Found Deceased VA - Brent Gibson, 26, Roanoke County, 3 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Search continues for missing Vinton man after vehicle found along Blue Ridge Parkway last week | WFXRtv

March 10
The search continues for Brent Gibson, a missing Vinton man who was last seen one week ago.

Those searching for Gibson say his belongings were found inside of the vehicle.

Gibson’s family believes he may be in Roanoke, Vinton, or Bedford County.

Meanwhile, authorities say multiple emergency management agencies around the Roanoke area are assisting in the ongoing missing person search for Gibson.

Bring Brent Home

March 10
The Virginia State Police are sending in a dive team in the morning, and a helicopter will be searching by air.
The search efforts are re-evaluated daily.
We know everyone has questions. So do we. Our biggest hope is we get answers soon. The unknown is the hardest part.

I'm worried about Brent. It strikes me as odd that he left for work during lunch as the admin of the Bring Brent Home group, in a reply to a comment, has said that he usually doesn't leave for lunch and they're not sure why he did on the day he went missing. I wonder what his supervisor(s) and co-workers have to say about any employment issues/happenings recently. Of course, his disappearance could have nothing to do with work, but I'd be asking them questions about his behavior/work performance/demeanor/conversations, etc.

157533073_101738985325416_3932314086230933401_n.jpg

About:
This is the official page set up to bring awareness to missing 26-year-old Brent Gibson whose truck was found abandoned on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Bring Brent Home
@BringBrentHome
1 hr ago

We greatly appreciate the media coverage and interest in Brent’s disappearance, but it’s important for everyone to know that Brent was last seen leaving his place of employment. He was not actually seen at the Roanoke River Overlook. His truck was found abandoned there and spotted later that afternoon, but at this point we have no idea if Brent or someone else drove the vehicle there. This is one of many questions that need to be answered.

ETA flyer-
158560918_101743755324939_6304444199755841361_o.jpg
I normally would not find it unusual to leave work for lunch unless it was something someone would not normally do as in this case, per your post.
I havent found that post yet on his FB but I just started reading thru everything.

I didnt see any comments to sway me one way or another.
i guess theyre trying to say he was going to get married based on pics but didnt and suicide. which is a real stretch because that pic is 2 years old. i didnt see anything on there either, doesnt seem like he has many friends that are on facebook.

‘Tons of red flags popping up’ as family remains hopeful for missing Bedford County man

Emotions spilled over on day seven of the search for Gibson as National Park Service Park Rangers briefed family and friends at sundown that there were no new developments. While tempers flared it ended with a park ranger sharing embraces with two of Gibson’s family members.

10 News asked the National Park Service if the investigation has turned criminal, but a spokeswoman said they had no updates to share. Gibson’s family said they know suicide is a possibility, but their gut says that’s just not right.

Snipped by me, and a general answer. Usually when there's more than one agency involved in a case, they'll get together and agree who's going to take the lead.

Might be the agency with the best resources, the one that can provide space to the investigative team, the one with the best information department to handle press conferences and such, the one with the DA trying to build a reputation, etc. etc. etc. Some areas have mutual aid compacts that specify who does what. Sometimes it's hierarchy--like the state police in some states take precedence over local authorities.

Often it's informal. Usually the other agencies will provide assistance. In a big case there can be a team of 20 or more people with different specialties and skills.

In this case, LE seems convinced he drove the truck there, and went into the water there, so from their point of view it's logical that the park service would be the lead agency.

Thanks, Carbuff! Super informative post. I realize investigators don't lay on the table all their investigative cards, so there's likely information they haven't released. However, it seems odd to me at this point that they continue to focus only on the area where his truck was found. Unless LE has chosen not to share details with family (or family chose not to share with the public), it doesn't appear that they've even checked his work or appealed for cam footage along all possible routes to the Overlook. Besides the truck, I'm not sure what would be so convincing to them that Brent ever made it there. IMO, there are legitimate alternative explanations for his disappearance. It's been over a week now that he's gone missing. Perhaps it's time to consider allocating resources to other possible avenues. JMO

I normally would not find it unusual to leave work for lunch unless it was something someone would not normally do as in this case, per your post.
I havent found that post yet on his FB but I just started reading thru everything.

The statement was a reply to a comment on the Bring Brent Home group, not on his personal FB page. Here's a link directly to the post under which is the reply. TY, @Knox, for pasting it over here.
8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author

Bring Brent Home
he usually doesn’t leave work during lunch and it’s unknown why he left on this day. He was reportedly acting normal earlier that morning. The overlook is about 6 miles from work. We wish we had more information we could give.

FWIW-Admin from Facebook page says Brent was reportedly acting normal the morning he left work.

The statement was a reply to a comment on the Bring Brent Home group, not on his personal FB page. Here's a link directly to the post under which is the reply. TY, @Knox, for pasting it over here.
Thank you so much for replying and sharing the post !!

Ok--so now I am thinking differently knowing he did not normally leave for lunch.
I could see a one-off, leaving to run an errand at lunch time or something I might do once in awhile but to go to the overlook when I normally would not leave the work area makes me think a possible suicide.
I really do not like thinking that but my first thought if it was normal for him to leave, then maybe a quick walk around the overlook, in nature, and had an accident but now I am feeling intentional.
Unless of course there is camera footage from his work place and shows something nefarious happening, like him being forced to go somewhere with someone.
I hope he is found soon !!!

I didn't post it to "sway" anyone, just that there was talk/chatter. Sorry to confuse you. IMO
Oh no... I know you weren't trying to sway anyone.. that is just my wording, thinking out loud.
I am the one doing the confusing comments, trying to figure out the "why and where" info. LOL

‘Tons of red flags popping up’ as family remains hopeful for missing Bedford County man

Emotions spilled over on day seven of the search for Gibson as National Park Service Park Rangers briefed family and friends at sundown that there were no new developments. While tempers flared it ended with a park ranger sharing embraces with two of Gibson’s family members.

10 News asked the National Park Service if the investigation has turned criminal, but a spokeswoman said they had no updates to share. Gibson’s family said they know suicide is a possibility, but their gut says that’s just not right.
The most heartbreaking possibility is one no family wants to consider. It's painful to see them watching the search efforts, hoping for Brent's safe return.

Thanks, Carbuff! Super informative post. I realize investigators don't lay on the table all their investigative cards, so there's likely information they haven't released. However, it seems odd to me at this point that they continue to focus only on the area where his truck was found. Unless LE has chosen not to share details with family (or family chose not to share with the public), it doesn't appear that they've even checked his work or appealed for cam footage along all possible routes to the Overlook. Besides the truck, I'm not sure what would be so convincing to them that Brent ever made it there. IMO, there are legitimate alternative explanations for his disappearance. It's been over a week now that he's gone missing. Perhaps it's time to consider allocating resources to other possible avenues. JMO

Well, one possibility is that he was seen at or near the overlook, and LE/family have chosen not to disclose that.

On the one hand, families do tend to know their loved ones best. On the other hand, very few families want to admit even to themselves that their loved one might have wanted to harm themselves. I don't really see anything to point away from suicide, sadly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat Silva
Back