VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam might still think smoking would help.

And, though I don't think it's all that relevant, I wouldn't necessarily conclude that Sam wasn't smoking when anyone failed to report it.

Yup. This is why I commented on it originally. Just entering the Dead Animal Room was a very memorable experience and it was the main reason I quit that job.

(respectfully snipped)

The couple of times that I've come in contact with the death smell have been in hospitals or around family members who were dying. Because others didn't (appear to) notice the smell, I assume that I'm one of those people who is sensitive to it.

Maybe Sam wasn't sensitive to it or other strong odors since, according to his sister, he rarely bathed and stunk on a fairly regular basis.

FWIW, not bathing is a sign of depression, as is insomnia.

Not really. Smoking won't cover the odor IME.

Also, there are no reports of him smoking during the other encounters with LE and yet the stench wasn't reported either. Possible that they just didn't notice, but I don't know how to explain that. Death has a very strong and memorable odor.

Yes. One that LE would probably be familiar with and able to identify. That's where I always come back to: Why did civilians notice a strong odor and the cops didn't?

Sam might still think smoking would help.

And, though I don't think it's all that relevant, I wouldn't necessarily conclude that Sam wasn't smoking when anyone failed to report it.

None of the cops responding to his call in rural Virginia ever went hunting?

Anyone that has killed game knows about the smell of death.

Also, if he is aware of the odor and smoking to cover it up please explain to me why is he calling and interacting with the cops in the first place?

Makes no sense.

The couple of times that I've come in contact with the death smell have been in hospitals or around family members who were dying. Because others didn't (appear to) notice the smell, I assume that I'm one of those people who is sensitive to it.

Maybe Sam wasn't sensitive to it or other strong odors since, according to his sister, he rarely bathed and stunk on a fairly regular basis.

FWIW, not bathing is a sign of depression, as is insomnia.

This makes some sense. But after the car was towed he went back to the house. Since the tow truck driver had mentioned the odor, he must have been aware of it at that point even if he himself couldn't detect it. And yet he made no attempt to get new clothes, or to shower, or anything.

Is he trying to get caught or to escape? It seems he can't decide.

Oh, I didn't realize he went from the tow truck back to the house. I thought he went to a restaurant and got a cab from there to the airport. Ha, I should just quit trying to suggest any possibilities. I'm just stupid.

Oh, I didn't realize he went from the tow truck back to the house. I thought he went to a restaurant and got a cab from there to the airport. Ha, I should just quit trying to suggest any possibilities. I'm just stupid.

The towing incident occured at 4AM. The tow truck driver dropped him at a Sheetz gas station and mini-market which is near the house. There are two of them in Farmville, both on the same road. I don't know which one he went to.

Actually now that I think about it, I think you are right about this. The cab driver picked him up at the restaurant as you state. And although both Sheetz in Farmville are near the house so is the restaurant where he was picked up a few hours later.

I also note the tow truck driver reported the smell inside the Honda and not only on McCroskey himself, "Throughout the conversation, Napier did his best to ignore the powerful stench emanating from the passenger seat. He had noticed it inside the Honda when winching it out of the ditch."

As far as your "stupid" comment, I have never once said you were stupid. I don't think that and I didn't write it. I am debating your theory which IMO has some problems with it. I am not attacking its author. See the difference?

This makes some sense. But after the car was towed he went back to the house. Since the tow truck driver had mentioned the odor, he must have been aware of it at that point even if he himself couldn't detect it. And yet he made no attempt to get new clothes, or to shower, or anything.

Is he trying to get caught or to escape? It seems he can't decide.

Maybe both. It seems to me that he was making lame attempts at alibis and escape plans. As if his heart wasn't in it. And when you consider his confession to Sic then it does seem like he wanted to, ultimately, be caught. Why I don't know. Was it remorse? Or was it a desire for infamy? Or, again, a bit of both?

Maybe both. It seems to me that he was making lame attempts at alibis and escape plans. As if his heart wasn't in it. And when you consider his confession to Sic then it does seem like he wanted to, ultimately, be caught. Why I don't know. Was it remorse? Or was it a desire for infamy? Or, again, a bit of both?

Possible, but if you are making an escape plan or alibi it usually involves leaving the scene of the crime.

Also McCrosky didn't call SickTanick.

He called an unidentified mystery person who SickTanick says called him. I don't think I've read anything that identifies this person.

Sept 19th Mother of Melanie Wells contacts Andres Shrim (owner of Serial Killin Records) worried about missing daughter. After receiving a call from someone claiming that Richard McCroskey had told them he’d “killed everyone” contacts the Farmville Police Department and inform them of a possible homicide at the Kelly residence. Richard is found asleep in a chair of the departures lounge of the local airport and arrested. A reporter asks him why he did it, he replies “Jesus told me to.”

Another report about the phone calls between Shrim and the mystery person:

"I got a phone call from an associate of mine and the associate of mine said that Sam had called him and said that something is very wrong and he called me because we were trying to get in contact with all the parties involved as far as families and the girls themselves," Shrim said.

He tells us, after that phone call ended, he called Farmville police last Friday and told them they needed to go to Niederbrock's home because there “may have been a possible homicide.”

The Farmville Police Department confirmed Shrim’s phone call.

Shrim had also received concerned phone calls from Melanie's mother.

Here's another little factoid that most people have overlooked...the women's bodies were found on the floor:

"When officers arrived at the house, they noticed a distinct odor that they recognized as possibly being decaying bodies," Ellington said. "They made entry and observed three bodies on the floor."

So unless they were all sleeping on the floor, the bodies were moved after death.

Here's another little factoid that most people have overlooked...the women's bodies were found on the floor:

"When officers arrived at the house, they noticed a distinct odor that they recognized as possibly being decaying bodies," Ellington said. "They made entry and observed three bodies on the floor."

So unless they were all sleeping on the floor, the bodies were moved after death.

Yeah I must say that I did overlook that bit of info. Hmmm....wonder what floor they were on and why he moved them?

Yeah I must say that I did overlook that bit of info. Hmmm....wonder what floor they were on and why he moved them?

maybe he was going to move them but changed his mind... with the police stopping by and mrs.wells calling.. he was probably more worried about getting caught and going back to cali and not the bodies.. because they are already dead.. might as well leave them where they are at... after the run in with the cops I guess that shook him a little..

I think deliberate staging is a real possibility. Sam had made videos of staging things in cemeteries, and the horrorcore material overall seems to... support this.

I was thinking, too, about how John List (and other killers, certainly) lined up the victims in one area after death.

I think deliberate staging is a real possibility. Sam had made videos of staging things in cemeteries, and the horrorcore material overall seems to... support this.

I was thinking, too, about how John List (and other killers, certainly) lined up the victims in one area after death.

Yeah staging is possible, but I was thinking, when he was caught with the pastors car and ran into the ditch they said it looked as though he was turning around, do you think it could be possible that he was looking for a dumping ground originally and was going to go back and get the bodies to hide them?

Yeah staging is possible, but I was thinking, when he was caught with the pastors car and ran into the ditch they said it looked as though he was turning around, do you think it could be possible that he was looking for a dumping ground originally and was going to go back and get the bodies to hide them?

hmmm.... that would explain the remote location. and if he wanted to do that, he no doubt would have availed himself of the Kelley home computers to scan the locale, just as dangrs did....

hmmm.... that would explain the remote location. and if he wanted to do that, he no doubt would have availed himself of the Kelley home computers to scan the locale, just as dangrs did....

Hmmm, very true, now that makes me want to look at a map of where he was at that time. Does anyone know right off what the address was again? So I don't have to look it up?

Oh, man, the road name was unusual--as though it was related to it all, like in sam's mind, or possibly just coincidence. i can't get a fix on it though....

I dont know or much care for the scenario, whatever the clothing and bathing scenario was, he smelled like rotting bodies. And the witnesses who smelled him will make an impact during his quadruple capital murder trial.

Hate to jump in here and argue with you, but witnesses saying he "smelled like rotting bodies" is certainly not admissible in court. They could testify that he smelled bad, but any witness that says, "He smelled like rotting bodies." would be objected to as speculation.

Oh, man, the road name was unusual--as though it was related to it all, like in sam's mind, or possibly just coincidence. i can't get a fix on it though....

Heres a map of where her house was but where is that stupid road?

http://static.mgnetwork.com/rtd/pdfs/20090920_murders.pdf
wait it's poor house road, correct? I read that it was poorhouse road but can't find it on the map......hmm?

Authorities have not specified when the Virginia killings occurred, but at 4 a.m. on Friday, September 18, tow-truck driver Elton Napier was called out to Poor House Road to help McCroskey, whose car was stuck.

http://www.wibw.com/nationalnews/headlines/63623662.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member