GUILTY VA - Ashanti Billie, 19, found deceased, Virginia Beach, 18 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How in this world could a person be taken from a U.S. base, taken to a second location where their belongings are discarded, driven to another state and put behind a church, and not one person or video has come forth? If this can happen, then other females are at risk still. There should be more warnings out there for females to be extremely cautious until they have a suspect(s) in custody. JMHO.

This is a disturbing case. Why return the car to Norfolk if the body was left outside in plain view (propped up against a large rock) in NC? Why not just leave the car in NC???

This is a disturbing case. Why return the car to Norfolk if the body was left outside in plain view (propped up against a large rock) in NC? Why not just leave the car in NC???

My guess is they live in the VB area, so they would've needed transportation back there. It does seem awfully risky to drive all that way in a missing woman's car! I just don't get why the perp was taking her there to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FBI suggests Md. woman found dead in NC was abducted

https://wtop.com/prince-georges-cou...ward-asks-for-video-of-murdered-md-teens-car/

Questions Remain In Prince George’s Co. Woman’s Death As Funeral Is Held

Investigators said they wanted to know if anyone in North Carolina recognized Billie or her vehicle. While Billie’s Mini Cooper was found in Norfolk, detectives said they believed it’s possible the car may have been driven back to Norfolk from North Carolina.

<snip> http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/...ol-norfolk-virginia-charlotte-north-carolina/

I don't think investigators are certain someone drove Ashanti to Charlotte in her car. IMO, there's no reason to doubt the residents of Ocean View that say her car was parked there since the AM of 9/18 unless their memory isn't accurate. Some articles do state only that the car was there several days. http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ing-Woman-Ashanti-Billie-Found-448823843.html

It's still possible someone abducted AB and transported her in another vehicle to Charlotte alive and then something happened. I think investigators are only hoping AB's killer drove her car to Charlotte because then there's a chance the car was caught on cams along the way; and if the car is spotted on cams, there's the possibility the perp will be seen with the car and can be ID'd.

If more than one perp is involved, though, it's possible one of them drove AB's car off base, while she was transported to Charlotte in a different vehicle, such as a commercial van or truck. It would have been inconspicuous if AB was tied up in the back of the vehicle. (JMO) Is it likely commercial vehicles were passing through base that AM to make deliveries--either delivering something to JEB or making a delivery from JEB to Charlotte (perhaps to another base there)?

My guess is they live in the VB area, so they would've needed transportation back there. It does seem awfully risky to drive all that way in a missing woman's car! I just don't get why the perp was taking her there to begin with.

Yes, that is what I don't get. She was missing for a total of 11 days before body was found. Cell phone was found the morning of the first day and, so people were already looking for her by the end of the day. The media did a good job of getting description of her car and her photo out. So, to drive her car seems risky or desperate?

I live in this area and the picture of her car/license plate was all over the place within 2 days.

I still would like to know if she normally left that early to go to work. Have the roommates been checked out?

Has it been verified that Ashanti regularly left for work that early? She certainly left a very large margin before shift time. And she was dressed in civilian clothes meaning she'd have to change at that Blimpies upon arrival. Given distance to the Bimpies and home, and given early time, one would think she'd dress in work garb rather than having to change there...unless there is a reason she wanted to be in civilian clothes, regular clothes for that time before work.

I suspect she was meeting someone before work in that extra time, and something went wrong that day. Whether it happened in or off base, in VA or elsewhere we don't know at this time.

Question is who disappeared at around time? From base, in area

Has it been verified that Ashanti regularly left for work that early? She certainly left a very large margin before shift time. And she was dressed in civilian clothes meaning she'd have to change at that Blimpies upon arrival. Given distance to the Bimpies and home, and given early time, one would think she'd dress in work garb rather than having to change there...unless there is a reason she wanted to be in civilian clothes, regular clothes for that time before work.

I suspect she was meeting someone before work in that extra time, and something went wrong that day. Whether it happened in or off base, in VA or elsewhere we don't know at this time.

Question is who disappeared at around time? From base, in area

She might've just wanted to be comfortable since the store didn't open for a while after she was scheduled to work. She was said to have on a hooded sweatshirt and leggings when she left her apartment. She had to do a lot of prep work in those 3+ hours before the store opened. Makes sense to me that she'd change clothes not long before unlocking the doors.

I don't know what else is on base, but is it possible there's a gas station or shop of some sort where she planned to pick up breakfast and/or coffee? Its hard to imagine she was planning on meeting anyone who didn't work for blimpie's at 5am wearing leggings and a sweatshirt IMO. Anything is possible, but I would think she would've mentioned a 5am meeting to a friend, her mom when they spoke the night before, or at least a roommate. Seems like they would've asked why she was leaving earlier than usual. JMO

I do have some questions about the roommates. It would be interesting to know if they also work on base and why they were up around 4:30am when she left the apartment. Not implying anything at all, but I thought it was a little odd that they had actually seen Ashanti that early in the morning.

Ashanti did not leave unreasonably early for work that day. That specific Blimpies location opens at 6am. A 5am arrival would give her 1 hour prep time. IMO she left for work at her normal time and was not planning to meet anyone.
http://www.blimpie.com/stores/12267

She might've just wanted to be comfortable since the store didn't open for a while after she was scheduled to work. She was said to have on a hooded sweatshirt and leggings when she left her apartment. She had to do a lot of prep work in those 3+ hours before the store opened. Makes sense to me that she'd change clothes not long before unlocking the doors.

I don't know what else is on base, but is it possible there's a gas station or shop of some sort where she planned to pick up breakfast and/or coffee? Its hard to imagine she was planning on meeting anyone who didn't work for blimpie's at 5am wearing leggings and a sweatshirt IMO. Anything is possible, but I would think she would've mentioned a 5am meeting to a friend, her mom when they spoke the night before, or at least a roommate. Seems like they would've asked why she was leaving earlier than usual. JMO

I do have some questions about the roommates. It would be interesting to know if they also work on base and why they were up around 4:30am when she left the apartment. Not implying anything at all, but I thought it was a little odd that they had actually seen Ashanti that early in the morning.

Good speculation about the clothing. She also may not have wanted to get her uniform wrinkled in the car. People who wear uniforms for work typically press them the night before.

In reference to at least one roommate seeing Ashanti before she left around 4:30 a.m., maybe the roommate had gotten up to use the ladies room? We don't know anything about the roommates, so they could have been up to get ready for work or study for a test, too. JMO

Ashanti did not leave unreasonably early for work that day. That specific Blimpies location opens at 6am. A 5am arrival would give her 1 hour prep time. IMO she left for work at her normal time and was not planning to meet anyone.
http://www.blimpie.com/stores/12267

Great information -- thanks!! And,

:welcome:to Websleuths, NewsWatcherVB !! We're glad you're here!!

:cheer:
:cheer:

How in this world could a person be taken from a U.S. base, taken to a second location where their belongings are discarded, driven to another state and put behind a church, and not one person or video has come forth? If this can happen, then other females are at risk still. There should be more warnings out there for females to be extremely cautious until they have a suspect(s) in custody. JMHO.

If this can happen, ANYONE is at risk. The entire eff.

Wait...a sub shop opens at 6 am ?! Are we sure about that ?

I could swear her mom said she was scheduled to be there at 6am to prep and the other employee arrived not long after the store was supposed to open, but maybe not. I thought she went in to bake bread or something.

If I have missed this my apology.

Do we yet know what the incident on camp was that caused Ashanti to leave camp and re-enter in a different gate?

KR
Reacher

If I have missed this my apology.

Do we yet know what the incident on camp was that caused Ashanti to leave camp and re-enter in a different gate?

KR
Reacher

My understanding was it was a car accident. If the accident blocked the main road at that gate, then everyone's car would have been turned around and directed to another gate.

ETA: Here is the MSM account:
NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) &#8211; The FBI released video Tuesday afternoon they say shows Ashanti Billie&#8217;s Mini Cooper entering and leaving Gate 3 at Joint Expeditionary Base (JEB) Little Creek.

The video was recorded September 18, the last day she was seen.

Billie works at Blimpie&#8217;s Subs on the base. According to the FBI, the video of her car entering Gate 3 was taken around 4:44 a.m. Because of an accident on base, she turned around and left three minutes later.
http://wavy.com/2017/09/26/fbi-releases-video-of-missing-womans-vehicle-at-jeb-little-creek/

This does not specify it was a car accident but that's what makes sense to me in reading it.

That's how I understood it too, Gardner.

OK, so I finally had a chance to go on the base at Little Creek at Gate 1. What I saw was different than what I remembered from years ago or looking at Google Maps.

To start with I pulled up to the Blimpies at 0715. It was closed. I could see where there was an older sign with the store hours with the hours scratched out and a newer sign showing the Blimpies opens at 0900. The place was dark and I saw no one inside. So I went down to the other end to the Navy Exchange (NEX) mini-mart to get my coffee. I told the NEX clerk that I thought the Blimpies was open for breakfast and she said, 'No', it doesn't open that early. So did the store hours change? (The clerk was not aware of such.) If not, then why was Ashanti there 4 hours early?

The Blimpies is almost at the end of that NEX block of shops - the end closest to Gate 1. There is a suishi place at the end closest to Gate 1, then the Blimpies, then a barber shop and at the opposite end is the NEX Mini-Mart.

Gate 1 is MUCH closer than I thought. It's hardly any distance from the gate guards at Gate 1. How could anything happen there if the Gate was open and operating and the guards not see anything? Gate 1, from what I can find, is open at 0500.

There IS an ATM at that location. It is right next to the front door of the Blimpies. I wonder if it is operational and if it recorded anything in front of the Blimpies?

That street in front of the Blimpies is blocked off due to construction halfway between the intersection of Midway/Amphibious and the waterfront. If you want to go to the waterfront you have to cut through a fitness center parking lot on your left.

Because of the bright lights at Gate 1 it is fairly well lit.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasfrank
Back