Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was think of her today.... wish we could call you by your name.

Donna Thompson is 5'7" and our Christmas Tree lady was only about five feet even. That's a pretty big difference. But other than that, she looks kind of close and the time line is okay. If she left Michigan, went back to New Jersey where she was from, and then kind of wandered in a depression, she could have wound up in Annandale. Or maybe it had some youthful connection for her.

??
http://cfapp.vancouver.ca/MissingPersons_wac/MissingPersons.exe

generated173.jpg
ROUSE, Ellen Marlene
DOB:
1956-12-21
Date Last Seen:
1975-11-01
Missing From:
7400 Block Oak St., Vancouver
Synopsis:
Ms. Rouse was last seen leaving her workplace to pick up some clothing in Kitsilano. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.
Description:
Caucasian female, 158cm (5`2") 46kg (103lbs.), light brown hair, brown eyes, wears prescription glasses, scar on lid, birthmark on side/ abdomen
Incident Number:
1975-61959

Hm. She looks possible. She'd be quite a bit on the young side, though, wouldn't she?

Ellen would have been 40 in 1996. Missing for 20 years though.

So I posted about her on a top Reddit post about unsolved mysteries today, and someone said this about it:

"Whoa. Too weird. I clearly remember this lady being identified about 6-8 months ago, went to go get you her name, and now I can't find a single thing about it.

I swear there was an article being circulated around where an old friend recognized her picture on the Doe Network. Turned out her name was Debbie or something, she was from the northwest, and they even had a brief interview with her daughter, her only child, who positively IDed her was glad to finally know what happened to her after she just disappeared one day.

I guess... not."

Did I miss something???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi everyone,
very long time lurker here finally coming out of "lurkerville" to ask what in all probability is likely a very silly question. here goes, does anyone know why the DNA results are still listed as submitted but not complete? are they still in fact incomplete or has this just not been updated on the page? if they're not complete does anyone know why DNA results are not back, I believe they were submitted a few years ago?
TIA

Sample submitted--tests not complete means they sent samples to a lab for processing but don't have the results back yet.

There are several reasons why this could happen:

Labs are overloaded; some have several-year backlogs for this kind of testing.

With older samples, there can be difficulty retrieving a large enough sample to test.

Sometimes there are paperwork delays, usually related to who is paying for it.

And as you said, maybe they just didn't update the Namus page :p

thanks for your answer. I am actually surprised by the turn around time on this. I'm actually in the medical field myself and while autopsies and other PM cases are typically the lowest priority I can't say that I've seen a two year wait for results yet. this isn't however my immediate field of work however. nonetheless thank you for taking the time to get back to me!

Idk if this had been mentioned, but The Prayer is fairly similar to what my Great grandmother would say and would make us say before going to bed. She would had actually been about the same age on the higher end of the estimated age of the Jane doe . Idk if this could be some sort of insight into it and if the prayer was more common in certain places or type of christianity.My Grandmother was a born and raised Missouri Baptist.

The prayer goes:
Now I lay thee down to sleep.
I pray thee lord my soul to keep.
If I shall die before I wake,
I pray thee lord my soul to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors