Found Deceased VA - Brent Gibson, 26, Roanoke County, 3 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sad news, but in a way it's a relief for the family :(

How far was the other body from where Brent was found? What a coincidence that while looking for one person they found a second, or is it? Usually if someone were missing, the media would mention that.

BEDFORD CO., Va. (WFXR) — According to the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, a body was pulled from the lake in the Vinton area of Bedford County on Wednesday.

Sheriff Mike Miller said, “Due to the nature of the call, the scene was turned over to the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources Conservation Police and Law Enforcement Rangers with the National Park Service for further investigation.”

No word on the body’s identification.

WFXR News is working to learn more about the situation.
UPDATE: Body found in Roanoke River Wednesday night confirmed to be Brent Gibson | WFXRtv

Very sad news. :( I have a Son just a couple years younger than Brent and cannot even imagine his parent’s pain. Excruciating. My heart breaks for Brent, his family and all who loved him. My condolences, thoughts and prayers are with them all.

Rest peacefully, Brent.

Sad news, but in a way it's a relief for the family :(

How far was the other body from where Brent was found? What a coincidence that while looking for one person they found a second, or is it? Usually if someone were missing, the media would mention that.

BEDFORD CO., Va. (WFXR) — According to the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office, a body was pulled from the lake in the Vinton area of Bedford County on Wednesday.

Sheriff Mike Miller said, “Due to the nature of the call, the scene was turned over to the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources Conservation Police and Law Enforcement Rangers with the National Park Service for further investigation.”

No word on the body’s identification.

WFXR News is working to learn more about the situation.
UPDATE: Body found in Roanoke River Wednesday night confirmed to be Brent Gibson | WFXRtv

I live in the area and I may be wrong but I think there was only 1 body found and it was Brent's. I think the area he was found in is still technically the Roanoke River but locals usually refer to it as Smith Mountain Lake. From what I can tell, it looks like Brent was found in the river near the Explore Park which is only 1.9 miles or a 4 min drive from the Overlook his truck was found at, obviously longer if you're following the river. I have wondered how LE was so sure he was in the water and the only "guess" I came up with was that the dogs had tracked him to the bridge but not off the bridge. Then, I wondered why if they were so sure he was in the water why they didn't search farther down because the water level was up. There are a lot of places in the river that are small and extremely shallow so I don't think it would have been enough to carry a body but I'm not an expert so. I am still waiting to hear confirmation on where he was found and it would be interesting to see his COD.

I just want to add...it's very touching to see how this affected so many people. My husband and I worked with Brent's dad for years and his uncle drives trucks for the same company. Dave, Brent's dad, is good people! Most of the warehouse followed this case because they either knew Dave or knew someone who did. I guess we all knew how this was going to end but it still sucks. Thanks y'all for starting this thread for Brent!

Family of formerly missing Bedford County man has a powerful message for the community

The family of a Bedford County man is thanking the community on Thursday following two weeks of searching for their missing family member.

Officials said a fisherman saw the body and put the call into Bedford County officials.

ABC13 has learned this was at the south part of the Roanoke River where it merges with Smith Mountain Lake.

On Thursday, the family was too heartbroken to speak on camera.

However, they did tell ABC13 they are at peace knowing where Gibson is, even if it's not the outcome they wanted. They said they feel so much gratitude for the outpouring of support from the community. They recognize so many strangers pitched in to help search for him, or give donations and food. The family also wants to thank all the law enforcement who helped bring Gibson home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee
Back