Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem ~60, 245UFVA, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96 #2 - Joyce Meyer Sommers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has Jaqueline Ann Gasperian, missing from California been excluded as a match? I’ve looked but I can’t find anything.

I was recently watching a show that mentioned the Hemlock Society, which is an assisted suicide and right-to-die group.

It mentioned specifically that one of the methods of suicide is to take a large amount of pills and suffocate yourself with a plastic bag. The idea is to let the carbon monoxide build up inside the bag by leaving room to breathe the recycled air in.

Anyways, just thought I would add that along with suicide manuals and Heavens Gate which was also mentioned in this thread.

Hemlock Society - Wikipedia

Has Jaqueline Ann Gasperian, missing from California been excluded as a match? I’ve looked but I can’t find anything.

Namus has around 700 people that are excluded. From a quick search through the pages.... No she has not...

Last edited:
I don't know whether Gasperian has been looked at before. She's pretty tall (5'6") to be a match to our lady, who was short.

Hm, Gasperian has a gastric bypass scar. @lizziginne, does that look like the UID's scar to you? Picture at link. Jacqueline Ann Gasperian – The Charley Project

Doesn't quite match to my eye, UIDs scar goes around her umbilicus very obviously but Jacqueline's doesn't.
However, given the time line I don't think you could fully exclude it, scars change a lot over time and as people age/weight fluctuates etc

I would imagine the 5’5” was an estimate at the scene. Tad bit off. Everything else I have seen states 5’0”. Such a sad story.

I suppose it does indicate there's enough ambiguity that we can't rule out Ms. Gasperian based on height--and that seems to be the only discrepancy. Not that there's a lot to go on.

I can't find the rule out list on NAMUS (or is it on another website??). Have we looked at Angella Kislo from Luzerne PA? Around the same weight, though she was about 4 inches shorter. Last heard from in June 1996, was 76 at the time she disappeared. Family said she was depressed...

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I can't find the rule out list on NAMUS (or is it on another website??). Have we looked at Angella Kislo from Luzerne PA? Around the same weight, though she was about 4 inches shorter. Last heard from in June 1996, was 76 at the time she disappeared. Family said she was depressed...

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

You have to have an account to view NAMUS rule-out lists.

She currently does not have any public rule outs listed. Sometime LE has some that they have not inputted to NAMUS due to being prior to the website.

Angella also had "gray/partially gray" hair where has this doe had distinctive red/copper colored hair

You have to have an account to view NAMUS rule-out lists.

She currently does not have any public rule outs listed. Sometime LE has some that they have not inputted to NAMUS due to being prior to the website.

Angella also had "gray/partially gray" hair where has this doe had distinctive red/copper colored hair

Ahhh that's where the rule outs went. I knew I remembered seeing them somewhere.

As for hair color discrepancy - could've been colored. Our Jane Doe has a VERY bright red/orange color possibly indicative (IMO) of hair-dye.

For her to have been our lady, she'd have had to have lived under a different identity (or identities) for 26 years. I don't know whether that's plausible for our lady, but the idea of someone being missing a long time brings up some interesting possibilities. What if Jacqueline ran away, changed her name to Mary Smith, lived another 26 years, and then disappeared again? Are there "missing people" who are actually one person changing IDs more than once?

For her to have been our lady, she'd have had to have lived under a different identity (or identities) for 26 years. I don't know whether that's plausible for our lady, but the idea of someone being missing a long time brings up some interesting possibilities. What if Jacqueline ran away, changed her name to Mary Smith, lived another 26 years, and then disappeared again? Are there "missing people" who are actually one person changing IDs more than once?
It’s completely plausible! I think that there have been cases of missing persons that have changed their identities multiple times.

It’s completely plausible! I think that there have been cases of missing persons that have changed their identities multiple times.

Yeah look at that one case out of Texas (Kim I think her name was?) where she had "disappeared" some 15+ years prior, and had a whole new life, new name, new ID, etc. etc.

Is it possible she is related to this child, known only as “Tinky”, who was buried in the same cemetery? The decision of the baby’s loved ones not to give his real name reminds me of the secrecy of this woman.

Tinky (1983-1988) - Find A Grave Memorial

Everyone please leave little Tinky a flower too

Hmm.....

Related or not, I have always wondered if she felt responsible (either directly or indirectly) for the death or serious injury of a child. Some possibilities I have brainstormed include her personally being behind the wheel of a car when a child was hurt/killed (maybe even intoxicated hence the alcohol she consumed) or her allowing a child to ride in a car with someone she may have known, or not known, was drinking that resulted in the injury or death of a child.

There is one really tiny and small obscure detail that I can't find any answer for, but not sure it matters to know.

The tape used to mend the Minnie Mouse fanny pack. Was is fresh tape like the roll of masking tape she brought with her? Or was it dirty tape used a long time ago?

Sometimes I put to much thought into things, but maybe she was symbolically repairing or fixing something if she brought the tape with her and fixed the fanny pack on site before taking her life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back