Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem ~60, 245UFVA, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96 #2 - Joyce Meyer Sommers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another possibility is that she thought dying from an allergic reaction would have been more painful than overdosing the way she did. Not to get too dark but the way she committed suicide is commonly talked about and referred to as one of the less painful methods. I've seen this exact method down to the drug talked about. Unsure about how she got the valium. Maybe she was prescribed it for one reason or another.
I would think that prior negative experiences with penicillin would rule out using it in death. Taking a sedative and asphyxiation surrounded by meaningful possessions means she likely wanted to die peacefully.

Could she be Cora Andersen? Sorry if she is already mentioned.
Cora Andersen – The Charley Project

cora_andersen_1.jpg

Missing from Alaska since 1979. She was born in 12/20/1927 and would have been 69 in 1996, her birthday coming up in two days (Jane Doe was found on the 18th) 5'0 like Jane Doe, red hair, wearing glasses. I couldn't find a genealogy trace (yet). I wanted to check if Cora had given birth (C-section on Jane Doe) If somebody else has more luck, let us please know.

Is Cora on the rule out list? I can't check it. Did somebody submitted her? I didn't.

Whenever I put up my christmas tree I think of this lady, It's one of the cases that stays with me and I think of her often.
I agree that Cora looks like a promising possible match, something about the nose and mouth looks similar.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but in reviewing UID belongings, is it possible the ring described as “jade stones” could actually be peridot stones? This would be a symbol of August birth month.
upload_2021-12-21_9-10-53.jpeg

I think of this lady often. I don't think another case makes me feel so sad as this. The way she planned her suicide, and kept herself going by listening to audio tapes of comedy sketches.

She sounds such a witty, educated lady, and it breaks my heart she ended up like this.

But I always think of her, and hope at one stage she had a nice happy life, even if she didn't later on.

Merry Christmas Lady Annandale. This Christmas is 25 years since you went.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but in reviewing UID belongings, is it possible the ring described as “jade stones” could actually be peridot stones? This would be a symbol of August birth month.
View attachment 327127
What a great suggestion. Just checked Connie Converse's birthday...3rd August. I have a strong feeling that this lady is Elizabeth Eaton Converse, known as 'Connie', who disappeared from Ann Arbor in 1974, to start a new life (as told to her brother). I can see definite similarities in the features - round face, shape of lips, nose, wide brow, eye brows, chin. Connie didn't have red hair, but the deceased lady's hair must be dyed bright red. Connie would have been 72 in 1996. She was very well educated, wrote songs /poetry, liked Monty Python apparently (spent time in London in early 70s when Monty Python were current), suffered from depression, needed (and possibly had) abdominal surgery. Has anyone else looked into the possibility of this lady being Connie? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211106-235910~3.png
    Screenshot_20211106-235910~3.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20211107-001309~2.png
    Screenshot_20211107-001309~2.png
    509.7 KB · Views: 55
She might have dyed her hair in order to make her identification more difficult. I agree--she looks like a good possibility.

Where did you find out about her?

Edit: I looked into her and she has a Wikipedia entry; reading it, which includes quotes from her, it does indeed sound like her, as her quoted writing reminds me a lot of her suicide note. Has anyone directed the relevant authorities to her?

Last edited:
I also thought that the dyed red hair could be to make identification more difficult. I've been curious about her disappearance since being introduced to her music a few years ago. I only recently read about the Annandale lady, and made a connection between the two (as have some others online).

What a great suggestion. Just checked Connie Converse's birthday...3rd August. I have a strong feeling that this lady is Elizabeth Eaton Converse, known as 'Connie', who disappeared from Ann Arbor in 1974, to start a new life (as told to her brother). I can see definite similarities in the features - round face, shape of lips, nose, wide brow, eye brows, chin. Connie didn't have red hair, but the deceased lady's hair must be dyed bright red. Connie would have been 72 in 1996. She was very well educated, wrote songs /poetry, liked Monty Python apparently (spent time in London in early 70s when Monty Python were current), suffered from depression, needed (and possibly had) abdominal surgery. Has anyone else looked into the possibility of this lady being Connie? Thanks

NamUs has Connie's height as 5'7" to 5'10"
UID was only 5 feet tall

Missing Person / NamUs #MP23656

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Most pictures of Connie online are from her younger days, when her face was thinner. The black and white screenshot is taken from a documentary that was made about Connie, and I'm guessing that is closer to how she would have looked when she disappeared in 1974.

I know about the height differences. I really don't think Connie was tall.....she looks rather small in any pictures I've seen of her....certainly nowhere near 5'7-5'10. There is a Washington Post article where the height of the lady was reported as 5'5.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211110-004350~2.png
    Screenshot_20211110-004350~2.png
    376.6 KB · Views: 30
I wonder what became of Connie's VW Beetle? It was never found. So there were theories she drove into a lake/river etc. while she was inside. But hey, it's only a theory and I'd love it if Annandale Jane Doe finally gets her identity back, whether it's Connie or not.

I wonder what became of Connie's VW Beetle? It was never found. So there were theories she drove into a lake/river etc. while she was inside. But hey, it's only a theory and I'd love it if Annandale Jane Doe finally gets her identity back, whether it's Connie or not.
I think her brother Phil and his wife speculated that she might have driven into water, and that's why the car was never found. I don't think they had anything to base this on though. I do hope she did have another 20 plus years of life, and had some happiness during that time. She was such a talented woman. Wonderful songwriter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back