VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Pax now you got me interested in this other case when I barely have enough time to follow the thread on this one! My question is, just my opinion, how can you stomach watching Nancy Grace? She's an ambulance chasing, overdramatic, media crime ratings *advertiser censored*. I will never forget when she had Elizabeth Smart on and disrespected her (an adult addressing a traumatized child) for not wanting to get into unpleasant details of her abduction. Reprehensible as far as I'm concerned. Pretty much a waste of oxygen. Okay I'm gonna put that pukey smiley thing next.

here it comes: :puke:

Well I have to go from one channel to another so sometimes she graces my screen but I generally do not watch her and I agree with you, I cant stand her personally.

(Bolding mine) I couldn't have put that better myself. And she has those two poor children. . .

I would have to say watching her, if you can handle it, is probably a good beginning source for some of these more bizarre crimes mostly ignored by the mainstream media.

Hee hee! You mean Little Lucy Etta and Little John Howard, or whatever the hell their names are? OMG, I find myself wondering, What must their little lives be like?!" :rolling: I mean, LAI-KE.

This is actually a classic case of what happens when you put teenagers on selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. I did some work on this in grad school and I will spare you my Tom Cruisesque rant against psychiatric medications but needless to say this young lady's attorney should be using the Prozac Defense. *#*$(#$)#) ruined a few more lives here.

The **** says right on the bottle that it may cause increased suicidal and homicidal thoughts especially in teenagers yet they hand this stuff out to kids like its candy.

I wonder if Sam was on SSRI medication?

Damn Pax now you got me interested in this other case when I barely have enough time to follow the thread on this one! My question is, just my opinion, how can you stomach watching Nancy Grace? She's an ambulance chasing, overdramatic, media crime ratings *advertiser censored*. I will never forget when she had Elizabeth Smart on and disrespected her (an adult addressing a traumatized child) for not wanting to get into unpleasant details of her abduction. Reprehensible as far as I'm concerned. Pretty much a waste of oxygen. Okay I'm gonna put that pukey smiley thing next.

here it comes: :puke:

Yeah, she's terrible and has an awful prosecutor's bias. Also, she tries to act like she's teaching real law.

Watching that too.............unreal huh? Not unbelievable to me......lived beside two 15 year olds that did that killed their parents. Do you believe you are born or made into a killer?
are you talking about the mullens girls?

Oh, absolutely agree, Claudicici ... I just don't recall them being given the chance in any of the interviews we've watched.

I see and respect your feeling here and I agree that there must be a reason for the fact that we've seen nothing from any of the townsfolk that may have interacted with Sam. Either, 1. no one knows about them or 2. they're not talking, for whatever reason.

I feel like the press did a pretty diligent original search. They found the cab driver, and those people at the restaurant that ran into Sam. You would think that had they any credible lead to other people Sam might have encountered, the press would have been all over that. Maybe they just haven't been able to get names. But, with the pervasiveness of social media websites like facebook and twitter, you'd think someone would spill the beans or even boast of encountering Sam.

This is actually a classic case of what happens when you put teenagers on selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. I did some work on this in grad school and I will spare you my Tom Cruisesque rant against psychiatric medications but needless to say this young lady's attorney should be using the Prozac Defense. *#*$(#$)#) ruined a few more lives here.

The **** says right on the bottle that it may cause increased suicidal and homicidal thoughts especially in teenagers yet they hand this stuff out to kids like its candy.

I wonder if Sam was on SSRI medication?[/QUOTE]

I have wondered this myself, and if he was on any kind of this, along with drinking and/or drugs added to it, no telling what twisted his brain cells ...

It isn't the posting of rumors that is the issue if these are appropriately labeled as such, it is the inferences that get made later when we all forget that the information was just a rumor to start with.

I don't think the false jury thing is in the same category. That was clearly false information given the fact that the jury had not yet been selected in this case. Hell, we don't even know there is really going to be a trial yet and given the defense attorney's previous history he seems unlikely to force an expensive and losing battle. Of course if he thinks there is even a glimmer of hope he'll go for it I assume, but a lot I expect depends on the specific forensic results, i.e. if anyone else's DNA was found at the scene or on the weapons.

I would respectfully disagree about the false jury thing and whether or not its in the same category. I think it shows how vulnerable we are to misinformation. The false jury information got stamped out pretty quickly and there was still 3-5 pages of discussion about it.

I think in case like this, we're at the mercy of the unscrupulous troll that purports to be local and purports to have inside local information, but just really wants promotes their agenda of either spreading false information on the case or completely derailing the discussion here. Peace_Gurl and some others have established themselves as legit and vital to our discussion, but I think someone who created their account today with "breaking news" on the case should be met with some scrutiny.

In regards to the cutting on the pic of the young woman in the thread,

What could you do? Seriously. Have them committed, ok, how's that helping? you can talk to them, but they don't want to listen always. It's an addiction, a release almost, of stress, of life, it's serious...

How do you have a daughter or grand daughter or niece or student or friend or daughters friend with arms that look like that and not do something?

Some people are rather adept at hiding this. My ex was at least until she progressed to the point where she didn't even try to.

I see and respect your feeling here and I agree that there must be a reason for the fact that we've seen nothing from any of the townsfolk that may have interacted with Sam. Either, 1. no one knows about them or 2. they're not talking, for whatever reason.

I feel like the press did a pretty diligent original search. They found the cab driver, and those people at the restaurant that ran into Sam. You would think that had they any credible lead to other people Sam might have encountered, the press would have been all over that. Maybe they just haven't been able to get names. But, with the pervasiveness of social media websites like facebook and twitter, you'd think someone would spill the beans or even boast of encountering Sam.

I wonder. For example, we know he went into Kroger's and bought some things. However none of the cashiers were interviewed by the media as far as I can tell.

I wonder. For example, we know he went into Kroger's and bought some things. However none of the cashiers were interviewed by the media as far as I can tell.

Yeah, but its equally as possible that there was nothing newsworthy about it. A clerk at a Kroger's in a college town sees a lot of 20 year olds buying stuff.

I wonder if Sam was on SSRI medication?

But then what do you propose we do with very troubled children/teens? I agree that psychotropic drugs should be used with discretion and caution in this age group, however, the black box warning is explained in great detail to the patient and legal guardian before it is prescribed. Informed consent obtained.

If you have a child/teen who is greatly disturbed, you can make recommendations and stress counselling, but if the patient doesn't follow up with the counselling, then what? Only if you have significant reason can you legally have them committed for a short time (legal rights comes in big time)...then what? The psychiatric community also needs the cooperation of the patient and guardian in these cases which doesn't always happen either.

There are more kids these days who are mentally/emotionally unstable than you would care to know about which is horribly sad.

Its a tough situation for all concerned.

But then what do you propose we do with very troubled children/teens? I agree that psychotropic drugs should be used with discretion and caution in this age group, however, the black box warning is explained in great detail to the patient and legal guardian before it is prescribed. Informed consent obtained.

If you have a child/teen who is greatly disturbed, you can make recommendations and stress counselling, but if the patient doesn't follow up with the counselling, then what? Only if you have significant reason can you legally have them committed for a short time (legal rights comes in big time)...then what? The psychiatric community also needs the cooperation of the patient and guardian in these cases which doesn't always happen either.

There are more kids these days who are mentally/emotionally unstable than you would care to know about which is horribly sad.

so very true Nessa. I work with some emotional disturbed students, and have seen what they go through, and insurance (some have it, most dont), the amount of time the spend in intreatment care and/or outpatient therapy. some families don't follow through with the follow up. some kids are removed, into foster care, so much bureacracy (sp) and such in getting the right kind of help. unfortunately, its a rare situation when all is a win-win. ... I have younger students that are not even in their teens that have had to take these kinds of meds, and its a constant battle as what works, what doesnt, how long to take them, ah, the list can go on. indeed, its a tough situation

I wish I had an answer but I do not. I obviously have very strong feelings about the use of medication that was created and manufactured by the Nazis during world war two for the purpose of numbing people to the atrocities they were witness to.

There have always been troubled kids but these type of kids acting out homicidal fantasys to the extent we see today happens to coincide with the wide spread use of these medications. I cant help but do the math in front of me.

I understand your concern PAX. I honestly don't have an answer either; I don't think anyone does. Kids as young as five years old setting fire to their house because mom wouldn't take him to Wal-Mart when he asked. Trying to hang themselves with necklaces. Sigh

Insurance is a big nuisance too with psychiatry. Insurance doesn't want to pay for axis II diagnoses - personality disorders. So, what do you do? You perhaps have to give another diagnosis that the patient has, but omit the one major one on axis II or at the most give a diagnosis of having traits of a specific personality disorder. Insurance companies have no desire to pay for axis II diagnoses because it is long-term treatment. Borderline personality disorder is more prevalent than statitistics show because of this very reason. As an example, Aileen Wuornos had borderline personality disorder (among others). If BPD crosses with enough antisocial traits then there you have some of the people we see in the news (especially females). :(

I understand your concern PAX. I honestly don't have an answer either; I don't think anyone does. Kids as young as five years old setting fire to their house because mom wouldn't take him to Wal-Mart when he asked. Trying to hang themselves with necklaces. Sigh

Insurance is a big nuisance too with psychiatry. Insurance doesn't want to pay for axis II diagnoses - personality disorders. So, what do you do? You perhaps have to give another diagnosis that the patient has, but omit the one major one on axis II or at the most give a diagnosis of having traits of a specific personality disorder. Insurance companies have no desire to pay for axis II diagnoses because it is long-term treatment. Borderline personality disorder is more prevalent than statitistics show because of this very reason. As an example, Aileen Wuornos had borderline personality disorder (among others). If BPD crosses with enough antisocial traits then there you have some of the people we see in the news (especially females). :(

True IME & IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members