Identified! VA - Carroll Co., WhtMale, 4-7, UP99035, Winnie The Pooh Blanket, Sep'22 *Logan Nathaniel Bowman*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now that Logan’s body has been found can his mother and her BF be charged with murder?
I am glad you have been found Logan

This was definitely best case scenario for this situation. The victim recieved justice soon after his death. His loved ones knew he was deceased, and now he gets to come home.

I imagine it didn't help. The difference between five years PMI and almost twenty is pretty big.
I definitely agree with that. That is one thing that bothers me about using PMI in rule outs, there can be errors, it should be required to have a more definitive (DNA, dental, etc) requirement to be on a rule out list.

Can you imagine how the father feels? Knowing they found a body, having hope it’s your son, being told no it isn’t, then a year later being told “oh yeah that is your son”.

I definitely agree with that. That is one thing that bothers me about using PMI in rule outs, there can be errors, it should be required to have a more definitive (DNA, dental, etc) requirement to be on a rule out list.

Can you imagine how the father feels? Knowing they found a body, having hope it’s your son, being told no it isn’t, then a year later being told “oh yeah that is your son”.
This reminds me of the case of Sharon Lee Gallegos AKA Little Miss Nobody. Her family thought she was LMN back when her body was found in 1960, but police said no. At least Logan's father didn't have to wait 62 years like Gallegos' family did.

Local news
[...]
"With the help of Othram, Inc., a private company based in Texas that specializes in Forensic-Grade Genome Sequencing and Forensic Genetic Genealogy, the sheriff’s office was able to identify the remains as Logan Bowman, a five-year-old boy who went missing in Grayson County in January 2003.

Authorities said Logan’s biological mother Cynthia Davis and her then-boyfriend, Dennis Schermerhorn were charged in 2003 by Grayson County in connection with the disappearance of Logan.

According to the sheriff’s office, this is still an ongoing investigation with new charges anticipated."

Local news ...
Wonder why the secret service and border patrol are involved.

[...]
The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank the following company, agencies and departments for their assistance in this case.

Othram Inc.., Grayson County Sheriff’s Office-Virginia, Virginia State Police, Galax Police Department, Virginia Medical Examiner’s Office, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NEMEC), Team Adam, National Missing and Unidentified Persons System - NamUs, United States Secret Service, Virginia Probation and Parole and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Local news ...
Wonder why the secret service and border patrol are involved.

[...]
The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank the following company, agencies and departments for their assistance in this case.

Othram Inc.., Grayson County Sheriff’s Office-Virginia, Virginia State Police, Galax Police Department, Virginia Medical Examiner’s Office, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NEMEC), Team Adam, National Missing and Unidentified Persons System - NamUs, United States Secret Service, Virginia Probation and Parole and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Secret Service works with NCMEC….but clueless on the customs part.

Even though his 'mom' and her BF were both convicted, they're both likely out of prison now. BF most definitely is, he was only found guilty of neglect and sentenced to a year. Egg donor plead guilty and was sentenced to 15 years. This all happened in 2003, so she should be out by now too.

I'm glad they were able to convict them both without a body, but DANG I wish there was enough evidence back then to lock them both up forever. I understand that double jeopardy laws are in place for a reason, but I really wish exceptions could be made if they end up finding the body if it hadn't been found during the first trial/sentencing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back