w any info they may have no matter how insignificant they might think it is, etc. They were all deleted. Some were deleted within minutes. I have since stopped posting there. I won't waste my time.

I also made a post that my mother (who does not have a Facebook account) is local and retired and will absolutely volunteer her time for whatever the family says they need help with the most be it: helping with searches, printing fliers at no cost of course, handing out fliers, help with any BAJH supplies such as shirts, bracelets, etc. This post too was deleted. I thought that someone had to mistakenly delete that bc why would they? So, the next day I sent the same message but I sent it via message so that only the person(s) who have access to that page could see it and it has been a little more than a week and no one ever got back to me. Given they truly may not need any volunteers for anything I listed. I just thought it was weird that both my post and my direct message about it were not replied to. Also, another poster here at WS recently said that they too offered to help in various ways and their post was I believe either deleted as well or not responded to.

Things that make you go HMMM...

My mom's response was "Ok, I did my part. I offered." So, now because she's recently retired and has no idea what to do now - she's spending the week volunteering at the local pet shelter. Though my mom would have loved helping in any way with AJ's case. My mom's own sister went missing when she was 7 years old. So, volunteering her time to this cause has always been important to her.

All above is JMO and MOO.
#BringAJHome

based on your experience and comments i've seen disappear from the page, it seems they don't want anyone asking any questions, no matter what they pertain to. it's very weird to me. I can see not wanting to entertain personal or offensive questions, but people asking what she was wearing, what they can do to help, etc... what's the harm in that? seriously.

Oh my gosh. I'm sorry but that 12 second clip was ... I don't even know how to explain it. It was like a balloon release for the grand opening of a car dealership or the start of a sport season, not a balloon release being done because an 18 year old girl has literally disappeared for a month. People were laughing in the background like it was a joyous occasion. I'm just stunned. I really am.

Fine if JH wants to tell us that she thinks AJ is still "safe." Okay, fine. But she could be living on the streets, in danger, picked up by someone scary. Doesn't she worry about that??

In her interview from yesterday, I think it was, she was saying for people in the community to be more aware, to look in the car next to them at the stop light and look in.... blah, blah, blah.... almost like saying, "You know, if it isn't going out of your way, and you get the chance, and feel the inclination, you know, just peer at other cars in case she's joy-riding around town."

I thought it was odd when she released that photo montage/video with the Nickelback song with the lyrics "It's hard to say it, time to say it --Goodbye, goodbye." Who selects a song like that when a person is MISSING??
Who has a MEMORIAL balloon release for someone who is MISSING??

It's so sad. Are they even searching for her anymore?

BBM: Exactly! Sickening.

I think the only "victim" here is AJ. If anyone else could be considered a victim, it's only by the skin on their teeth.

Well...and the TOS, otherwise the mods will have to get all :saber::tos::threadclosed:
And then we'd be all :gaah::scared::tantrum::please::maddening:
So they are victims! :websleuther:

I'm sure LE got a warrant for AJ's phone records and has a record of all of her calls and texts. And the phone pings too because they mentioned to WH that AJ's phone was pinging in his hotel room. I'm sure they got records for WH's phone too, but he also had a burner phone and I'm not sure if they can be traced.

I know that, but I wish we knew where her phone physically was. if left at home, would indicate she wasn't planning on leaving or leaving for long, etc.

Not to mention taking the opportunity while on camera to say something to AJ or at least say something about her calling home. JH talked about the support from the community and how she thinks AJ is safe. The two friends said the balloon release was to give AJ a sign that they're thinking about her and that they will find her. Duh, why not ask her to call somebody if they think she's somewhere safe? You know, to let her worried mom know she's okay?

Between the airhorn and the interview I don't know what to make of these people.

If the family thinks AJ is safe somewhere, why did they even file a missing person's report? You either don't know where she is and want formal, governmental help to find her, with all the attendant resources; or, you think she went somewhere safe, for some alone time, down-time. You don't need the police for scenario #2. Why did they involve LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove