GUILTY VA - Capt. Kevin Quick, 45, abducted & murdered, Afton, 31 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is so sad... and senseless.

I don't remember seeing this article posted, apologies if it is a repost. But the description of the Sunday shooting from one of the victims showcases the perp's apathy and violence towards fellow humans - including a two-year old child.

http://www.thecentralvirginian.com/?p=11439

From this link: (snipped by me)

"EC of Mineral was planning to enjoy a quiet Super Bowl evening at home with his family on Sunday, Feb. 2, but ended up having to fight for he and his family’s life." ---"But it really got scary for the family when the gunman threatened EC’s two-year-old son, when he pointed the gun toward the dining room area where the child was quietly playing with his toys." --- “Is your son’s life worth this money?"

"...Then the gunman attempted to get EC to leave the house with him. EC believes that the man may have wanted to drive him to an ATM machine to withdraw money." (Thank goodness this didn't happen, omg, he probably would have been killed too!!)

Sounds like random to me. A bunch of thugs out joyriding, probably drugs involved and they just didn't care.
So, if this is the case, they would have done this to anyone-you, me...Which brings to mind, if they didn't know he was a police officer at the time, I'm sure they really know now if you know what I mean! (A scary thought just hit me. :( No use in posting it here. No reason for anyone else to read it and be scared / have bad thoughts, if that's not even the case).

O/T: I wonder what the latest developments are in Tim Bosma's case. I'm reminded of him here. Hope his family is holding up okay. :( He had a little baby...TB was murdered for his truck, as I understand it. He had an ad for his truck for sale on craigslist, he was last seen taking some interested customers on a test drive. :(

I can't imagine calling up my siblings and getting them to go on a crime spree with me. They'd have me put in a psych ward ASAP! Just SMH!
I know, the whole sibling thing blows my mind...What kind of family is this?! !

Last night I learned about a case out of Jacksonville Beach where a 17 year old brutally murdered his neighbor while she was sleeping, stabbing her 101 times. Turns out, his older brother was serving time for an almost identical crime!! (See Investigation Discovery- "Solved", Episode: "The Rivalry").

Search Warrants Released

In case anyone hadn't seen them I've attached them below.

View attachment 40849

Thanks for posting that. By the times given in the search warrant it looks like they abducted him then drove to Fork Union. I think he would have had to be alive at that point but why not go to an ATM right in their area.

It also says 2 male suspects. So I wonder if there really is another guy out there?

Yeah here is NBC29's facebook blurb

According to NBC12, three suspects have been arrested and are charged with murdering Waynesboro Police Reserve Captain Kevin Quick.

NBC12 reports that Halisi Uhuru, Leslie Hope Casterlow and Anthony Darnell Stokes are charged with capital murder, according to arrest warrants filed in Goochland.

This is a developing story, we will bring you more details as they become available.

https://www.facebook.com/NBC29

Three arrested for capital murder, and they are not the ones already charged with Grand Theft Auto.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/24662663/3-suspects-charged-with-murdering-kevin-quick-in-goochland

"Halisi Uhuru, Leslie Hope Casterlow and Anthony Darnell Stokes are charged with capital murder in the death of Quick, according to arrest warrants filed in Goochland. The arrest warrants say the three murdered Quick during an abduction between Monday and Wednesday."

BBM: he disappeared on Friday.... are they thinking he was alive for several days? I sincerely hope that is a typo on the days.

Okay, so the initial 3 perps (the siblings) are simply charged with the party issue (pistol whipping, etc) and maybe using Quick's credit card? They have nothing to do with the murder or abduction?

Okay, so the initial 3 perps (the siblings) are simply charged with the party issue (pistol whipping, etc) and maybe using Quick's credit card? They have nothing to do with the murder or abduction?

One of them had his car I think....don't know how he got it.

Three arrested for capital murder, and they are not the ones already charged with Grand Theft Auto.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/24662663/3-suspects-charged-with-murdering-kevin-quick-in-goochland

"Halisi Uhuru, Leslie Hope Casterlow and Anthony Darnell Stokes are charged with capital murder in the death of Quick, according to arrest warrants filed in Goochland. The arrest warrants say the three murdered Quick during an abduction between Monday and Wednesday."

BBM: he disappeared on Friday.... are they thinking he was alive for several days? I sincerely hope that is a typo on the days.

SIX people? He was alive for at least THREE days after his disappearance? What in the word went on in this case?

I never expected KQ to be found alive, despite holding out whatever hope I could muster. But I really thought this was going to turn out to be a fairly random and "routine" (for lack of a better term) robbery/carjacking gone wrong (or robbery/carjacking in which the perps had zero regard for human life and were willing to take a human life if it made the whole thing easier for them). The fact that suspects were so quickly apprehending and that the body was found relatively quickly seemed to further support my theory. Turns out that this case may be another strange one after all. With the new details, I feel even sicker about this whole case and fear for what we might find out happened to poor KQ. :(

One of them had his car I think....don't know how he got it.

Yeah Mathis had his car at the super bowl party.

I am just in shock. Im quite naive but I hate to think there are this many evil people around.

Annnnnnd there still isnt someone who looks like the ATM guy.

I think ATM guy, is the lady in the pics of the new 3 perps.

This looks to be all about drugs and money.

So senseless and sad.

From Slaybaugh's Facebook (he's a reporter in the area)

NEW INFORMATION: The Goochland County Commonwealth's Attorney tells me none of the 3 arrests from this morning are the ones who are directly responsible for killing Capt. Quick. They are charged with Capital Murder because they were a Principal in the 2nd Degree. This means none of them (right now) are accused of being the actual shooter, however it means they are charged with sharing the same intent as the gunman. Right now we don't know who may be the gunman. I know these legal terms are very confusing but I hope this helps. SHARE THIS TO HELP OTHERS UNDERSTAND

I saw that on Parker's page just now and thought it was interesting that he said shooter.

WHOAH! So this must be what they mean when they say "more arrests coming"! They still haven't arrested the gunman! :scared:

Round them all up, take them to trial, then clear them all off of this planet, VA LE. They don't deserve to breathe the same air as the decent people of this world.

I also saw the sentence about Captain Quick being killed between Monday & Wednesday of this week. What happened to him between his disappearance on Friday & the time of his death? I shudder to think of it...

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have No words except how disgusting and vile this is that there is this much EVIL and more people arrested. How pathetic and sad!!!!!!!!!!
I hope Justice is Swift and (to use your last name Kevin)...QUICK!!!!!!!!!
IMOO.

In my mind Kevin Quick is a hero that sacrificed his life in "the line of duty". So far 6 criminals have been rounded up and charged and it looks like there may be more arrests. Getting these thugs off the street is paramount and Kevin, unfortunately through his sacrifice, has helped make Northern Virginia safer.

I hope that since this investigation seems so widespread, more thugs will be rounded up and charged. It doesn't matter how peripheral they are to the murder of Captain Quick, they need to go down. Kevin made the ultimate sacrifice for the greater good. That is a HERO in my book. JMV

Totally honest, I live in Manassas and Zuri, you're right -- he was killed in the line of duty; he died protecting others from this scum. It's scary to think two of the six people capable of such disgusting violence toward someone else live in the same small city I do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1
Back