VA VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News 3 spoke to a woman who said she worked as a real estate agent for Cory. She said she did not want to be interviewed but told News 3 that she handed information over to the FBI when they contacted her.

According to the real estate agent, Cory was a 'strange' client that did not want to meet up in person and wanted to communicate over text message. She said the one time she did meet up with him for a brief period, there was a little boy with him. She said she believes the child was Codi after seeing his pictures related to the disappearance. She said he was the only child with him at the time of the meeting this past November.

News 3 also uncovered information about issues in Hampton Civil Court where Cory had to go to court after receiving notices of failure to pay rent in 2018 and 2017 at the Cambridge Apartments.
https://www.wtkr.com/investigations...eglect-charges-just-bought-a-house-in-january

this business of having JUST purchased a new home is giving me shades of Gloria Williams who left her children in a Harris county TX apartment while getting a new apartment to live in with her BF.

He is retired/disabled (2017), not employed, was facing an eviction in 17 and 18 for nonpayment of rent, but now (2022) he is able to borrow $188K to purchase a house? Feels like the onion layers are peeling. But I am left just as confused about this POI.

News 3 spoke to a woman who said she worked as a real estate agent for Cory. She said she did not want to be interviewed but told News 3 that she handed information over to the FBI when they contacted her.

According to the real estate agent, Cory was a 'strange' client that did not want to meet up in person and wanted to communicate over text message. She said the one time she did meet up with him for a brief period, there was a little boy with him. She said she believes the child was Codi after seeing his pictures related to the disappearance. She said he was the only child with him at the time of the meeting this past November.

News 3 also uncovered information about issues in Hampton Civil Court where Cory had to go to court after receiving notices of failure to pay rent in 2018 and 2017 at the Cambridge Apartments.
https://www.wtkr.com/investigations...eglect-charges-just-bought-a-house-in-january

this business of having JUST purchased a new home is giving me shades of Gloria Williams who left her children in a Harris county TX apartment while getting a new apartment to live in with her BF.

He is retired/disabled (2017), not employed, was facing an eviction in 17 and 18 for nonpayment of rent, but now (2022) he is able to borrow $188K to purchase a house? Feels like the onion layers are peeling. But I am left just as confused about this POI.
The real estate agent in the Orrin & Orson West case also had interesting things to say (in hindsight). The boys disappeared shortly after the West duo purchased the home in California Valley.

Why only Codi? Was he the problem child who couldn't be left at home with the others? My imagination is going wild with scenarios of what happened to Codi now. He was just "too much" for Cory ...

UPDATE! Jeff Ambrose just met with Cory Bigsby. Cory tells atty he was held against will and asked for an atty as early as Monday. Never retained counsel til Thursday. Bigsby says he doesn’t know where Codi is. Says he will ask for bond Tuesday. Says Cory not flight risk.

https://twitter.com/ChelseaDReports/status/1489714192789782532

The real estate agent in the Orrin & Orson West case also had interesting things to say (in hindsight). The boys disappeared shortly after the West duo purchased the home in California Valley.

Why only Codi? Was he the problem child who couldn't be left at home with the others? My imagination is going wild with scenarios of what happened to Codi now. He was just "too much" for Cory ...

Just imagining Orrin, Orson, and Codi all together out in the remains of Winter Storm Landon in our yard...wouldn't they have a grand time?

Where is Codi, where is Oakley, where is Harmony, where are Orrin & Orson?

jmho ymmv lrr

UPDATE! Jeff Ambrose just met with Cory Bigsby. Cory tells atty he was held against will and asked for an atty as early as Monday. Never retained counsel til Thursday. Bigsby says he doesn’t know where Codi is. Says he will ask for bond Tuesday. Says Cory not flight risk.

That sounds believable. We've all been wondering why in the world he'd CHOOSE to stay there, of his own free will, all this time.

The fact that he wasn't allowed to see family when they went to see him doesn't make sense if he was there of his own free will, and free to leave at any time.

I appreciate this info but can't bring myself to like it.

Not surprised at all that he will now claim that he was "forced" to confess the neglectful acts he is charged with. Big sis has fed him (via the attorney) exactly the lie he needed to try to muddy the waters. Thankful the Chief is the level headed professional he is.

I appreciate this info but can't bring myself to like it.

Not surprised at all that he will now claim that he was "forced" to confess the neglectful acts he is charged with. Big sis has fed him (via the attorney) exactly the lie he needed to try to muddy the waters. Thankful the Chief is the level headed professional he is.

Did you believe it when they said he's been there voluntarily all this time? Do you still believe it?

To me, this calls everything into question, including that they have evidence that Codi was missing long before reported. Calls all of it into question.

I don't buy it for one single moment. I 100% believe the chief's words from his presser earlier. The accused is a grown, educated, retired retired army veteran, fully capable and made aware of his rights.

I have zero doubt that interviews of him by LE have been recorded/videotaped and further that he was informed of his rights and that the man never once asked for an attorney.

Did you believe it when they said he's been there voluntarily all this time? Do you still believe it?

To me, this calls everything into question, including that they have evidence that Codi was missing long before reported. Calls all of it into question.
I not only believed it, I still believe it.

Of course he is going to say he requested an attorney. Wondering if the entirety of the questioning was on video, if it wasn't - or there were parts that weren't. It becomes a he said/she said scenario. It also might cause parts of what he told LE to be unusable in court. Specifically, the basis for the charges he's facing now. If what he told them can't be used, those charges will be dismissed.

He's smart, just like the Chief said in the pressor today - repeatedly.

I feel like there are 2 options

A. Police lied and held him against his will, denied him access to the attorney he requested and none of this was recorded by any video.

B. Cory was there voluntarily, until he talked to his attorney and found out no one is buying his story about what happened to Codi.

for now, I’ll believe option B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member