VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #4

dangrsmind, lets say you paid me 500 bucks to make you a sweet track for a Sicktanick diss track and I copied the production of Sysco's "Thong song" and sent it to you. If you'd already paid me, would you be a tad cheesed?

Sure, but theres a difference between sampling and lifting an entire track, like he did in "Oh".

Well, that would be an infringement of the copyright associated to the written score (but not lyrics) and the recorded song. But I don't get the point here unless you are associated with Ciara's record label...

dangrsmind, lets say you paid me 500 bucks to make you a sweet track for a Sicktanick diss track and I copied the production of Sysco's "Thong song" and sent it to you. If you'd already paid me, would you be a tad cheesed?

Seems like a contractual issue between the parties involved. Next.

Pax I was deeply involved in the legal architecture of Live365. During that time I also spent a very enjoyable day in the RIAA's office being threatened by their chief legal counsel. I know more about this area than most people including many lawyers.

And don't be fooled, it is not about protecting the artists. It's all about the money Pax. The music industry is one of the most corrupt disgusting scams in existence.

Yes, I figured with your rave/dj background you probably had some first hand experience with this. Thanks for sharing and I have no doubt you are correct. Its always about the money.

Well, that would be an infringement of the copyright associated to the written score (but not lyrics) and the recorded song. But I don't get the point here unless you are associated with Ciara's record label...

Oh, there's no real point. I just think its interesting to peel back some of the layers of the fiction these nefarious figures we're dealing with have built for themselves.

The other thing I'm interested is the notions of feminism present in explanations of Razakel's music.

Yes, I figured with your rave/dj background you probably had some first hand experience with this. Thanks for sharing and I have no doubt you are correct. Its always about the money.

My background here comes more from being the CTO of Live365 and our experiences in trying to operate a legal music streaming service on the Internet. You might think the industry would have welcomed a legal service during the heyday of illegal music sharing on Napster 1.0, but you would be very wrong.

Oh, there's no real point. I just think its interesting to peel back some of the layers of the fiction these nefarious figures we're dealing with have built for themselves.

The other thing I'm interested is the notions of feminism present in explanations of Razakel's music.

That's an interesting topic.

Is anyone up for TRANSCRIBING all of the LYRICS to SAM's songs/music, and posting here on the thread so we can examine it further, I would do it but I dont have speakers on this computer at this time.

Is anyone up for TRANSCRIBING all of the LYRICS to SAM's songs/music, and posting here on the thread so we can examine it further, I would do it but I dont have speakers on this computer at this time.

That would require actually listening to it...

I'd be interested in this as well. However, I cannot do it now, as I'm not sure people in my office would be too pleased to me bumping some Syko Sam.

Also, I'm not sure how useful reading into some of his lyrics will be.

I really don't know that I could listen to a whole song. I haven't made through one "music video" in entirety yet. It's just plain awful, as well as boring.

I really don't know that I could listen to a whole song. I haven't made through one "music video" in entirety yet. It's just plain awful, as well as boring.

LOL thats why I dont want to do it, I thought I could charm someone else in to the deed, although it is true that I dont have any speakers on this PC at this time.

I think it would be good to have all his lyrics here to look more closely at since the state recently indicated they were looking more closely at his music at this time.

Damn you Pax, you knew I would have to do this. I'll get you back. ;)

Chorus:
The evil voices they're inside my head
They want to see me kill
They want to see me dead

They want to see me kill
They want to see me dead

They're always in my head
Tell me it never stop
They don't care about my life
They hope I ??? God
They want me to murder continuously
They want to take lives on mass murder spree

I love the smell of a body that's rotten and decayed
That's what I think about when I'm stalking my prey

I've got this deadly urge and I just don't know why
But I've the heard the voices and they say you've got to die

Knocked you out, dragged you back to my truck
Stained my clothes I'm bloody as ****
Don't beg for me to let you go
I'm going to torture and kill you slow

Chorus

Its not that easy doing what I do
Its ok the voices they'll help me through
I love to hear you scream I love to hear you cry
As I gag your mouth and blindfold your eyes
Rape torture kill, you're in for a big surprise.
Now it's your sure time for you to die.
I'm going to bury you in my backyard under the ground.
Six feet under, you'll never be found.

Chorus

I'm really hope I don't ever get caught
And still Dad say (???) I'm never going to stop
I never question the voices, they're always right
And I love the victims that put up a fight
The voices make me seek the prey that is animal
Like Hannibal the Cannibal
I'm definitely not Hannibal (???)
It's not my fault for these bad thoughts and choices
Don't blame me, blame all the voices

Chorus x3

Edited to add: this could use another set of ears and review. I don't think it is exactly right. Especially not sure about the "Dad" reference.

Damn you Pax, you knew I would have to do this. I'll get you back. ;)

Chorus:
They want to see me kill
They want to see me dead

They want to see me kill
They want to see me dead

They're always in my head
Tell me it never stop
They don't care about my life
They hope I ??? God
They want me to murder continuously
They want to take lives on mass murder spree

I love the smell of a body that's rotten and decayed
That's what I think about when I'm stalking my prey

I've got this deadly urge and I just don't know why
But I've the heard the voices and they say you've got to die

Chorus

Its not that easy doing what I do
Its ok the voices they'll help me through
I love to hear you scream I love to hear you cry
As I gag your mouth and blindfold your eyes
Rape torture kill, you're in for a big surprise.
Now it's your sure time for you to die.
I'm going to bury you in my backyard under the ground.
Six feet under, you'll never be found.

Chorus

I'm really hope I don't ever get caught
And still Dad say (???) I'm never going to stop
I never question the voices, they're always right
And I love the victims that put up a fight
The voices make me seek the prey that is animal
Like Hannibal the Cannibal
I'm definitely not Hannibal (???)
It's not my fault for these bad thoughts and choices
Don't blame me, blame all the voices

Chorus x3

Edited to add: this could use another set of ears and review. I don't think it is exactly right. Especially not sure about the "Dad" reference.

Hahaha you the man!

You're not going to believe this but I had a car wreck several years ago and shattered my arm requiring a permanent steel rod and over a dozen screws, etc. I just looked up the exact date just for the heck of it. Turns out is was Jan. 23, 2003. I kid you not.

See how it works?

Car accidents are interesting. I was in a pretty serious accident in 1991.

For some reason over ten years later it occurred to me that had I not been precisely where I was, at precisely that moment, the guy who lost control of his van and hit my car would have gone right over the side and almost certainly would have died. It was a long way down and there is no guard rail on the turn. Being a mathematician, I just had to estimate how precisely timed this event had to be in order for me to save this guy's life. Turns out to be a fairly small fraction of a second. And there were only our two cars on the road for a couple of miles in either direction.

Coincidence? Maybe or maybe not.

Great point. I've done the same thing myself. Rummaging through the nightstand in the middle of the night frantically looking for pen and paper is one of my least favorite things.

Okay, so how many of us are musicians here?

I am and have done the same thing before. But I also wouldn't put it past him to have made signs for the pics if it turned out he sent any.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelseydeec
Back