Deceased/Not Found VA - Bethany Decker, 21, Ashburn, 29 Jan 2011 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In depth interview with Bethany's mom:

http://www.spreecast.com/events/bethany-decker-is-missing-update

She doesn't paint a good picture of Ronald and says he hasn't been in contact with her. Talks about the new investigator on the case. She has a hard time believing Bethany left on her own but still holds out hope that it happened. When asked about Ronald taking a polygraph, she says he hasn't cooperated with investigators.

Bumping for Bethany and her baby..............

Anything ever come of the remains found near I-95 this summer?

Just saw a promo for ID TV's Disappeared which will feature Bethany's case Monday 11-26-12 at 10 PM, EST. I am curious to see this program since there has been so little in the way of news or public awareness concerning her disappearance.

Any thoughts or comments about Bethany's episode of Disappeared that aired on Investigation Discovery tonight?

I watched the Disappeared show tonight. LE is being tight-lipped, as we should expect. Still, I was hoping they would have enough evidence to identify a suspect by now. They had their work cut out for them though since so many days passed before the authorities were notified of Bethany's mysterious absence. Maybe we'll get lucky and the show will result in new evidence being uncovered. One can only hope.

I saw the episode last night. The case is local for me, and there's not been a peep about the case for a long time. Let's hope this broadcast wakens the case.

I watched the Disappeared show tonight. LE is being tight-lipped, as we should expect. Still, I was hoping they would have enough evidence to identify a suspect by now. They had their work cut out for them though since so many days passed before the authorities were notified of Bethany's mysterious absence. Maybe we'll get lucky and the show will result in new evidence being uncovered. One can only hope.

I totally agree, all4justice. :please:

I saw the episode last night. The case is local for me, and there's not been a peep about the case for a long time. Let's hope this broadcast wakens the case.

That's so sad. :( Thank you for your local input, though!

I just saw the episode. I guess she started the affair with RR even before her husband had been deployed. I thought the affair was later, after she had been alone for a while.

Sounds like this RR is a typical control freak, requiring her to send photos of where she was, who she was with.

I do not understand how women keep getting involved with these types of men. It never ends well. More than once, according to Bethany, he had physically abused her as well.

But LE found no signs that RR was the one on her FB page; his phone also shows that he did try to contact her after he had allegedly last seen her. He did not take part in the show, while Bethany's husband did. From what he says, she was having doubts about ever getting married or having the baby. He found out via text messages about RR, but she denied that it was an affair. When he spoke to her from his deployment, she told him she did not love him, not to call anymore, and he heard RR in the room with her while she was on the phone. This was all before the trip they ended up taking to Hawaii. He found out about the pregnancy during his leave but he said it did not really shock him that much.

He said she was getting messages from RR all during the final meal with her grandparents, and then she said she had to leave immediately. She said things would be bad if she did not go home (to RR, apparently.) He said he and she went their separate ways outside of the house.

Bethany's mom was asked to take a LD test, due to not reporting her missing for almost a month. But the family seems to be cleared. Her friend says that it was not unusual for her to not respond to messages.

All in all, LE seems to be no nearer to finding her or to making an arrest. It seems that they are looking at RR, but have nothing solid against him. I hope he does not get away with it forever, if he is guilty. Strange and sad case.

This case is also local for me. There has been very little coverage past the early weeks of the investigation. I'm surprised her family was involved in this documentary as they have not spoken out very frequently. I'm not trying to cast her family (about whom I know nothing) in a negative light, but IMO, I think they might have been reticent early on because they hoped Bethany had left of her own accord and didn't want to damage her reputation. Maybe they are simply very private people. This case has the elements, mystery, love triangle, attractive young pregnant woman that newspapers and TV shows usually pick up on. I have no idea why some cases get a lot of exposure while others fade fast. The lack of bank, cell phone, computer activity and the lack of any reports of Bethany seeking medical help make it seem unlikely she left of her own accord. The boyfriend was named as an POI when the search warrants were issued, but that's really the last piece of news LE has released. I would think there would have been a minute by minute investigation of the boyfriend's activities by cell phone and computer activity, any witnesses, etc. starting from the time Bethany left her grandparents, but there's been nothing said in that regard. Her former college roommate who was interviewed certainly seemed to think the husband could not have been involved while painting a picture of the boyfriend as being controlling and threatening.

This case has fascinated me since the beginning. I absolutely think the boyfriend is involved, just not sure it can be proven.

I think Bethany may have gotten the hell out of Dodge before the boyfriend came looking for her -- almost like she knew he might be coming out to the grandparents house to verify she was there -- and may have gone in the other direction back to Ashburn to get what she needed, get a ride from a friend and escape. Where to? Good question. But I know there are organizations that will sometimes help abused women escape. I don't know much about the ex boyfriend -- and whether anything she may have discovered about him would have warranted entry into a witness protection program. I hope I'm right in thinking she may still be alive, because I really don't want to be wrong.

My hinky meter is going off the scale right about now....that is all I will say for now :silenced:

I watched the Disappeared episode on ID last night. The boyfriend does look good for this. If he did something to her, I hope LE gets what they need to put him away.

Why she would jump out of a marriage with a solid guy to one with a control freak abuser is beyond me. She had places to go, a way to get out and she didn't take it. Unless this vanishing act was it.......

I saw this case on disappeared. Isn't murder (usually by the father of the baby) the number 1 cause of death in pregnant women? With that in mind I don't think she is alive and I think the boyfriend is the number 1 suspect with the husband close behind. The boyfriend was controlling and the husband was angry she cheated on him and was pregnant by another man.

I agree. I also watched the episode on Disappeared regarding Bethany. In the beginning, I felt maybe the husband had something to do with her disappearance, especially because she was having an affair and we've all seen cases where the hubby flips and kills the wife for having been unfaithful. However, after watching the episode and researching more, it definitely seems the boyfriend may be the culprit here.

I really really hope Bethany knew how dangerous her BF was and decided to leave on her own, in fear that he'd hurt her and her unborn child. I hope her and her baby are out there living happily.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mutations
Back