GUILTY VA - Ashanti Billie, 19, found deceased, Virginia Beach, 18 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for bringing this article quote forward, I had forgotten that she had intended to change at her work place.

I'm wondering, is it possible Ashanti would also take a shower at her work place before changing into her work outfit? If yes, could something have happened there?

I hadn't heard about the work clothes until now, but from this description- could she have been planning to work out before reporting to work? There is a 24 hour Planet Fitness directly across from Gate 1.

Also, why did AB go through gate 3 initially? I am not thoroughly familiar with where things are on base, but read that Blimpies is closest to Gate 1, so why did she go through Gate 3 first?

Is it possible that someone else drove through Gate 3 with her car?

as a civilian, I would expect that all bases have cameras around. could it be that whomever did this, knew that area didn't have cameras?

According to the source I interviewed: there are no cameras able to record that particular area.

The entering and exiting of gates is odd, and the report that there was an accident on base at that time in the morning is really weird.

The information I find online says that gates 1 and 3 open at 5am. Gate 5 is used for 24 hour access. Could the turnaround actually have been personnel at the gate informing her that gate 3 was not open yet?

I am civilian so not sure, but I do drive Shore Drive frequently and it does appear that these times are correct. Anybody know if gate 3 was even open at that time?

I hadn't heard about the work clothes until now, but from this description- could she have been planning to work out before reporting to work? There is a 24 hour Planet Fitness directly across from Gate 1.

Also, why did AB go through gate 3 initially? I am not thoroughly familiar with where things are on base, but read that Blimpies is closest to Gate 1, so why did she go through Gate 3 first?

Is it possible that someone else drove through Gate 3 with her car?

I almost find the Gate 3 entry odd. If she was new to the area and found the traffic had been backed up too far at Gate 1, she may opted for Gate 3 if she was coming from Independence Blvd and was not aware of the gate hours. (Too slow getting to the other side of the base from Gate 5.) According to the media, the FBI stated that it was verified that Ashanti drove onto the base, but they can't verify who drove the car off the base 30 minutes later.

According to the media, the FBI stated that it was verified that Ashanti drove onto the base, but they can't verify who drove the car off the base 30 minutes later.

RSBM: And the fact that they even mentioned that they are not certain who drove her car off base, tells me there is something there.

I look at that pic of where she was found, and it is just so eerie. And she was "propped up".

Let's remember that she was epileptic, too.

I am seeing possibly two thoughts that give me concern. The first is what has been mentioned, maybe she interrupted a burglary but my gut tells me no. I also live in the area and all too familiar with our morning traffic backups, but I still don't see her leaving home quite that early to be on time for work. My second speculation is I think co-workers need to be scrutinized closely. Co-workers that knew she would be arriving very early and would be working alone for approx 3 hrs.
In trying to place myself as a criminal wanting to do criminal activities at 5 am I would be selecting say a convenience store not heavily manned. I definitely wouldn't be selecting a military installation with camera's. Which leaves leaves me thinking she could have been lured in some way to depart the base solo. I feel quite sure LE has looked at security film to see who and when others arrived and departed base that morning. Again, my gut tells me someone that knew she would be alone and on base early by herself needs to be considered. But along the same lines, if I were a bad man wanting to lure her in I would have lured her to a meet location off base rather than on base. Very perplexing case.

According to the general manager at Blimpie's, there was no sign that anyone had been in the store, which makes burglary less likely. The burglar seemingly would have just run away, not abduct and kill her. Also, the manager said there weren't any cameras (for Blimpie's).

As the FBI tries to track down anyone involved in the abduction of Ashanti Billie, her parents have laid the groundwork for a memorial scholarship in their daughter’s name.

Meltony and Brandy Billie stood outside the Art Institute of Virginia Beach in Town Center on Monday to announce their plans for the Ashanti Foundation.

<snip> http://wavy.com/2017/10/02/culinary-scholarship-will-honor-abducted-teen-ashanti-billie/

There's also a video at this link with an interview with Ashanti's parents. The Billies believe something happened to Ashanti while on base. Sadly, no military officials from the base have reached out to the Billies to offer their condolences. Why is this? Are they (military personnel) being defensive of base protocol, suggesting to investigators that no crime occurred on base--that AB must have gone off base on her own? Is their silence a form of damage control?

So many questions. Hope there are answers soon. Justice for Ashanti. :rose:

I definitely think the police have more info than they are sharing.

They (almost) always do. They don't want the one(s) who committed the crime to know how much LE knows, and they don't owe the public any information. It's such a frustrating time for us here on WS -- we usually know what happened, where it happened, when it happened (within reason), how it happened (sometimes), but the who often comes later with an arrest reported. And very few facts in between, and that wait in between is so very frustrating.
:gaah:

One thing I have been thinking about is how risky it'd be to drive that far with a dead body. What if you got pulled over for some reason or got rear ended? Also, if she was killed on or near base wouldn't rigor mortis have set in long ago making it hard to prop her up? Sorry to be morbid but that makes me think she may have died shortly before her body was placed rather than near or in VB. Could she have been kept in the trunk and had a seizure possibly? Who would keep her alive that long?

I almost find the Gate 3 entry odd. If she was new to the area and found the traffic had been backed up too far at Gate 1, she may opted for Gate 3 if she was coming from Independence Blvd and was not aware of the gate hours. (Too slow getting to the other side of the base from Gate 5.) According to the media, the FBI stated that it was verified that Ashanti drove onto the base, but they can't verify who drove the car off the base 30 minutes later.
On the Blimpie website, it gives 1611 Midway Rd as the address for the JEB Little Creek-Fort Story locale and gives Amphibious and Tortuga Rds as reference points. On the map of JEB linked below, I don't see Blimpie labelled or a Tortuga Rd but Google maps indicates 1611 Midway is adjacent to Tarawa Oak Rd. It appears to be a strip mall. That side of the road looks pretty isolated and I'm sure it would be especially isolated at 5:00 in the AM. The areas directly across Midway Rd and Amphibious Rd look very busy. I suppose some good-for-nothing could have wandered over to the strip mall from one of those areas.

Anyway, could you tell me where on the map to find Gates 1, 3 and 5? TIA!

https://goo.gl/maps/sCdy95tSAsR2

On the Blimpie website, it gives 1611 Midway Rd as the address for the JEB Little Creek-Fort Story locale and gives Amphibious and Tortuga Rds as reference points. On the map of JEB linked below, I don't see Blimpie labelled or a Tortuga Rd but Google maps indicates 1611 Midway is adjacent to Tarawa Oak Rd. It appears to be a strip mall. That side of the road looks pretty isolated and I'm sure it would be especially isolated at 5:00 in the AM. The areas directly across Midway Rd and Amphibious Rd look very busy. I suppose some good-for-nothing could have wandered over to the strip mall from one of those areas.

Anyway, could you tell me where on the map to find Gates 1, 3 and 5? TIA!

https://goo.gl/maps/sCdy95tSAsR2
Gate 1 is right on Midway Rd. If you just type Gate 1 right in front of your address search on your Google map it will show. Gate 3 is at shore drive and Helicopter Rd which is far away from Blimpies which is why I don't understand going in gate 3. You have to drive slow on bases so why not take the quickest route to work? Gate 5 is at Independence Blvd and Shore drive. So you basically swipe left to move the map East to see them.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

One thing I have been thinking about is how risky it'd be to drive that far with a dead body. What if you got pulled over for some reason or got rear ended? Also, if she was killed on or near base wouldn't rigor mortis have set in long ago making it hard to prop her up? Sorry to be morbid but that makes me think she may have died shortly before her body was placed rather than near or in VB. Could she have been kept in the trunk and had a seizure possibly? Who would keep her alive that long?
I was thinking about this, too. She had been missing for, IIRC, 11 days. We don't know what stage of decomp her body was in when found, but wouldn't someone have noticed her there on Sunday, Sept 24, if not sooner, if she had been there since Monday (9/18)?

According to the church's website, there are 2 services Sunday AM. There's also 2 Bible studies on Wednesday, one in the AM and one in the evening. Seems there would be plenty of people on church grounds that someone would have noticed something amiss earlier. I don't know the size of the congregation or how many children in the congregation, but there are pictures of children on the website and children usually like to run around outside after services. Ugh! I'm so glad children didn't find the body! :(

Rigor mortis is not a permanent state. It generally only lasts about 24 to 48 hours, depending on several factors, particularly ambient temperature.

Unless her abductor didn't intend to kill her but rather "deliver" her to someone in NC and she died on the way?

They (almost) always do. They don't want the one(s) who committed the crime to know how much LE knows, and they don't owe the public any information. It's such a frustrating time for us here on WS -- we usually know what happened, where it happened, when it happened (within reason), how it happened (sometimes), but the who often comes later with an arrest reported. And very few facts in between, and that wait in between is so very frustrating.
:gaah:
Lots of great minds here. I wonder if LE uses this site. They should!

The stiffening of muscles, due to coagulation of muscle proteins or a shift in the muscle's energy containers (ATP-ADP), into what is known as rigor mortis doesn’t happen as quickly as you think, and if the temperature is not particularly cold adds time to the process. Rigor mortis begins within two to six hours of death, starting with the eyelids, neck, and jaw, not the arms and legs (due to the difference in lactic acid levels among different muscles, which corresponds to the difference in glycogen levels and to the different types of muscle fibers). Over the next four to six hours, rigor mortis spreads to the other muscles, including the heart. A 300-mile drive, at freeway speeds, assuming she died shortly after going missing, would be roughly 5 hours and would allow for the body to be propped up without breaking a bone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96
Back