VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that too, very clearly, but I'm too lazy right now to look through all my page saves to find it. I still haven't finished going through them all and filing them by date. I've been trying to save every news item commenters link to.

Good idea Gxm! If its true they were in the same place I can see the pastor going straight to the stench as he walks in while sam hides and as soon as he's shocked by the horrific sceen sam took advantage of him. Sounds logical to me.

Yes, Emma had really blossomed. She was growing into a stunning young woman.

Yes she has, and she's probably very immature for her age since she's limited to social activities due to being home schooled. Which could have led her to do something she didn't perceive as wrong in a relationship that really made Sam snap. Or maybe she was playing Sam all along. I mean maybe she liked how he made her feel special and grown but not really like him and didn't even know it until he arrived and found out they were very different. She was too young and too out of the social circle for that relationship.

If its true they were in the same place I can see the pastor going straight to the stench as he walks in while sam hides and as soon as he's shocked by the horrific sceen sam took advantage of him.

Wow - I hope you're wrong. I hope he was knocked out as soon as he opened the door and never saw or smelled a thing. I hope the others were killed in their sleep. The only positive thing I could possibly find in all of this at this point would be that none of them ever knew what happened - especially that the parents never knew what happened to the girls. If I were Mel's parent, I'd want to switch places with Emma's parent. I would also like to think that Sam got no pleasure from causing pain to any of them.

You know what I think is very odd? There was like 2 dogs and 2 cats away from the bodies in the basement was what i read so the pastor wasn't in the basement. Also why would you kill people and not animals? It's as if Sam put the animals there so they wouldn't disturb the bodies.
http://www.quoterelish.com/quote/16...had-also-heard-that-the-suspect-used-the-name
I also have to mention this fact, everyone keeps saying he had the same clothes on at the show as he did at the time of arrest, well from everything I've seem about him, from pic to video, he has those same clothes on even months before this.

I find this rather ammusing. Sounds like to me at some point he had a breakdown and just killed her, but in these statements there did seem to be a bit of remorse even though the cab driver had no idea.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=8680379

"However, driver Curtis Gibson told The Associated Press Richard "Sam" McCroskey was talkative and courteous during the hourlong ride from Farmville, where he picked up McCroskey at a Huddle House restaurant, to the Richmond airport on Sept. 18. Despite the fight, McCroskey gushed about his first meeting with the girlfriend he met online a year before — and her smile.

McCroskey told Gibson Emma was angry because he read her text messages, including one from a man who told her he loved her. He said he had seen Emma talking to the man, a performer at an all-day music festival Sept. 12 that featured horrorcore artists rhyming about raping, killing and mutilating people."

"The impression I got was that he thought he was wrong for looking at it moreso than she was wrong," Gibson said. "I didn't pick up any anger at all there."
It also sounds like he wanted to keep it as unreal as possible in his own mind that he had killed her, as if he was daydreaming of how he thought it should have been if you will.
maybe when he says determined here, he was determined to keep her...
http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...lly&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
...i still wish all these times were right.

Think about how many people lisen to eminem... like my fiance, my sister... my soon to be bro and sis in law... Many many many of my students. I even like some of his stuff. Lots of similar (grusome, violent) content/concept as in this horrorrap. Minus the occult, I guess.

I keep hearing Horrorcore being compared to Horror Movie producers like Stephen King or Other Rappers like Eminem.

But in my opinion, there is a huge difference. Very few people become friends of Stephen King or Eminem. Stephen King might write about gruesome stuff, but mostly he does not glorify it. It is a story, you go see it, you get scared and then you move on.

These guys not only make music, but they become very close to their audience. Their philosophies become very personal. Emma for example became their "Unholy Apostles". Sam worked in the team. This was more than music, this was a lifestyle. They considered themselves part of a family. Sam sought and received approval.

These 30-35 year old adults became role models for the teenagers who followed them and looked up to them. They had and continue to have strong influences on their lives. I think Siinester understands this which is why he stopped with Wicked Intent.

Horrorcore is not really anything like eminem.. They are just wanna b ICP fans.. What i would like to see though is that whole scene cracked down on..As i said before in the SKR group alone there enough evidence of drug use and contributing to delequency to raid and press charges on these guys.

I keep hearing Horrorcore being compared to Horror Movie producers like Stephen King or Other Rappers like Eminem.

But in my opinion, there is a huge difference. Very few people become friends of Stephen King or Eminem. Stephen King might write about gruesome stuff, but mostly he does not glorify it. It is a story, you go see it, you get scared and then you move on.

These guys not only make music, but they become very close to their audience. Their philosophies become very personal. Emma for example became their "Unholy Apostles". Sam worked in the team. This was more than music, this was a lifestyle. They considered themselves part of a family. Sam sought and received approval.

These 30-35 year old adults became role models for the teenagers who followed them and looked up to them. They had and continue to have strong influences on their lives. I think Siinester understands this which is why he stopped with Wicked Intent.

I was thinking the same exact thing earlier. This is much more than just music.

Gene, that is an excellent distinction to make. Someone like Sam can, of course, be influenced by the close-knit type of connection you point out between genre or artist and fan, or by something more distant, such as those who have killed based on perceived connections to literature (e.g. Catcher in the Rye). Still, the point you make is good: there is a difference between, say, Stephen King's whole publicity and marketing machine and that of Horrorcore.

Completely on the money with this assessment!

And it's clear that the two "leaders" of SKR carry themselves as High Priest and Priestess of their little dominion.... I would never indite an entire genre, but the stuff going on in New Mexico is beyond "Horrorcore,"
especially when you consider that they feed their "followers" copious amounts of illegal substances to go along with their twisted views on religion and morality.

It's pretty bad when you have other horrorcore rappers calling you a bunch of devil worshipers who don't represent the art in the right way. I am seeing a lot of resentment towards SKR on other Horrorcore forums and I highly doubt it is jealousy over them selling 200 CDs to sum 250 people at SFTW.

Interesting stuff from Sam's status updates that caught my eye....

LiLdEmOnDoGWhy do I feel like your setting me up just to see me fall? :\at 4:04 AM Jun 6

LiLdEmOnDoGI need Something.. Someone..to help me with my brain because it's fallen apart... I fall apart at 8:20 PM May 16

LiLdEmOnDoGHow can you learn to live when everything around you ****ing dies at 2:31 PM May 19

I have to say... reading his status updates, he seems both immature and very manic depressant.

I have to disagree with the crackdown on the "horrorcore" music. Its entertainment. Thats all. No different than Marilyn Manson or Rob Zombie. Sure its all about murder and rape and blah, blah, blah. But it IS entertainment. Not meant to be taken to heart. Hell, if you look at the myspaces of some of these folks you'll see that they are kissing eachother and visiting the Grand Canyon and attending MLB games. Things other "normal" people do. They just found a niche and are making money off of it. I think this kid was disturbed and, if it wasnt this music, something else wouldve sent him over the edge. I dont care how much music I listen to glorifying the degradation of life, Im not gonna go kill no one. Just my opinion.

I don't think anyone is calling for banning this music or anything similar. I would not support that, because IMO it's legitimate, legally protected speech. That being said, there's no denying that this genre glorifies murder, rape, and other violence. I don't think this music creates a problem for a healthy-minded person, but I do believe it can and did have an effect on the weak-minded Sam. Obviously we have no way of knowing whether these murders would have occurred if Sam, Emma and Melanie shared an interest in a more conventional musical genre, but it's at least possible they would not have.

Dont crack down on the music, crack down on the scene.. Just look at half these "artists" pages.. There 30-35 year old men dating 16 year olds and younger.. In normal circles of society that concidered pedophellia.. now throw in a good case of nothing to look up to and a whole lot of drugs.. Well..

When I first found out about this and began researching, I had found headlines like "Rap kills again" and the like. This can't be blamed on the music. 10 years ago there was a very brutal school masacare in Colorado, you know the one. Anyway, it was Marylin Manson's fault at the time, even though he never sang about killing people or raping or anything brutal like Horrorcore does.

Horrorcore has been around since the mid 90's and this is the first murder linked to it, so offically, it's not the cause.
(I know this isn't a huge revelation, it's just my first post and I'm getting my stance out there.)

You could blame it on the culture of the whole thing, sure. Sam was free to go to that show, smoke week, drink and do whatever else was being done. He was an adult. What bothers me is that there was a 16 year old girl there being allowed to do the same things, and her parents drove her there! It may sound insensitive, but the parents brought this on themselves AND their 16 year old daughter.

I've got a few buddies that listen to the stuff, and they all went to that show. In fact, I found this site because of Heroine doing detective work on my friend Kuriuz, which I gave him a heads up because this has been hard for him, he doesn't need to be tied into the plot when he has nothing to do with it.
Anyway, he said it best on the night everything was discovered by their 'community' when he said "Man... Those girls weren't doing anything to anybody. They didn't deserve this."
It's sad. It's sad that their parents let them get mixed up in this situation. (I guess Wells was an adult, legally, but still a bit young)

Now, I'm only 23 and my daughter is only 10 months old. I have a long way to go, a million things to discover and a million more problems to deal with as the years go on. But I simply cannot imagine doing what Emma's parents did. I mean, how can a pastor look/listen to this stuff and say "Sure, you can go, and i'll tag along!" Just unreal to me. It just defies al the laws of common sense, I mean, did they invite everyone back to the hotel room for a 'supervised' orgy afterwards?

I listen to all music. Althought I would say there 'genre' isn't for me, I have enjoyed some of the songs played for me. I am exposed to it quite a bit because there is a group of my friends that are very into it. I'm just not into it like they are, I enjoy music differently. I either like a song, or I don't. It's either good or it's bad. What i have found with Horrorcore is that it's something that the people involved in it can't just like. They have to love it, they have to live it. To call it a cult is a going a bit far, I think it's more like a posse, and some people like to belong to a posse.

I've been obsessed with this case mostly because of my somewhat inside knowledge of the situation and the people around it. I had an oppertunity to attend SFTW, but was unable to because I was needed at home. I was going to attend just to kind of see what it was all about, I really wish I would have now. My group that did go say they met Sam, and that they were not impressed. I don't know if that's because of the facts they know now or what, but that's what they say. They also talked of how he was 'all over some other girl' while there.

My theory on what happened at SFTW was that with him having inexperience at relationships (Probably of all kinds, not just girlfriend/boyfriend) and his deciding to engage in one across the country with a 16 year old girl probably hit a wall after the week he had spent with her prior to the show. Maybe the writing on the wall started to show back in VA, maybe on the car drive to Michigan, or maybe when they arrived and were surrounded by the Posse, she was shown more attention by dozens of other people and Sam just sort of faded into the background.

Imagine that. You take a chance on dating a 16 year old. You fly cross country, then drive to the midwest for a show then proceed to be ignored by this girl who is now being showed love for everyone. In a 16 year olds mind, I'm sure she was loving it and forgot all about Sam the moment they arrived. This probably prompted an argument, or maybe just an 'agree to disagree' kind of break up.

If I'm right, now akward would the car ride home be? What drove him to murder her after they got back? I think they got back and once he discovered the text message, he snapped. Maybe he didn't snap, just let it go until she fell asleep, then once he killed her he had to kill everyone else. Then he had to wait for his flight. where was he going to wait in VA? The house was the only palce for him.

I'm not sure if we will ever get all of the facts. I hope they come out. This kid had apparently suffered a lot in his life. He didn't 'fit in' so he had to 'get in where he fit in'. His parents weren't the lovey type, which didn't help. He was overweight, made fun of, there goes his shot at the ladies. Years of islation in his bed room playing video games, browsing the internet and just being alone. Once he found his niche, people started to notice him. He was only 20, but it must have seemed like his life was over when Emma decided she wanted something else.

The fact that a 16 year old girl would do that is probably very easy for us to understand, but his dating someone at that age tells you he didn't have a CLUE. 3, 4 maybe 5 years later, he probably doesn't do this. Probably gets away from his shyness, becomes big in the Horrorcore community and lives happily ever after. Now? He rots in prison until the day he is lethally injected, all while replaying the murders and the god forasken smell he lived with for two days.

Sad, sad story.

I don't think anyone is calling for banning this music or anything similar. I would not support that, because IMO it's legitimate, legally protected speech. That being said, there's no denying that this genre glorifies murder, rape, and other violence. I don't think this music creates a problem for a healthy-minded person, but I do believe it can and did have an effect on the weak-minded Sam. Obviously we have no way of knowing whether these murders would have occurred if Sam, Emma and Melanie shared an interest in a more conventional musical genre, but it's at least possible they would not have.

Right, it wasn't the music that caused murder, it was music that brought them together. If we say that the music has to be banned, that's just ridiculous. I do wonder how the dudes that really cared about these girls are going to be able to sing about raping and killing now, but who knows.

If anything gets brought down upon SKR, how about staking out their next concert and making some arrests for all of the undersage stuff going on. The fact that there was a 16 year old girl at this show is what irks me the most.

WIRadio is still online and accessible

http://www.syniister.com/

With the recent events in Virginia that have shaken this scene, the Wicked Intent websites will be temporarily closed. We appreciate your support, but out of respect for the fallen and their families will not be accessible at this time.

A senseless crime has been comitted and Wicked Intent does not condone nor endorse these actions in anyway shape or form. We are just as shocked as everyone else and are disgusted by the recent findings. We send out our condolences to all effected by this sensless act.

hmmm. WIR's website is down. It does say "temporarily" though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen