Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this has already been posted, but do you think there is any relevance to her laying down next to where the infants were buried? Do you think it's possible that she may have lost an infant? Just putting it out there - not sure there is any relevance, but wondering if there might be???

Yep, it's been brought up.

I personally don't think it has anything to do with an infant. I think she picked a quiet, serene place to retire. Northern VA is SO busy and there are few quiet places around here. It makes perfect sense that someone from this area would choose a cemetery.

Okay the VABC Public Affairs people wrote back and said

"I'm sorry we would not have that information."

I'm going to reply and ask how they kept track of sales back in the day. *tee hee* I lied and said "I'm doing ~research for a ~college paper" :) Let's see if that works...

Maybe I am off base here but I don't see her being a Jeff Foxworthy fan.

LOL yeah I kind of see the resemblance of her and the picture but not really.

Might I note a lot of buzz on the fairfax underground board that people think she's related to the Gooding / Seaton family which has a person cemetery nearby PV. However, the last person buried there died in 1902 or so...

Also, might I note there is a community college right across the street from PV. Probably not related but who knows. Maybe she got an F in Physics and was depressed?

<modsnip>

So, this case/dna thing is still being worked out, I assume? Almost a year later? I'll go google her ;)

What if she picked the cemetery for its name? Like an homage to a family members home town or her birth place? Aren't there several "pleasant valley, USA"s???

What if she picked the cemetery for its name? Like an homage to a family members home town or her birth place? Aren't there several "pleasant valley, USA"s???

We have a Pleasant Valley here in NV, just between Reno and Carson City, in the Washoe Valley area. Your idea got me thinking, so I looked through women missing from that area and found one questionable possible. Mary Carter.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/carter_mary.html

There doesn't seem to be much information about her. Not sure if she lived in Washoe Valley or if she was perhaps hitchhiking from Reno or something. I see a similarity in the noses, and if Mary gained a bit of weight,the wrinkles in her face may have smoothed out.

It's not great though: the height is off by 3", large time discrepancy, no mention of scars on Mary, and Mary's story (sparse as it is) leads me to believe that she was murdered back in 1984.

@mich -- I can see it... I wonder if maybe they "found" her wallet because she was shedding her identity and wanted to just leave it all behind.

The biggest thing that irritates me about Jane Doe of Annandale is that I haven't seen her eye color mentioned. Anywhere. Maybe I missed it?

Anyway, I may stop by PV at some point next week (I work right down the road) and maybe take some pics, look at the stones in the cemetery.

Just a thought and forgive me if its been mentioned before, but there is always the possibility that her family knows who she is and chose not to claim the body. It wouldn't be the first time and there could be a great deal of reasons why. She could be their estranged mother and there could have been a lot of bitterness in the family and no desire to claim her. Or the family could have been unable to afford to deal with her remains. Just because she was wearing expensive clothing does not necessarily mean she was comfortably off. She could have spent the last money she had on the clothing and the articles that were with her. If she were well off and her family knew she committed suicide, then that would throw out my idea that they just didn't claim the body, because that would deny them access to her estate. It's puzzling and it does seem as if she knew the area somewhat. You would think if a woman went missing in the area she would have left behind an abandoned home or apartment, a bank account, friends, something! Although in the case of her being a tenant, I will say that my husband and I used to own a fair amount of rental properties and folks would often move out secretly before the next month's rent was due, sometimes leaving nearly all their possessions behind. Never once did it occur to us that they may have gone missing, we just assumed they didn't have the rent money. After 30 days we simply disposed of their abandoned belongings and rented the property to a new tenant. So I am not sure a landlord would think something was amiss, especially if she had not lived there long, and most especially if she were staying in a hotel/boarding house/efficiency apartment where tenants come and go all the time.

@dogperson - thank you for shedding light on the renter/rentee aspect. I always wondered how landlords wouldn't notice/get suspicious.

Couple of things: ABC did not record license to purchase back then like they do now. There would be no record of her name attached to the brandy. There may be a purchase record but it was over 10 years ago, I doubt anyone has that.

Also, I was thinking, maybe she DIDN'T know the area because, if she did in fact go to the places I pointed out on the map, they're all lumped pretty closely together. Or maybe it was an impulse and convenient, IDK.

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Wanted_a...w.cfm?ID=32528dc2-ba47-45d9-ad3e-4d1c7214594d Judith Guerin

ao15bs.jpg

Basic Information
Race: White
Sex: Female
DOB: October 6, 1945
Height: 5' 2"
Weight: 180 pounds
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Blonde

Jane Doe
Estimated age Adult - Pre 70
Minimum age 50 years
Maximum age 70 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) 157, Measured
Height (inches) 60, Measured (5'0")

It wouldn't work with my theory though -- the woman missing from NY lived up near Buffalo... and the only Pleasant Valley, NY is near NYC.

This certainly looks like a possibility. The glasses match. Charley Project indicates Judith Guerin does have a c-section scar. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/geurin_judith.html

It also says her life was a mess and she may have left voluntarily to avoid prosecution. She worked as a cook in a restaurant, so she could have found work almost anywhere.

There is a Pleasant Valley Road just south of Sodus Point. I doubt this is more than coincidence, however; Google maps turns up 313 Pleasant Valley Road, Lane, etc. in addition to places named Pleasant Valley, so most anyplace we look is going to have Pleasant Valley Something nearby.

Here's an interesting article about Ms. Guerin: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/22/nyregion/22search.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

And here's a thread for Ms. Guerin on websleuths: NY NY - Judith A. Geurin, 45, Sodus Point, 28 Jan 1991 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community. Our UID was proposed as a match there, but nobody seems to have followed up.

@dogperson - thank you for shedding light on the renter/rentee aspect. I always wondered how landlords wouldn't notice/get suspicious.

Couple of things: ABC did not record license to purchase back then like they do now. There would be no record of her name attached to the brandy. There may be a purchase record but it was over 10 years ago, I doubt anyone has that.

Also, I was thinking, maybe she DIDN'T know the area because, if she did in fact go to the places I pointed out on the map, they're all lumped pretty closely together. Or maybe it was an impulse and convenient, IDK.

As carefully as the rest of the suicide was planned, it's entirely possible she cleared her lease, etc. before she went to the cemetery.

I have wondered whether the cemetery was a place she saw as she went to and from work -- from a bus window, perhaps.

I've emailed the NY State police and left a message for the head of the fairfax county cold case division. We shall see.

I've contacted Amy Kusaywa, too, via Facebook. I'll keep you all abreast of any developments.

Also, I've noticed Jane Doe was wearing matching pants/sweater.... And Judy was said to always wear matching pants/sweaters too..

Also, I've noticed Jane Doe was wearing matching pants/sweater.... And Judy was said to always wear matching pants/sweaters too..

Yeah, lots and lots of things match, don't they? It even makes sense that a woman who had abandoned her kids and grandkids would seek solace among the children.

Yeah, lots and lots of things match, don't they? It even makes sense that a woman who had abandoned her kids and grandkids would seek solace among the children.

See and that's why this is such a strong match. It says she started disappearing slowly and then just was gone one day. I don't believe her ex-bf murdered her. It would have been easy for her to come down here to northern VA and set up a new life -- Annandale is a very, very mixed community so she would have blended right in. I also don't think it was hard to set up fake SSNs back in the mid 90s (as far as Judy's tax returns and her never filing another one was concerned). She probably worked odd jobs around the DC area and no one ever questioned her. She may have quit her job before she killed herself -- and heck, she might have even been employed at a restaurant owned and operated by foreigners, therefore making the possibility of her being identified even slighter, etc etc

Her typed suicide note shows that she had a lot of problems in her life; Judy spiraled out of control when her husband died.

The only, and biggest thing that bothers me is her DNR bracelet. I think Judy's husband was a cop -- so why would he have one of those? It must have been purchased by and belonged to Annandale JD and her only.

Judy is our Annandale Jane Doe, and our Annandale Jane Doe is Judy. Now we just need someone to get finger prints, DNA and dental records to prove it. I'm like 110% sold on this match. I hope others are too -- and if not, I hope they point out problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor