GUILTY VA - Capt. Kevin Quick, 45, abducted & murdered, Afton, 31 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now before I forget, how the heck was Gert Wright able to get a new name while still in prison? And how did he pick Halisi Uhuru as a name? Was it part of a witness protection thing since he is in a gang? Strange!

One of the articles above about neighbors reacting to the charges, I couldn't quote the whole article. It stated that Stokes' brother lived in the neighborhood of Wright/Uhuru but didn't know him. States he was disappointed in his brother has he only recently got out of prison, but he hasn't spoke with his brother in awhile.

The Virginia State Police are leading the investigation into Quick’s disappearance, with the assistance of the Office of the Goochland County Commonwealth’s Attorney, Nelson County Sheriff’s Office, Louisa County Sheriff’s Office, Albemarle County Police Department, Charlottesville Police Department, Waynesboro Police Department, Prince William County Police Department, Alexandria Police Department, FBI, Office of the Louisa County Commonwealth’s Attorney and Office of the Albemarle County Commonwealth’s Attorney.
http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/Quicks-Case-Now-A-Death-Investigation-244383051.html

Kudos and huge shout out and thanks to all the depts investigating this crime, and getting these gang members in jail!

Now before I forget, how the heck was Gert Wright able to get a new name while still in prison? And how did he pick Halisi Uhuru as a name? Was it part of a witness protection thing since he is in a gang? Strange!

One of the articles above about neighbors reacting to the charges, I couldn't quote the whole article. It stated that Stokes' brother lived in the neighborhood of Wright/Uhuru but didn't know him. States he was disappointed in his brother has he only recently got out of prison, but he hasn't spoke with his brother in awhile.

Yeah, I asked this a page ago - or at least if our tax dollars paid for this. I think if it was a witness protection thing it wouldn't be shown publicly in the "court systems".

I'd also like to know why Waynesboro just let him go when he was a teenager.

Watch the video!!! Much more information!! Shantai Shelton faces petity larceny charges in Louisa, as well in Florida where she use to live. Prostitution charges in Las Vegas, that was dismissed. (subpoena papers posted in video state 10-5-13) In the new charges stemming from poisoning a 74yr old man she lived with for 2 weeks while acting as his caregiver, she is accused of putting prescriptions meds meant to treat altzheimer's/bipolar disorders/schizophrenia into his milk. Knocked him out for 12hrs and when he awoke, he called police. She then stole his credit cards and two guns. She was seen on a Bank of America in Louisa, ATM video with a mask, and gloves using the cards. It took months to arrest her, though she was their Primary suspect in that case, because they were awaiting toxicology reports to see what she had given him.

She's lived in numerous places. With her mother in Fluvanna, as well as with her sister in Albermarle County.

Addresses were on the subpoena, but I'm not sure if I can post them...
http://wtvr.com/2014/02/11/captain-quick-investigation/

I think there might be a way for a name change in relation to religious issues - if he converted to another religion (e.g. Islam), he might be entitled to a name change in order to reflect that. "Halisi Uhuru" seems to fit such a "representative" reason.
Speculation, though, based on me believing to have read about a similar case before, where a criminal converted to Islam while in jail and changed his name to an Arabic sounding one.

Clearly these are some very scary people. :(

I thought the name change was odd too. Does that mean something? You could be onto something with the witness protection thing but obviously he didnt follow through on his part.

Clearly these are some very scary people. :(

I agree. I am quite naive but when the youngest siblings pic was shown I thought she probably just got mixed up in a wrong place, wrong time thing. And now I see shes prostituted, poisened, robbed etc. It makes you really wonder about the people around you.

Vile disgusting people that want to take from others, including poisoning a 74 year old man with alzheimers medications........How DISGUSTING piece of work of a person that is to do that!!!
How SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, this case gets more Disgusting and terrorizing and pitiful.
Pathetic!!!!!!
Yes, Kevin you are a HERO, even in death to get these VILE people OFF THE STREETS!!!!
God Bless you Kevin in Heaven!!!!!!
IMOO.

I think there might be a way for a name change in relation to religious issues - if he converted to another religion (e.g. Islam), he might be entitled to a name change in order to reflect that. "Halisi Uhuru" seems to fit such a "representative" reason.
Speculation, though, based on me believing to have read about a similar case before, where a criminal converted to Islam while in jail and changed his name to an Arabic sounding one.

On our TAX dollars? Call me cold but I think 3 meals a day and protection from the elements (and each other) is more than enough.

I am CONVINCED it was Shantai in the ATM picture related to this case !

I really thought so, too. I've wavered a lot about it, especially after the media seemed to keep insinuating it was a yet unknown person. But I keep going back to that in my head. And I don't think any of the other arrestees resemble the atm pictures, so for me it is either Shantai or someone still on the lam.

I posted this before, but I'll add the comparison pic again, just as a bump.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392273668.448570.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Quick case timeline
January 31
10:15pm: Quick leaves his mother’s home in Afton.
10:52pm: Quick’s phone is turned off. Quick’s 1999 Toyota 4Runner is captured in surveillance footage in Fork Union.
February 1
Photographs place Quick’s vehicle in Manassas.
February 2
Quick’s vehicle is in use on Sunday night in Charlottesville and Louisa County, according to state police.
A Mineral resident reports a violent robbery and shooting at a Super Bowl party.
February 3
Police recover Quick’s abandoned vehicle in Louisa County.
February 4
Police arrest three Albemarle County siblings in an Alexandria hotel. Two are charged with grand larceny. Daniel Mathis is also arrested on charges relating to the February 2 robbery and shooting.
February 6
Remains later confirmed to be Quick’s are discovered by searchers in Goochland County near the Fluvanna County line.
Police make three additional arrests of Halisi Uhuru, Leslie Hope Casterlow, and Anthony D. Stokes. All are charged with being accessories to capital murder and gang participation.
February 9
Anthony L. White is arrested in Louisa County and charged with one felony count of gang participation.
February 10
Accessory to murder charges against Uhuru, Casterlow, and Stokes are dropped.
February 11
Mersadies Shelton is charged with principle in the-second-degree to malicious wounding and principle in the second to use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

http://www.c-ville.com/who-killed-kevin-quick/#.UvysH7R9Bsk

I haven't been able to keep up as I would like. How did the officer get involved with these people? Did they hijack his car and murder him or how did it happen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They haven't said what happened yet.

I think Captain Quick's case is going to be the impetus for busting up a large, if possibly informal, group of criminals in Louisa, Goochland and Fluvanna counties. I think someone mentioned Robert Hourihan early in this thread; his address of Columbia VA is only a few miles from Bremo Bluff where Daniel Mathias and Shantai Shelton are listed on warrants as living, and about the same distance from where Captain Quick's body was found.

Parker said it was one of the most emotional coverages that he's done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back