VA VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like there are 2 options

A. Police lied and held him against his will, denied him access to the attorney he requested and none of this was recorded by any video.

B. Cory was there voluntarily, until he talked to his attorney and found out no one is buying his story about what happened to Codi.

for now, I’ll believe option B
100%!

UPDATE! Jeff Ambrose just met with Cory Bigsby. Cory tells atty he was held against will and asked for an atty as early as Monday. Never retained counsel til Thursday. Bigsby says he doesn’t know where Codi is. Says he will ask for bond Tuesday. Says Cory not flight risk.

https://twitter.com/ChelseaDReports/status/1489714192789782532
I call shenanigans. No way LE held him against his will and denied access to an attorney. This police chief is NOT that stupid.

I was concerned a few days ago when they brought out cadaver dogs and sent out dive teams. I don’t know if that’s standard when searching for someone. (I didn’t think it was).
I think its is pretty standard when very young children go missing. When very young kids and/or autistic minors go missing, they often search any water nearby and use search dogs. JMO

News 3 spoke to a woman who said she worked as a real estate agent for Cory. She said she did not want to be interviewed but told News 3 that she handed information over to the FBI when they contacted her.

According to the real estate agent, Cory was a 'strange' client that did not want to meet up in person and wanted to communicate over text message. She said the one time she did meet up with him for a brief period, there was a little boy with him. She said she believes the child was Codi after seeing his pictures related to the disappearance. She said he was the only child with him at the time of the meeting this past November.

News 3 also uncovered information about issues in Hampton Civil Court where Cory had to go to court after receiving notices of failure to pay rent in 2018 and 2017 at the Cambridge Apartments.
https://www.wtkr.com/investigations...eglect-charges-just-bought-a-house-in-january

this business of having JUST purchased a new home is giving me shades of Gloria Williams who left her children in a Harris county TX apartment while getting a new apartment to live in with her BF.

He is retired/disabled (2017), not employed, was facing an eviction in 17 and 18 for nonpayment of rent, but now (2022) he is able to borrow $188K to purchase a house? Feels like the onion layers are peeling. But I am left just as confused about this POI.
My daughter just took out a loan to buy a home and they asked for her past leasing and rental info and they did a credit check on her past housing ----no way they would have approved that loan if she had not been paying her rent on time for 2 years.

I dont understand how he received that loan. Maybe because of his military background there is a special veterans program?

UPDATE! Jeff Ambrose just met with Cory Bigsby. Cory tells atty he was held against will and asked for an atty as early as Monday. Never retained counsel til Thursday. Bigsby says he doesn’t know where Codi is. Says he will ask for bond Tuesday. Says Cory not flight risk.

https://twitter.com/ChelseaDReports/status/1489714192789782532

Nah, ain't buying it. Smoke and mirrors.

HP COP is by the book. Everything will be video taped.

LE may not have informed him the sister hired an attorney but they aren't required to.

Moo

My daughter just took out a loan to buy a home and they asked for her past leasing and rental info and they did a credit check on her past housing ----no way they would have approved that loan if she had not been paying her rent on time for 2 years.

I dont understand how he received that loan. Maybe because of his military background there is a special veterans program?
There's the VA home loan benefit, but they still look at credit, so I'm not sure how he managed that.

Nah, ain't buying it. Smoke and mirrors.

HP COP is by the book. Everything will be video taped.

LE may not have informed him the sister hired an attorney but they aren't required to.

Moo

Let's look at the police chief's past experience:

Hampton names new chief of police | WAVY.com

Talbot has 30 years’ experience in law enforcement and holds a bachelor’s degree in Organizational Leadership from Penn State University.

He began his career as a correctional officer after which he became a police officer in Reading, PA. He then progressed through the ranks and became Deputy Chief before becoming the director of the Bureau of Enforcement and Investigation of the Pennsylvania Department of State before becoming the Chief of Police in Norristown.

He has received an NAACP Community Leadership Award and a Freedom Foundation Local Hero award.

Talbot said his first goal in Hampton is to learn about the community and the people of Hampton.

“Learning about the community is about reaching out, meeting people, engaging with people in person and on the phone. I plan on giving out a lot of love.”

Do we think that a chief with that vast experience in Law Enforcement was holding a suspect hostage illegally and denying him his rights>?

BBM
Main pillars of the VA home loan benefit
  • No downpayment required
    (*Note: Lenders may require downpayments for some borrowers using the VA home loan guaranty, but VA does not require a downpayment)
  • Competitively low interest rates
  • Limited closing costs
  • No need for Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)
  • The VA home loan is a lifetime benefit: you can use the guaranty multiple times
To be eligible, you must have satisfactory credit, sufficient income to meet the expected monthly obligations, and a valid Certificate of Eligibility

VA Home Loans Home

What is the Minimum Credit Score for a VA Loan?
The VA does not impose a minimum credit score for VA loans. According to Department of Veterans Affairs guidance on VA loans: There is no minimum credit score requirement. Instead, VA requires a lender to review the entire loan profile. In other words, the VA wants lenders to look at all of a loan applicant’s qualifications, not just credit scores (e.g. debt-to-income ratio, employment status/history, assets, etc.).

Individual Lender Requirements
Despite this VA flexibility, many individual lenders do impose a minimum credit score requirement on VA loans. Generally speaking, lenders will require minimum credit scores of 580 to 620 to qualify for a VA loan.

Minimum Credit Score for VA Loan

------------------------------------------
If Cory's late rental payments were not reported to the credit bureaus and he had sufficient credit history and income getting approved for a VA loan would not be that difficult for him.
It is a great benefit for Active duty and veterans. We have been fortunate enough to use it . My daughter and her now ex- husband (a veteran) used it when newly married. They did not have much credit history but were able to use payment history on utility bills, car insurance, etc. Their payment history ,their income, length of employment and debt to income ratio was sufficient enough to qualify though I think their interest rate was a point or 2 higher than was the average rate at the time.

But specifically cadaver dogs?
Yes, cadaver dogs because one danger with young kids wandering away is they die from the elements and dehydration. If a child runs off in the middle of the night they can die from the cold that same night. And sometimes they need dogs to find them because they tend to crawl into small places. :(

BBM
Main pillars of the VA home loan benefit
  • No downpayment required
    (*Note: Lenders may require downpayments for some borrowers using the VA home loan guaranty, but VA does not require a downpayment)
  • Competitively low interest rates
  • Limited closing costs
  • No need for Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)
  • The VA home loan is a lifetime benefit: you can use the guaranty multiple times
To be eligible, you must have satisfactory credit, sufficient income to meet the expected monthly obligations, and a valid Certificate of Eligibility

VA Home Loans Home

What is the Minimum Credit Score for a VA Loan?
The VA does not impose a minimum credit score for VA loans. According to Department of Veterans Affairs guidance on VA loans: There is no minimum credit score requirement. Instead, VA requires a lender to review the entire loan profile. In other words, the VA wants lenders to look at all of a loan applicant’s qualifications, not just credit scores (e.g. debt-to-income ratio, employment status/history, assets, etc.).

Individual Lender Requirements
Despite this VA flexibility, many individual lenders do impose a minimum credit score requirement on VA loans. Generally speaking, lenders will require minimum credit scores of 580 to 620 to qualify for a VA loan.

Minimum Credit Score for VA Loan

------------------------------------------
If Cory's late rental payments were not reported to the credit bureaus and he had sufficient credit history and income getting approved for a VA loan would not be that difficult for him.
It is a great benefit for Active duty and veterans. We have been fortunate enough to use it . My daughter and her now ex- husband (a veteran) used it when newly married. They did not have much credit history but were able to use payment history on utility bills, car insurance, etc. Their payment history ,their income, length of employment and debt to income ratio was sufficient enough to qualify though I think their interest rate was a point or 2 higher than was the average rate at the time.

It wasn't a VA loan. Per an earlier article Hampton Housing Authority in conjunction with Virginia Housing Authority. Hampton holds the deed of trust.

Hampton Housing Authority provides a 100% grant for the closing cost and down payment. (Free money) Then Virginia Housing Authority provides the mortage.

It's one of many low income programs for home ownership.

Hampton Roads Loan Fund Partnership

Virginia Housing

Last edited:
News 3 spoke to a woman who said she worked as a real estate agent for Cory. She said she did not want to be interviewed but told News 3 that she handed information over to the FBI when they contacted her.

According to the real estate agent, Cory was a 'strange' client that did not want to meet up in person and wanted to communicate over text message. She said the one time she did meet up with him for a brief period, there was a little boy with him. She said she believes the child was Codi after seeing his pictures related to the disappearance. She said he was the only child with him at the time of the meeting this past November.

News 3 also uncovered information about issues in Hampton Civil Court where Cory had to go to court after receiving notices of failure to pay rent in 2018 and 2017 at the Cambridge Apartments.
https://www.wtkr.com/investigations...eglect-charges-just-bought-a-house-in-january

this business of having JUST purchased a new home is giving me shades of Gloria Williams who left her children in a Harris county TX apartment while getting a new apartment to live in with her BF.

He is retired/disabled (2017), not employed, was facing an eviction in 17 and 18 for nonpayment of rent, but now (2022) he is able to borrow $188K to purchase a house? Feels like the onion layers are peeling. But I am left just as confused about this POI.
Wonder what his disability is? PTSD came to my mind earlier. Especially after I learned he served 2 tours in Iraq and 2 in Afghanistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FridayCrimeClub