Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Italian missing person's page for Magdalena says her eyebrows are different colours... the doe's brows are the same colour? Natural or dyed looking?

I have to wonder if the glasses really WERE a product of that Belgian University...

"The Centre Spatial de Liège (CSL) is an applied Research Center owned by the University of Liège, focused on design, integration and calibration of space observation instruments. CSL also operated a highly specialized environmental test center to support ESA program as well as space industry and regional companies. Through several state of the art facilities standing in an ultra-clean environment, CSL provides a customized service to expose instruments, systems and even, satellites to extreme conditions encountered in deep space with a unique expertise in optics and thermal regulation, including cryogenics. We are proud to highlight our participation to a great number of renowned space missions such as SOHO-EIT, XMM, COROT, HERSCHEL, PLANCK, JUNO, etc"

http://www.csl.ulg.ac.be/jcms/c_5414/en/about-us

I have to wonder if the glasses really WERE a product of that Belgian University...

"The Centre Spatial de Liège (CSL) is an applied Research Center owned by the University of Liège, focused on design, integration and calibration of space observation instruments. CSL also operated a highly specialized environmental test center to support ESA program as well as space industry and regional companies. Through several state of the art facilities standing in an ultra-clean environment, CSL provides a customized service to expose instruments, systems and even, satellites to extreme conditions encountered in deep space with a unique expertise in optics and thermal regulation, including cryogenics. We are proud to highlight our participation to a great number of renowned space missions such as SOHO-EIT, XMM, COROT, HERSCHEL, PLANCK, JUNO, etc"

http://www.csl.ulg.ac.be/jcms/c_5414/en/about-us

I just read all that twice, maybe it's my brain on pain killers but I don't understand anything it said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read all that twice, maybe it's my brain on pain killers but I don't understand anything it said.

I emailed the general contact address to inquire about whether or not they ever made eye glasses. Hopefully you won't need clarification on the article anytime soon LOL

I emailed the general contact address to inquire about whether or not they ever made eye glasses. Hopefully you won't need clarification on the article anytime soon LOL

Assuming the point you're making is the university did more hi tech stuff,
I mean tri focal lenses are kinda hi tech. Esp. for the 90s you know. Or maybe the frames are hi tech. Or designed at the university. There are lots of things that go on at universities.

Assuming the point you're making is the university did more hi tech stuff,
I mean tri focal lenses are kinda hi tech. Esp. for the 90s you know. Or maybe the frames are hi tech. Or designed at the university. There are lots of things that go on at universities.

Yeah, my problem is CSL (a part of the University) seems to me like it specializes in space exploration or scientific stuff like that. I'd like further clarification to see if they manufactured a special type of eye glasses at any point, and if so, when. Because right now, based solely on the description of what CSL does, I'm wary of saying the glasses came from that place.

C-section scars:

small_C-section_incisions.jpg

(from http://www.abclawcenters.com/frequently-asked-questions/can-i-have-a-vaginal-birth-after-a-c-section)

Hysterectomy scars seem to be similar:

my00501_%20my00163_im03924_w7_abdominal_incisionthu_jpg.ashx

(from http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/abdominal-hysterectomy/multimedia/abdominal-hysterectomy-incisions/img-20007783)

My aunt has had a hysterectomy and her scar is similar to this vertical one, but her goes up to the belly button, due to the doctor's inexperience. But I agree that de UID's scar is more likely a laparotomy.

Yeah, my problem is CSL (a part of the University) seems to me like it specializes in space exploration or scientific stuff like that. I'd like further clarification to see if they manufactured a special type of eye glasses at any point, and if so, when. Because right now, based solely on the description of what CSL does, I'm wary of saying the glasses came from that place.

Yeah!! My husband had to read it to me and explain what you were saying. Lol

Uhhh, I don't seem to recall that little Minnie Mouse backpack...thing. What *is* that? At first glance I thought it was thong underwear! :blushing:

Is it like a little change purse? It looks well-worn, with the safety pin and the tape. Was there anything inside it?

Uhhh, I don't seem to recall that little Minnie Mouse backpack...thing. What *is* that? At first glance I thought it was thong underwear! :blushing:

Is it like a little change purse? It looks well-worn, with the safety pin and the tape. Was there anything inside it?

Fanny pack. I remember reading she had a fanny pack but not a Minnie Mouse one.

I know several people who have the vertical c-section scar and they were done in the late 60's thru the mid 80's. So I don't think it was uncommon...

Now my dad has a scar just like that from his surgery on his colon, intestines, stomach and liver due to a HUGE malignant tumor that went undetected for years (but that's a story for another day). At first that scar was like raised but as time went on it like sunk into his skin.

I have a scar like this also. I had a 5+ pound non malignant tumor. It was so large that the doctor had to cut up and around my belly button to remove it.

Fanny pack. I remember reading she had a fanny pack but not a Minnie Mouse one.

My total guess is that she carried the Valium in it, since no pill bottle was found.

Yes, I think that is odd. I found some studies and such that show that they did work with trifocal lenses, but that's a far cry from manufacturing eyeglasses.

Do we know how the poster from Porchlight determined that the glasses came from there? I found the original thread and all it says is that she traced them back based on the "CSL" on the frames.

Do we know how the poster from Porchlight determined that the glasses came from there? I found the original thread and all it says is that she traced them back based on the "CSL" on the frames.

I will ask her. Emailing now.

"Centre Spatial de Liège (CSL
CSL was on the glasses They make optical lenses
Liège, Wallonia, Belgium"

Okay so Wallonia is southern Belgium and predominantly speaks French. If anyone speaks French let's try and get the word out there to the French people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member