GUILTY VA - Capt. Kevin Quick, 45, abducted & murdered, Afton, 31 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Quick+casket+leaves+JPJ.jpg

Wilhelm honored Quick by posthumously awarding him the Distinguished Service Medal, which he presented to the officer's mother. Dispatchers also aired Quick's ceremonial final radio call.

"PR11, Capt. Kevin Wayne Quick, end of watch, February 17, 2014. Rest in peace, sir."

Quick's neice, Allison, recited a poem she wrote for her uncle.

"Love is kind words. Love is helping someone up. Love is always keeping Kevin's memory alive. Love is in the air," she read.

The police departments represented at the service include Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Arlington, Lake Monticello, Petersburg, Fredericksburg and West Virginia State Police.

"No matter what he had going on with his life, he always had a smile on his face and kind words in his heart," Wilhelm said.

A number of officers in attendance saluted Quick's hearse as it left the arena.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Memorial-for-Captain-Kevin-Wayne-Quick-245587661.html

I think Captain Quick's case is going to be the impetus for busting up a large, if possibly informal, group of criminals in Louisa, Goochland and Fluvanna counties. I think someone mentioned Robert Hourihan early in this thread; his address of Columbia VA is only a few miles from Bremo Bluff where Daniel Mathias and Shantai Shelton are listed on warrants as living, and about the same distance from where Captain Quick's body was found.

It probably will be. Typically, police officer trials are stalled and dragged at for a very long time. Trials in general are long, but when it is a police officer some are even longer. I hope for his families sake that part of the pain can be put to bed sooner than later. A trial is horrible. My dad and other friends and family have been through many with fellow fallen officers and they are so difficult.

Feb. 19, 2014

Virginia State Police continue their investigation into the death of Waynesboro Police Reserve Captain Kevin Wayne Quick.

Investigators say they're treating the case as a homicide investigation, and that the cause of Capt. Quick's death is not yet being released.

“The criminal investigation remains ongoing at this time in conjunction with various state, local and federal agencies, to include the U.S Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Virginia,” said Corinne N. Geller, Va. State Police public relations director.

Quick was found dead in Goochland County on February 6th.

At least six people are in custody in connection with the case.

Authorities say additional charges are possible.
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Homicide-Investigation-Continues-in-Death-of-Capt-Kevin-Wayne-Quick-246165561.html

Siblings in Quick Case Appear in Court
Posted: Mar 18, 2014 12:34 PM EDT
Updated: Mar 18, 2014 2:52 PM EDT
By WRIC Newsroom - email

On Tuesday morning, three Albemarle County siblings, two of whom are tied to the death investigation of Waynesboro reserve police captain Kevin Quick, appeared in court.

snip

Shelton Sisters Arraigned on New Charges
snip

Four other suspects charged in connection with Quick's death and disappearance, Leslie Casterlow, Anthony Stokes Jr., Halisi Uhuru (also known as Girt Wright) and Anthony White, are expected to appear in court in Goochland County on Monday, May 19 on charges of felony gang participation.

http://www.wric.com/story/25006483/siblings-in-quick-case-to-appear-in-court

I'm sure there's reason but I hate that all of these charges are being dropped.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/newsvi...cle_2fffe2d4-aefd-11e3-ab1a-001a4bcf6878.html

“These are legal maneuvers,” Waynesboro Police Sgt. Brian Edwards explained. “These charges may have just been used to get these individuals into custody. This makes me believe there are bigger charges coming later. They probably don’t want to put down any evidence to give away what they have so far in the [Kevin Quick] investigation.”

My understanding of nolle pros is the charges can be brought back or re charged. JMO

Its just insane that yet another person was involved in this murder.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 1m
BREAKING: Announcement of major development in murder investigation of Waynesboro Reserve Police Capt. Kevin Quick set for today at 1:30pm

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 2m
CONT: US Atty., Louisa Commonwealth Atty., FBI, VSP, Waynesboro PD to be at press conference in #KevinQuick case.

Oh I so hope they have made an arrest in his murder. The family needs justice. :praying:

WCAV CBS19 ‏@CBS19 1m
BREAKING: Federal murder charge filed in #KevinQuick case. More on CBS19 News at Noon
Expand

BREAKING AND FIRST ON 8: Daniel Mathis, Mersadies Shelton, Shantai Shelton, Travis Bell all charged in federal court with the murder of Captain Kevin Quick.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 2m
UPDATE: Teresa Mays, who was last seen Wednesday in Staunton, has been located by the Augusta Sheriff's Office http://ht.ly/wVwPv

Per WCAV news... Capt Quick was murdered by gang members to cover up a carjacking.

Two of the 3 charged could face the DP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter
Back