VA VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sister of Cory told e-reporter (finally got her name - Rhoda young reporting live) that the police told her the mother was at headquarters answering questions on Monday evening but police have decided she is not a suspect and she was "released" (allowed to leave and did so). Sis says police told her that mom is not a POI.

Keep talking sis. ;)

from the presser I am watching
Q: Do you still have hope that you will find Codi?
A: with each day that passes we become more and more concerned and we lose a little bit more hope and obviously the longer we go the more tragic this feels

Q: (couldn't hear the exact locations she was asking about but asked about specific search locations and what prompted those searches at those locations)
A: yes, where we search we have a REASON to search.

Q: is there any evidence that you've found that child protective services has intervened in the Codi Bigsby family?
A: it would be inappropriate for me to answer that question

Q: (long rambling question about why only 50 citizen volunteers are being used when so many more have offered, is this going to be your practice, etc.)
A: We encourage the public's participation. we had a tremendous amount of and we continue to get a tremendous amount of support from the public. We ask for a specific number of citizens to help us on a particular day. We didn't want to over extend our resources beyond what we could handle. The public is always welcome to go out check their yards, trash cans, areas they know.

Q: Is Cory continuing to cooperate
A: He is in a jail cell right now.

Q: Why was his lawyer denied access to him yesterday? (paraphrased)
A: Mr. Bigsby is a 43 year old man who has had a full career in the Army, he retired from a position of authority. He seems to be quite intelligent, he seems to be quite capable, and part of his capabilities seems to be understanding his rights. At no time did he request to see an attorney. Had he made such a request we would have honored that request.

Q: Do you know did the kids have a regular babysitter? Who were they in contact with? Where are the other kids now?
A: We are not aware of a babysitter.

Q: Where are the other children? (same reporter as last question)
A: They are safe, and thriving

Q: A few days ago you said abduction is not what the evidence is pointing to. And (indecipherable) pointing to violent act, is there a chance he was handed off to a family member and if so would you put that under the umbrella of abduction?
A: There is no evidence that he was handed off to a family member. I will say, I've known a few four year olds in my life, I don't know any, who decide, at any hour of the morning, when it's dark, to leave their home. I don't know any. I don't believe that that is what happened this time either.

Q: (whoever this alleged reporter is that is now talking I cannot for the life of me understand what she is asking but from the look on the chief's face while she is posing it he finds it offensive. Is this a reporter or a relative of Cory asking this one?? I keep replaying and replaying and cannot understand her - same one who asked about a lawyer not being granted access to Cory) Allegedly, they said he was not here, y'all said he was here voluntarily. It's alleged that (a bunch more undecipherable stuff) was he here voluntarily or was he in custody?
A: (long pause with look of disgust) next question [personal note, I love this chief]

Q: (same person - something disrespectful from the look on chiefs face) I think I answered, I'll repeat my response - (repeats almost verbatim the answer to question about lawyer above. during which this person continues to interrupt and speak over him. I swear is this the aunt??? Who is this person being super confrontational during the presser??) I am going to continue with my answer (his patience is thinning)

Q: we have his family here, can we hear from his family? (another rabble rouser? And now I believe that may actually be the sister of Cory Bigsby who keeps interrupting the presser :eek:)

Q: would the charges of neglect have come about had Codi not gone missing? (is the implication that Cory is somehow being persecuted? this thing has gone off the rails MOO)
A: I cannot answer that question - that would be speculation

Q: Do you have a reason to believe he is still alive?
A: each day it becomes harder and harder to believe that Codi Bigsby is alive and well

Q: Can you say when the last time the mother spoke to Codi Bigsby?
A: No I cannot say,
Q: do you know when the last time . . .
A: I do not know
Q: Has she been asked that question?
A: It would be inappropriate for me to answer that question (this whole things with unnamed mother is really confusing, why all this secrecy, is she not mentally competent, a victim of something herself? wish I understood)

Q: (paraphrased) on the morning Codi was reported missing is this a situation where he had left the children alone and then returned home to find Codi missing or can you not talk about it?
A: I'm not going to comment on that

Q: (yet another question about less educated people feeling some type of way about the fact that it appears his family tried to hire an attorney and send him in to interrupt the questioning and tell Cory to shut up and that attorney was not granted access because the grown retired long careered person of authority never asked for one) [this is all heavily paraphrased which is why it's in parens]
A: (Chief is visibly irritated at this point) Mr. - Sir - I am here for a 4 year old child His father was made aware of his rights. His father was absolutely made aware of his rights. We will continue to do everything possible to find his son, his child, that is permissible and appropriate. We have never taken a step that is impermissible or inappropriate.

Q: A few days ago in a press conference you said that do not believe that Codi went missing at the 200am time as reported. can you say with confidence now that the case?
A: What I said was, the evidence we have didn't matchup with what we were being told in a number of cases, so we simply need to investigate more to determine when exactly he went missing.

Q: (the person who is confrontational again) Chief, just for the record, we all are here for the child, but we are also here to make sure y'all are upholding the law (becomes unintelligible) so we all (unintelligible) required to have a fair trial. He is supposed to be innocent til proven guilty - not guilty.

I can't try to transcribe this baloney any ore. I am getting heated. Chief and community seems to be here for Codi, certain others, notsomuch, more about poor persecuted Cory - Blech

Jeepers I hope the confrontational lady has a podcast!!!! I need a voice over narration of her thoughts!!! Look at what she said out loud. Imagine what was in her head!!!

Jeepers I hope the confrontational lady has a podcast!!!! I need a voice over narration of her thoughts!!! Look at what she said out loud. Imagine what was in her head!!!
based on E-reporter Rhoda Young's interviews with Cory Bigsby's sister (who hired the attorney who wasn't allowed access because Corey didn't request one and it's not up to his sister to make decisions for that grown man) I think it was Rhoda Young who was asking those very confrontational questions. She seems to be working hard to stay in the good graces of Cory's sister and appears to be taking a very "lets stir the pot" approach to her story at this point. I have no idea if she does podcasts but I am sure her footage will feature plenty more from the vocal Aunt of Codi.

sister of Cory told e-reporter (finally got her name - Rhoda young reporting live) that the police told her the mother was at headquarters answering questions on Monday evening but police have decided she is not a suspect and she was "released" (allowed to leave and did so). Sis says police told her that mom is not a POI.

Keep talking sis. ;)
I don't believe that she is his sister. She is not even a real reporter. she is a real estate agent in the area who runs around collecting stories. Her approach is less than conventional. to say the VERY least. I was actually very surprised we were able to reference her in here yesterday as she is not MSM.

I don't believe that she is his sister. She is not even a real reporter. she is a real estate agent in the area who runs around collecting stories. Her approach is less than conventional. to say the VERY least. I was actually very surprised we were able to reference her in here yesterday as she is not MSM.
Disregard my post above. I read your post wrong. Thought you were referring to the lady in the presser that kept interrupting the chief. That was the e-reporter. Not his sister. But I see you mentioned that above.

from the presser I am watching
Q: Do you still have hope that you will find Codi?
A: with each day that passes we become more and more concerned and we lose a little bit more hope and obviously the longer we go the more tragic this feels

Q: (couldn't hear the exact locations she was asking about but asked about specific search locations and what prompted those searches at those locations)

Q: is there any evidence that you've found that child protective services has intervened in the Codi Bigsby family?
A: it would be inappropriate for me to answer that question

Q: (long rambling question about why only 50 citizen volunteers are being used when so many more have offered, is this going to be your practice, etc.)
A: We encourage the public's participation. we had a tremendous amount of and we continue to get a tremendous amount of support from the public. We ask for a specific number of citizens to help us on a particular day. We didn't want to over extend our resources beyond what we could handle. The public is always welcome to go out check their yards, trash cans, areas they know.

Q: Is Cory continuing to cooperate
A: He is in a jail cell right now.

Q: Why was his lawyer denied access to him yesterday? (paraphrased)
A: Mr. Bigsby is a 43 year old man who has had a full career in the Army, he retired from a position of authority. He seems to be quite intelligent, he seems to be quite capable, and part of his capabilities seems to be understanding his rights. At no time did he request to see an attorney. Had he made such a request we would have honored that request.

Q: Do you know did the kids have a regular babysitter? Who were they in contact with? Where are the other kids now?
A: We are not aware of a babysitter.

Q: Where are the other children? (same reporter as last question)
A: They are safe, and thriving

Q: A few days ago you said abduction is not what the evidence is pointing to. And (indecipherable) pointing to violent act, is there a chance he was handed off to a family member and if so would you put that under the umbrella of abduction?
A: There is no evidence that he was handed off to a family member. I will say, I've known a few four year olds in my life, I don't know any, who decide, at any hour of the morning, when it's dark, to leave their home. I don't know any. I don't believe that that is what happened this time either.

Q: (whoever this alleged reporter is that is now talking I cannot for the life of me understand what she is asking but from the look on the chief's face while she is posing it he finds it offensive. Is this a reporter or a relative of Cory asking this one?? I keep replaying and replaying and cannot understand her - same one who asked about a lawyer not being granted access to Cory) Allegedly, they said he was not here, y'all said he was here voluntarily. It's alleged that (a bunch more undecipherable stuff) was he here voluntarily or was he in custody?
A: (long pause with look of disgust) next question [personal note, I love this chief]

Q: (same person - something disrespectful from the look on chiefs face) I think I answered, I'll repeat my response - (repeats almost verbatim the answer to question about lawyer above. during which this person continues to interrupt and speak over him. I swear is this the aunt??? Who is this person being super confrontational during the presser??) I am going to continue with my answer (his patience is thinning)

Q: we have his family here, can we hear from his family? (another rabble rouser? And now I believe that may actually be the sister of Cory Bigsby who keeps interrupting the presser :eek:)

Q: would the charges of neglect have come about had Codi not gone missing? (is the implication that Cory is somehow being persecuted? this thing has gone off the rails MOO)
A: I cannot answer that question - that would be speculation

Q: Do you have a reason to believe he is still alive?
A: each day it becomes harder and harder to believe that Codi Bigsby is alive and well

Q: Can you say when the last time the mother spoke to Codi Bigsby?
A: No I cannot say,
Q: do you know when the last time . . .
A: I do not know
Q: Has she been asked that question?
A: It would be inappropriate for me to answer that question (this whole things with unnamed mother is really confusing, why all this secrecy, is she not mentally competent, a victim of something herself? wish I understood)

Q: (paraphrased) on the morning Codi was reported missing is this a situation where he had left the children alone and then returned home to find Codi missing or can you not talk about it?
A: I'm not going to comment on that

Q: (yet another question about less educated people feeling some type of way about the fact that it appears his family tried to hire an attorney and send him in to interrupt the questioning and tell Cory to shut up and that attorney was not granted access because the grown retired long careered person of authority never asked for one) [this is all heavily paraphrased which is why it's in parens]
A: (Chief is visibly irritated at this point) Mr. - Sir - I am here for a 4 year old child His father was made aware of his rights. His father was absolutely made aware of his rights. We will continue to do everything possible to find his son, his child, that is permissible and appropriate. We have never taken a step that is impermissible or inappropriate.

Q: A few days ago in a press conference you said that do not believe that Codi went missing at the 200am time as reported. can you say with confidence now that the case?
A: What I said was, the evidence we have didn't matchup with what we were being told in a number of cases, so we simply need to investigate more to determine when exactly he went missing.

Q: (the person who is confrontational again) Chief, just for the record, we all are here for the child, but we are also here to make sure y'all are upholding the law (becomes unintelligible) so we all (unintelligible) required to have a fair trial. He is supposed to be innocent til proven guilty - not guilty.

I can't try to transcribe this baloney any ore. I am getting heated. Chief and community seems to be here for Codi, certain others, notsomuch, more about poor persecuted Cory - Blech

Cut from above post

Rhoda, a local media person ask about a search at Harris Tetter and Starbucks. The COP confirmed they were visited.

Moo...

7 charges.
4 kids the first time
Only 3 the second.
Codi was gone by Jan 25
It’s the other way around. The December charge was 3 children and the Jan 25 charge was for 4.
Anthony Sabella on Twitter
JUST IN: Court docs reveal more about Cory Bigsby’s child neglect charges. - Dec. 13: Criminal complaint alleges Bigsby admits to leaving 4 y.o. Codi and his 2 y.o. twin siblings home alone for 3 hrs while he went to buy a vehicle in Norfolk.
8:50 AM · Feb 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Anthony Sabella on Twitter
MORE: 2nd complaint alleges Bigsby left same children + 5 y.o. sibling home alone for 2 hrs on Jan. 25., less than a week before Codi was reported missing. Documents say he told detectives the kids were “too much of a burden” to take with him. Father of missing 4-year-old Codi Bigsby arrested on 7 counts of child neglect, source says (wtkr.com) @WTKR3
8:53 AM · Feb 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Coy Bidgby's sister is Tandaleyia Butler gonna start gathering her statements and interactions with press. She's very chatty and I feel like there are clues to be found in her statements.

As night three of searching for Codi came to a close, 10 On Your Side’s Michelle Wolf met with Cory Bigsby’s sister Tandaleyia Butler again as she returned from police headquarters. Butler said she believes Codi might’ve slipped out through a sliding glass door after opening it and that he’s opened doors and gotten out before. She wants her nephew found safe and sound, stressing her brother is not a monster.
Codi Bigsby case: Father of missing Hampton 4-year-old arrested on 7 counts of child neglect | WNCT

10 On Your Side’s Andy Fox spoke with Cory Bigsby’s sister about the case.

Tandaleyia Butler was standing with family and friends outside the apartment in the parking lot,

Butler met only with 10 On Your Side. We told her what the chief said about stories not adding up.

“I wasn’t here. My thing, I know my brother loved his children. When it came to his chastising his children, he was a cream puff. The most he would do is raise his voice. He didn’t put his hands on his children,” she said.

When asked if there was any chance he brought harm to Codi, she was adamant with her answer.

“Not a chance. I don’t believe it for a second,” she said. “They are going to have to prove it, because I know my brother. I know my brother and I know it’s not true. it is not true.”
Codi Bigsby case: search continues Tuesday for missing 4-year-old from Hampton | WGHP FOX8

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hampt...ds-story-about-missing-4-year-old-codi-bigsby

FEB 4, 2022
Warrant: Father of missing Hampton boy admits to leaving kids alone (wtkr.com)
[...]

News 3 obtained the arrest warrant for him and it stated that he left his children that were younger than five home alone on multiple instances.

“Bigsby confessed to leaving the children alone for over 3 hours on December 13th, 2021; so he could go buy a vehicle in Norfolk. The three youngest children were left home alone during this transaction. The children were left without a means or ability to communicate emergency services,” as stated on the arrest warrant.

Bigsby informed Detective Smith that the children were too much of a burden to take out with him when he leaves his home.

A similar situation occurred on January 25, 2022, just days before Codi was reported missing.

[...]

Kaicey Baylor on Twitter
We just picked up court documents. It shows police charged Cory Bigsby for leaving his children, a 5 y/o, 4 y/o and twin 2 y/o, to run errands twice over the last two months. These charges aren’t related to Codi’s disappearance.
@13NewsNow
8:31 AM · Feb 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
I might be stating the obvious but if CB bought a different vehicle on December 13 I hope LE tries to locate it for a forensic examination.

ICKEdMeL is showing the latest press conference and will discuss afterwards

The Chief of Police has my total vote of confidence in this investigation - talk about Grace Under Pressure!!!

Chief Talbot is "here for Codi" and his comment, "I don't know any four-year old who leaves his home, in the dark". Rarely do we see this kind of honesty in press conferences. Very admirable IMO.

@Knox I am a big fan of this chief. I have a great deal of confidence in him based on his handling of this case. He seems very no nonsense and dedicated to solving this case. I like how he kept his cool while dealing with rudeness from some. I have NO doubt he IS indeed HERE for 4yr old Codi.

@Knox I am a big fan of this chief. I have a great deal of confidence in him based on his handling of this case. He seems very no nonsense and dedicated to solving this case. I like how he kept his cool while dealing with rudeness from some. I have NO doubt he IS indeed HERE for 4yr old Codi.
agree. I have to give him credit...because I would have had little to NO patience with the individual who kept cutting me off with INSANE comments while I was trying to communicate during a presser. If anyone can find this child. This team will. However, sadly, at this point I think they KNOW this is a recovery. And I think that has crushed them based on the evidence that they have found.

FEB 4, 2022
Warrant: Father of missing Hampton boy admits to leaving kids alone (wtkr.com)
[...]

News 3 obtained the arrest warrant for him and it stated that he left his children that were younger than five home alone on multiple instances.

“Bigsby confessed to leaving the children alone for over 3 hours on December 13th, 2021; so he could go buy a vehicle in Norfolk. The three youngest children were left home alone during this transaction. The children were left without a means or ability to communicate emergency services,” as stated on the arrest warrant.

Bigsby informed Detective Smith that the children were too much of a burden to take out with him when he leaves his home.

A similar situation occurred on January 25, 2022, just days before Codi was reported missing.

[...]

Kaicey Baylor on Twitter
We just picked up court documents. It shows police charged Cory Bigsby for leaving his children, a 5 y/o, 4 y/o and twin 2 y/o, to run errands twice over the last two months. These charges aren’t related to Codi’s disappearance.
@13NewsNow
8:31 AM · Feb 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
I understand the difficulty of trying to do errands with 4 boys under the age of 5.> two year old twins included. It would be very difficult for one person to wrangle those kids .

HOWEVER, lf he had the means to go purchase a car, he had the ability to hire a high school girl to come watch his boys. No excuse for leaving them alone, into.

I am interested in the new car purchase not just from a timing, forensics evidentiary stance, but also curious about the size and child friendliness or lack of both whatever vehicle he drove prior and then the new one.

What did he drive prior? was it a vehicle that makes sense for a single father of four under 5yrs old? Same question for the new vehicle purchased?

Court records state that he has family in Norfolk and some college education. Records that identify his financial resources state that he has, “military retirement; disability,” but it states that he does not currently have a place of employment.

News 3 learned that Cory recently bought a house in the city of Hampton on Burns Street in Hampton in January. When our crews went to the home, it appeared to be empty, and there was a package on the doorstep addressed to Cory Bigsby.

https://www.wtkr.com/investigations...eglect-charges-just-bought-a-house-in-january

agree. I have to give him credit...because I would have had little to NO patience with the individual who kept cutting me off with INSANE comments while I was trying to communicate during a presser. If anyone can find this child. This team will. However, sadly, at this point I think they KNOW this is a recovery. And I think that has crushed them based on the evidence that they have found.
I was concerned a few days ago when they brought out cadaver dogs and sent out dive teams. I don’t know if that’s standard when searching for someone. (I didn’t think it was).

Last edited:
He just bought a house, just bought a car, leaves the very young children home alone because they’re too much trouble. Clearly he could afford to hire a sitter if he bought a house and car in the last month.

It’s always so weird to me when just one kid “goes missing”. Like why the 4 y/o? Why not the other 3? Do they all have the same mom? If not, how did he have custody of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayput1996