GUILTY VA - Capt. Kevin Quick, 45, abducted & murdered, Afton, 31 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Absolutely devastated. I'm not even sure how to process this. I don't understand why.

Kevin will be greatly missed. I will miss his smile, his laugh, his positive outlook, his zest for life. He was a true southern gentlemen.

You will not find one person who would say one negative thing about him. What his friends on the news say about him is all true. He was one of a kind and will definitely live in my heart forever. His family and our family will never be the same. Thank you all for keeping him close to your hearts. He was an innocent victim who didn't deserve this.

I am truly saddened by the outcome of this situation, and I feel for Kevin's family and friends, and Kevin had so much more life to live but it was snuffed out.....His life was taken from him, his vehicle taken from him, maybe money and his gun, as I hope we will learn more to come, and justice to prevail. What sick people to think only of themselves, the EVIL lurking in their body and NO soul, to take from somebody and to take a person's life.
It DISGUSTS ME!!!!
IMOO.

I am so tired of good people who bring love and light into the world, being snuffed out. It is my sincere hope that all those responsible are held accountable and punished to the max. The fact that he was loved by one of our own makes it that much harder. Deepest condolences to Twinbabyg and all those who loved and cared about him. May he rest in peace. Godspeed.

This is just so sad. Devastating. 2 girls who were in a car with a guy that ran from the police and ended up a river (in my community) also passed today. He left them there to die. They were resuscitated and in critical condition until they passed yesterday and the other today. They were sisters, 15 and 26. 26 year old had 2 small boys. He is in jail. Sad news in central va today. My heart aches for the family's of the poor souls who had no clue that evil was waiting for them.

Prayers for all the family's. Justice will prevail!!

I don't understand what is happening to our society.
Why are people so heartless and cold blooded, only thinking about what they can take from others. Have they no self respect? Respect, now that's a word. Where the blazes is respect to others and to themselves?
Why so much evil?????
What is happening to our world???
Why?????
IMOO.

There's so much of it so close. We are not safe as a society anymore. The evil is everywhere! People are just crazy and have no respect for human life. It's scary and we are not safe anymore.

I was afraid that this is what the outcome would be, but I'm still so shocked & disgusted-WTH is wrong w/ people, that this stuff happens? Why would teens & young adults go out, & casually snuff out a decent man's life, & destroy his family & friends? Why can't they see the consequences of their actions? RIP Kevin Quick

This is just so sad. Devastating. 2 girls who were in a car with a guy that ran from the police and ended up a river (in my community) also passed today. He left them there to die. They were resuscitated and in critical condition until they passed yesterday and the other today. They were sisters, 15 and 26. 26 year old had 2 small boys. He is in jail. Sad news in central va today. My heart aches for the family's of the poor souls who had no clue that evil was waiting for them.

Prayers for all the family's. Justice will prevail!!

I'm sorry for your community's loss as well. You're correct, justice will prevail. Big hugs from a fellow Virginian.

RIP Officer Quick

(((((Twinbabyg))))) wrapping you in warm, soft hugs. I am just numb and beyond sad.

I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP SIR from a fellow Virginian.

I am all for people maintaining an internal moral compass, which is why I'm so confused by this-how could anyone think that this was acceptable to do? Who raised them? (& what are they thinking now?)- their actions have effectively ended their lives (talking about the perps)as well (even if it's not as violent as they treated their victim), could they really not see what the outcome would be? They were bound to get caught (going to an ATM on CCTV), just a bunch of stupid kids, with a tragic ending. No sympathy from me, I hope they hang (metaphorically, I think VA's capital punishment is lethal injection). Yeah, it's harsh, but there are some things you can't undo.

Just logged on and saw the news.... sad, sad day ;(

RIP Kevin Quick. Sending prayers and love to all of your friends, family and fellow officers.

Totally senseless, cold hearted crime.

Thank you VA law enforcement for all of your hard work and dedication. It has been a rough and sad day in Virginia today.

This story reminds me of the Robert Lee Hourihan case. Some of the similarities:
- Quick's body was found near Columbia, where Hourihan was from and in the same general area of where Hourihan was last seen
- Both are white men with families and no criminal history (that I know of)
- Both men's cars were abandoned

Granted, there are a lot of differences too. Quick is 12 years older than Hourihan was when he disappeared, Hourihan's car was found in Maryland and never associated with any crime, and nobody has been charged in Hourihan's disappearance. And one of the suspects in the Quick case would only have been 15-16 when Hourihan disappeared.

So, they're likely not connected, but I'm hoping this tragedy could lead to answers in other cases.

Oh no, my condolences to Twinbabyg and all of Kevin's friends and family. I'm so sorry. This is so senseless and infuriating. The fact that it happened to a trained police officer is very frightening. I'm sure he was packing, most police officers carry their firearm at all times. At least the ones I know do.

So we know Kevin was supposed on his way to his sick baby girl and we know the suspects lived 2 miles from the babys mother.

I suspected something happened to him as he was getting something for her from the store.

<respectfully snipped for clarity>
"Quick&#8217;s father, Ron, the former chief of Waynesboro&#8217;s police reserve unit, died in May. Friends said Quick moved back home to support his mother."

:tears:

Hopefully his mother has a good support system. I would imagine so with Mr. Quick's background in Law Enforcement, that they will take care of their own.

Wow I was looking though the news and see this

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...eved-missing-police-captain-article-1.1604979

The car was found at a home in Mineral on Monday.

bbm I live like 10 miles from there.

The local paper.

http://www.thecentralvirginian.com/?p=11431

The vehicle was found at the home of Frank Houchens on Cedar Hill Road in Mineral on Monday morning, Feb. 3. VSP confirmed that the 4Runner was used in the Mica Road attempted robbery and shooting on Sunday, Feb. 2.

There are some in the area that one must keep a watchful eye on.

This really breaks my heart,to think Kevin Quick had to endure this kind of evil.I am happy to say VA has the death penalty.I hope these thugs pay to the max.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1
Back