VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets all take a deep breath and relax. Dangrs means no harm to anyone I can assure you that, I think some folks are reading too much in to his comments and without body langauage here on the net it may sometimes seems as if he is saying something other than what he really is. I for one VERY MUCH appreciate him taking his time to share all this info on topic or not, with us, it is all very interesting and as soon as more info comes out about the case I am sure thats EXACTLY what we will all be talking about. In the meantime lets all continue our friendly chat and not take things so personally, so far this has been a great thread with nobody allowing others to upset their vibe and start with personal attacks etc, lets keep it that way my friends!

DM please continue as I very much enjoy everything you have to share and that goes for the rest of you also, you all share something unique.

PINK you are welcome here and we welcome any disagreement you may have with any of our opinions or theories, we have all disagreed with eachother over things many times but the one thing we have done that I dont see in other threads and other forums is that we havent taken such disagreement personally or become offended by it so lets not start now.

I am also aware that myself and emerald may have offended some of the christians here with some of our comments about the bible and I do apologize for that, as a Buddhist I believe in TOLERANCE towards all belief systems but that doesnt mean I always agree with the dogma or doctrines or teachings of any particular religions and I dont see any problem with us discussing those issues like adults without getting offended and trying to prove your god is better than my god and vice versa, it is only discussion and so far it has been very friendly discussion AND I HOPE THAT WILL CONTINUE.

Percy~
So true Pax body lang and tone of voice makes a big difference. Each person in here is unique.

Where is gxm? Va Brown? Charlie chan? Farmvillian? Lot of the ppl from the thread before have not posted on this one.

The past of Longwood University should not be what we are discussing. .

Uh , I am trying to figure out why you are telling us what we should not be discussing !

My friend -- The Tapu-- was gracious enough to welcome you .

Me , I'm not so inclined based on your above statement.

After reading further on this thread , I see this has been discussed.

My take on this is that *pink* made a inflammatory post with the comment. I welcome open minded people and I have found that the closed minded ones dont make for good company .

Where is gxm? Va Brown? Charlie chan? Farmvillian? Lot of the ppl from the thread before have not posted on this one.

Peace-gurl, people come and go from threads all the time. ESPECIALLY when there is no active progress or even new information in the case.

When motions in Sam's trial begin, you can bet that lots of people--prior posters like those you've named as well as brand new ones--will be coming in here to discuss the case with us.

Also, I was thinking of what the scenario would be if we were to take seriously that we might "lose" people. First, how can people guess what topics and tangents might make other people go away? And second, should the people who are posting say, well, I won't post then, and so the whole thread stops?--Why don't those who don't like what's being posted post something they do like and lead the conversation in that direction?

Uh , I am trying to figure out why you are telling us what we should not be discussing !

My friend -- The Tapu-- was gracious enough to welcome you .

Me , I'm not so inclined based on your above statement.

After reading further on this thread , I see this has been discussed.

My take on this is that *pink* made a inflammatory post with the comment. I welcome open minded people and I have found that the closed minded ones dont make for good company .

I don't really know, but it might have something to do with the fact that Chi wasn't the only secret society in Farmville way back when.

Farmville has a rather ugly history actually. It seems that no one in Farmville these days wants to remember the town's history as a place where African Americans were oppressed and denied basic human rights, for example by being denied an education by a city government dominated by members of the KKK.

Perhaps some don't want to think of their nice little town as a place where children were forced to work cutting tobacco without enough food to eat or even clothes to wear as recently as the 1950s and early 1960s.

And clearly some want to ignore the connections between these events and the founding of what became Longwood University and the Longwood secret society known as Chi.

Pax, welcome back ... you really should stay home (this thread) and not head off into hostile lands (that other thread)!!

I was very interested in reading the post that emerald made about the scientists dying. Pretty scary and heavy stuff. After taking it all in, I sat back and said, 'Woah!' I'd love to know more when you're ready.

And emerald, how are you feeling? Is this your first?

Peace-gurl, people come and go from threads all the time. ESPECIALLY when there is no active progress or even new information in the case.

When motions in Sam's trial begin, you can bet that lots of people--prior posters like those you've named as well as brand new ones--will be coming in here to discuss the case with us.

Also, I was thinking of what the scenario would be if we were to take seriously that we might "lose" people. First, how can people guess what topics and tangents might make other people go away? And second, should the people who are posting say, well, I won't post then, and so the whole thread stops?--Why don't those who don't like what's being posted post something they do like and lead the conversation in that direction?

well, i had been trying to keep up with the thread, having gone through 2 funerals in the past week in the family has made it not easy with life for a bit. it took me bout a week to get caught up with this thread. but i'm still around,,, just reading what folks say,,, and learning somethings myself... and disagreeing and agreeing yet not posting yay or nay.

i wonder why nothing more is being said, what have forensics found in their tests, or are tests still being run... the knife with the blood on it for instance,,,, if its not of the scene, then what is it from... for such a brutal crime, from a kid that looks like he couldn't have done this,,, it just boggles my mind, unless as was mentioned at the first that evil could have had a part in this act from Sam,,, (hope i'm remembering right on that 'evil' part)...

I don't really know, but it might have something to do with the fact that Chi wasn't the only secret society in Farmville way back when.

Farmville has a rather ugly history actually. It seems that no one in Farmville these days wants to remember the town's history as a place where African Americans were oppressed and denied basic human rights, for example by being denied an education by a city government dominated by members of the KKK.

Perhaps some don't want to think of their nice little town as a place where children were forced to work cutting tobacco without enough food to eat or even clothes to wear as recently as the 1950s and early 1960s.

And clearly some want to ignore the connections between these events and the founding of what became Longwood University and the Longwood secret society known as Chi.

i noticed this too,,,, it reminds me of the riots and cruelties that happened in the history of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Many folks don't want to remember those times,,, And in the native american world, alot of history is either made in a 'rose colored' fashion or over looked, or not written in the books as facts, to distort what really happened... some folks wish to not see into whats there, all the atrocities involved, imo

Here's an interesting description of hazing and early secret society practices at the Normal School in Farmville in 1909 which was right around when Chi was founded. This is from the LoC Farmville Herald archives I linked to previously.

The article of interest is in the upper left corner and it is entitled "Fun at the Normal". http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn94059373/1909-10-08/ed-1/seq-1/

It is a bit hard to read, but please note the bit "She entered the mysteries and emerged smiling." Hmm.

It is also worth mentioning that based on my research the founders of the Farmville Female Seminary Association and the Normal School likely would not approve at all of the placing statues of a Catholic saint at the school.

Just wanna jump in here and say I love this silly ole thread and the places it has been.
dgrmindss and pax have opened my eyes even further than I thought they could be.
I don't believe in numbers matching up to things, unless you want them to but,I may be wrong.

Here's an interesting description of hazing and early secret society practices at the Normal School in Farmville in 1909 which was right around when Chi was founded. This is from the LoC Farmville Herald archives I linked to previously.

The article of interest is in the upper left corner and it is entitled "Fun at the Normal". http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn94059373/1909-10-08/ed-1/seq-1/

It is a bit hard to read, but please note the bit "She entered the mysteries and emerged smiling." Hmm.

It is also worth mentioning that based on my research the founders of the Farmville Female Seminary Association and the Normal School likely would not approve at all of the placing statues of a Catholic saint at the school.

I thought that was a little odd. Not a lot of Catholics in Southern VA. You've probably seen the JMU history site with an explanation of their Joan. http://www.jmu.edu/centennialcelebration/joan.shtml

Joan of Arc was apparently popular at women's colleges around that time. I don't know that there is any connection, but I wonder if the women's clothing reform movement had anything to do with that.

It sounds to me like you are trying to make an excuse for why Sam committed such a crime. Sensitive or not, what Sam did was heinous and inexcusable. Also, why does it matter if Emma would have “grown” out of her “phase” or not? I thought the discussion was on what happened, not what would have happened.
And a "beautifully kept house," huh? This may not have been the case at all. In fact, it has come to my attention that their house was quite the opposite on the inside. I am a Longwood University student and don’t know of anyone who would describe Professor Kelly as “eloquently” speaking. A respectable woman, yes, she was indeed an educator. But, she was a very approachable woman. And as for Emma speaking “eloquently,” yeah, I can see that now… her speaking “eloquently” as she smoked a bong. Yeah, right!

http://cfc.wset.com/videoondemand.cfm?id=49050

hey pinklily,I was not trying to make excuses for Sam,as always I was just tyrying to understand what makes someone snap...it's great to have someone here that actually knows Professor Kelly,I'd love to hear everything you know about her....as for you "jumping" into the thread and making assumptions,I did the same thing when i started I read the first two threads in like 15min. and jumped over a lot of things and just felt the need to defend SKR just like you do with Longwood...(remember guys,heroine used to tell me all the time :READ THE THREAD...and I was like I DID ,lol ,the old times)
...then I got addicted to this thing and you'll see it's really interesting to look into different possibilities...and if I ever offended any christians on the thread I apologize,but frankly christians seem to be offended simply by people not being christians....

Those who are interested in this subject might find this article interesting: http://www.cuttingedge.org/NEWS/n1980.cfm

Recall that the secret society known as Chi originally used a red skull and bones as their symbol, but later changed it to the letter "X" and the Rotunda symbol.

It seems almost certain therefore that the founders of Chi were associated with Masonry and also the KKK. These groups not only pursued various racist policies in the south at this time, but they also engage in occult (remember occult just means "hidden") practices. And these practices continue today at Longwood in the form of the Chi burning and Chi walks.

Questions:

Q: Are you saying Chi was involved in the murders?
A: No.

Q: Are you saying that there are secret tunnels connected to the basement at 505 1st street?
A: No. As far as I know there are no secret tunnels on the west side of the campus.

Q: How is this relevant to the case?
A: This case involves occult practices and references not only in the horrorcore music which the murderer and his victims listened to, but also by numerous others in the town where the murders were committed. There is a 100+ year history of engaging in these practices, predating the existence of the University as well as a local history of terrible cruelty and racism. I'm saying Farmville has bad "juju".

665px-Ju-ju_house.png

"juju house showing fetishised skulls and bones"

I thought that was a little odd. Not a lot of Catholics in Southern VA. You've probably seen the JMU history site with an explanation of their Joan. http://www.jmu.edu/centennialcelebration/joan.shtml

Joan of Arc was apparently popular at women's colleges around that time. I don't know that there is any connection, but I wonder if the women's clothing reform movement had anything to do with that.

No I hadn't seen this article, although I had discovered there was more than one "Joanie on the Stony" out there. Good catch blou.

Charlie Chan is still here. Lurking, learning & searching. Not that most of you need it but Charlie Chan says, "Mind is like parachute--Only function when open--LOL.

:seeya: Hi, Charlie Chan! Good saying....

Sam's next court date is January 19th, not the 10th. I coulda swore I read it was the tenth. Well hell! That makes it about 34 more days. I too have been doing more lurking than posting lately but continue to enjoy following the thread. Any newcomer truly needs to read the entire thread, from day one, to understand why we are where we are right now. Until new information comes to light we are in a limbo of tangential discussions and I see nothing wrong with this. I am learning many new things and have, at fellow posters' suggestions, added many a book title to my already long list of books to read.

So carry on everyone! We're bound to be hanging out quite a long time together until this case reaches resolution. And maybe (hopefully) even longer than that.

and if I ever offended any christians on the thread I apologize,but frankly christians seem to be offended simply by people not being christians....

No problems here, but you have to realize a lot of us christians spend a good bit of time defending our beliefs (both to other denominations and non-christians) which makes us more prone to become defensive when comments are made. Some others are like you say, but those are easy to pick out (you've never had "fun" until you get into an argument with someone who can only quote Scripture passages).

Since we've been talking about different forms of music and song meanings, I've been reading a rather ridiculous thread on a Catholic forum I like to frequent. The subject: The somewhat traditional Christmas song "Mary did You Know?" and how it's heretical to Catholic beliefs and shouldn't be performed at a church function.

Here are the words:

"Mary Did You Know"

[Originally written by Mark Lowry and Buddy Greene]

Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy would one day walk on water?
Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know
that your Baby Boy has come to make you new?
This Child that you delivered will soon deliver you.

Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy will calm the storm with His hand?
Did you know
that your Baby Boy has walked where angels trod?
When you kiss your little Baby you kissed the face of God?

Mary did you know.. Ooo Ooo Ooo

The blind will see.
The deaf will hear.
The dead will live again.
The lame will leap.
The dumb will speak
The praises of The Lamb.

Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy would one day rule the nations?
Did you know
that your Baby Boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
The sleeping Child you're holding is the Great, I Am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx