GUILTY VA - Capt. Kevin Quick, 45, abducted & murdered, Afton, 31 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So very sorry, Twinbabyg, to you and all the people that knew Kevin.

Rest in Peace Captain Quick. Thank you for your service. :tears:
So many murders of police officers lately. :furious:

At least Captain Quick's family can have a proper burial and funeral for him now---so much more than other victims and their families get. :(

So many questions: did the perps know him? Did they know he was a cop? If not, did Captain Quick reveal this to them when they encountered/abducted him? Did they originally intend to murder him, or just rob him of his vehicle?

I guess none of this matters in the end. He's dead and his little girl will now grow up without a father.

At least Captain Quick's family can have a proper burial and funeral for him now---so much more than other victims and their families get. :(

So many questions: did the perps know him? Did they know he was a cop? If not, did Captain Quick reveal this to them when they encountered/abducted him? Did they originally intend to murder him, or just rob him of his vehicle?

I guess none of this matters in the end. He's dead and his little girl will now grow up without a father.

Sounds like random to me. A bunch of thugs out joyriding, probably drugs involved and they just didn't care.

I just heard about this case this morning and feared it would have a tragic ending.

I'm so very saddened for Kevin. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends and colleagues.

I hope these perpetrators get all they have coming to them and more. That's as forum rule-friendly as I can say what I really think.

Rest in Peace, Kevin Quick.

Im so upset. This is just senseless. It just makes no flipping sense.

I'm so angry and so sad right

My guess not one of them talked, saying where his body was. I hope they all get the DP.

How terribly sad. He was out there protecting us and we weren't able to protect him.

:rose:

I have tears in my eyes, though like most of you, I knew this was inevitably coming. :(

So wrong. So cruel. So senseless. Such a waste of life. WHY?

I hope everyone involved is sentenced to death.

RIP, police officer Quick, & thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the comparison is close however look at the top lip of them both. The mug shot one looks a lot fuller. Could it be she was biting down on it in the surveillance shot?

I thought this as well, so I tried to find another photo for comparison. I really thought it was her, but with the continued publication of the surveillance photo I'm still not sure. But the lips do look a lot more similar in this comparison.

Attachments

• shantai.jpg
    shantai.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 85
This is so sad... and senseless.

I don't remember seeing this article posted, apologies if it is a repost. But the description of the Sunday shooting from one of the victims showcases the perp's apathy and violence towards fellow humans - including a two-year old child.

http://www.thecentralvirginian.com/?p=11439

Absolutely devastated. I'm not even sure how to process this. I don't understand why.

Kevin will be greatly missed. I will miss his smile, his laugh, his positive outlook, his zest for life. He was a true southern gentlemen.

You will not find one person who would say one negative thing about him. What his friends on the news say about him is all true. He was one of a kind and will definitely live in my heart forever. His family and our family will never be the same. Thank you all for keeping him close to your hearts. He was an innocent victim who didn't deserve this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1
Back