VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they come out with a new 40th Anniversary Edition of The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross.
http://www.johnallegro.org/main/

John Allegro was a scholar well versed in ancient Near Eastern languages who worked on the team that translated and analyzed the Dead Sea Scrolls. He wrote The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross about his highly controversial theory that Christianity's origin was in an ancient, Hebrew if I recall correctly, cult that used Amanita Muscaria mushrooms. He wrecked his career with that.

Allegro's theory was that the mushroom cultists were persecuted and had to hide their ritual formulas in stories that became the basis of the Christian stories regarding Jesus and his followers. It's been about 20 years since I've read it, but I'm going to have to give it a look again. Since there is a new edition that has just been released, there may be some interesting discussion around it. It's interesting that both Jesus and Santa Claus might be explained by Amanita use.

Christmas is something I could take or leave. Easter on the other hand though, I love. I lived in Turkey in the early 70's when I was about 7 and 8. We travelled a lot, and went to Ephesus for Easter. My parents were only sort of Christian, so I think it was really just because we were free on a school break. The environment there was much more heavily vegetated in ancient times, but it was really spectacular in the early spring when I was there. I can easily see why that would be cause for celebration. That trip fixed in my mind this image of the Ephesian version of Artemis as what Easter is really all about.

Artemis_of_Ephesus.jpg

I've loved this sculpture of a dancer and gazelles by Paul Manship ever since I first saw it. I used to always visit the one in the National Gallery every time I went to D.C. I still visit as often as I can. I didn't make the connection for a long time, but although it's stylistically more influenced by Persian and Assyrian art it's clearly the same motif.
paulmanshipdancerandgazellesbr.jpg

The gestures Manship's dancer makes are closer to this than the archaic pose of the Ephesian artemis. I often find myself doing the same thing Artemis is doing with her cat, so I like this one.
artemis.jpg

It's from a 6th century B.C. vase and is actually far more modern than the Ephesian statue which is from the 1st century A.D. That just goes to show how persistent forms can be once they are imbued with ritual significance. Something very similar to the headdress Artemis wears in the Ephesian sculptures can still be seen in women's wedding adornment in areas as far flung as Morocco and Uzbekistan, not to mention in countless images of Byzantine women. BTW, if you look closely at the image from the vase, you will find the "x" or chi with 4 dots.

This is terrific stuff thanks for sharing. I really love to study art for its more subtle hidden and esoteric meanings and I do believe most art has these meanings within and very few are aware of it because as you say they only look at it on the surface and then move on. There are some works of art that you could spend an entire lifetime trying to make sense of if you really wanted to.

A few of my favs:

800px-forbidden_fruit.jpg

Lucifer:

lucifer-an-angel-of-music.jpg

And this Divinci painting is one of the most controversial christian paintings ever. I wont spill the beans and ruin the fun but it is FULL of esotericism and NOT what it appears to be, MUCH like the Last Supper which itself is highly charged and controversial to those who have really studied it (and no, fvck Dan Brown).

artanne-mary-jesus-davinci-1508.jpg

This is terrific stuff thanks for sharing. I really love to study art for its more subtle hidden and esoteric meanings and I do believe most art has these meanings within and very few are aware of it because as you say they only look at it on the surface and then move on. There are some works of art that you could spend an entire lifetime trying to make sense of if you really wanted to.

A few of my favs:

800px-forbidden_fruit.jpg

Lucifer:

lucifer-an-angel-of-music.jpg

And this Divinci painting is one of the most controversial christian paintings ever. I wont spill the beans and ruin the fun but it is FULL of esotericism and NOT what it appears to be, MUCH like the Last Supper which itself is highly charged and controversial to those who have really studied it (and no, fvck Dan Brown).

artanne-mary-jesus-davinci-1508.jpg

Interesting that key necklaces are popular right now:

demi-lovato-lax-lovely-03.jpg

OT: Pax and Blou, have either of you read Jay Kinney's The Masonic Myth?

I picked it up a few weeks back and I have been cruising through it. He's essentially arguing that all of the theories about Masonic conspiracies and the Knights Templar are bogus and based on understandable but incorrect readings of Masonic history. Some very good information in this book which I hadn't heard before.

He really had me going there for a while too until he argued that the esoteric use of the pentagram employed as the symbol of the Order of the Eastern Star originated in Masonry and predates it's use as either "Wiccan or satanic symbols and has no connection to them."

What?

Now Wicca is a modern religion so I can accept that statement, however the use of pentagrams dates back much further than Wicca at least to Aggripa and the Pythagoreans. It certainly predates Kinney's own dates for the origins of esoteric Freemasonry in the 1700s. The Sumerians and Babylonians also used it.

Esoteric history FAIL.

I note that Kinney was the editor of Gnosis magazine and most certainly knows about these earlier uses just as I do. I therefore conclude he's lying here about the use of the symbol by the OES. Why?

I solicit your thoughts and comments.

Interesting that key necklaces are popular right now:

demi-lovato-lax-lovely-03.jpg

HA! Nice catch!

I own and have read the Masonic Myth. Fun book with a lot of interesting information. I also used to read the authors magazine "Gnosis Magazine" one of the best publications I have ever read, each one was so full of all sorts of cool information.

I will say however that I have no doubt that he has an agenda to protect and cover up some things about Masonry that they dont want us to know and that is mainly because the overall membership in lodges worldwide has been waaaaay down for a while now and that is mostly because of the internet and all the information you can read about masonry here.

Here is today's homework:

Taxil Hoax, read about that and lets discuss. It is where the whole Mason devil worshiper stuff started.

Haha now thats my style!

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you all, I have enjoyed our time together and after ten plus years on various forums I can say without any doubt that this is the best group of posters that I have had the pleasure to hang around with, each of you bring to the table something special and unique and I look forward to many more months together as we await the trial and hopefully even after the whole syko sam thing is over we can create our own thread somewhere on here and just hang out and chit chat like we have been the last month, its been great and Blou and DM have really added alot of interesting things lately to make it even more interesting and keep the thread alive, thanks for that guys.

Heroine and Eric and some of the rest of you who have been missing lately, do check in and say hello, we miss your contributions!

Happy Holidays from Percy and Emmy and the kiddies~~

lol...

Well, it is a faux crucifixion which was a method of torture and execution in its day. The "victims" here are wearing hoods that cover their faces and eyes like the Chi hoods. The rest of the outfit is a bit different I admit.

However I still haven't seen an example of the use of a hood with no eye holes for a positive purpose, it always represents helplessness, death and/or torture.

I humbly submit that this was the exact meaning intended by the originators of the Chi walk tradition as well.

Even in S/M play, which might involve hoods which restrict seeing and even breathing as well as elements of humiliation and torture, a very strong element of trust has to exist among the participants. There are rules of etiquette (all hail spell check!) not to mention safety which need to be observed. A person submitting to that sort of restraint has to trust that the people to whom he/she relinquishes control will not violate those rules.

I would suggest that something similar occurs during that sort of hazing as part of an initiation. A voluntary hooding might just as easily be read as a statement that an initiate is willing to suppress his/her own individuality for the good of the group and trust that the group is there in some fashion as a reliable protector.

yeah,now i know which questions not to ask...jk,but the reason i was asking about myspace is because I was wondering if you know any of the older posts between him and emma,like how the whole thing evolved,I've read that it was kind of a "secret" relationship but I only read the newer posts and they're obvious....but I was wondering if you know if Emma was coming on that strong in the beginning also,like really make him feel she was totally into him from the beginning....

Sorry it took so long for me to respond to this claudicici, I just now seen this! Lol.
And no I don't know much about what was going on with him and Emma. The past few months before him going to Farmville I really didn't talk to him much cause I was without internet for quite a while, before that happened though I didn't see anything from her on his page and he never mentioned anything about her to me, so either they just recently started seeing each other or they was just being super secretive about it...Your guess is as good as mine.

I would also like to wish everyone here a merry Christmas (or whatever it is that you might celebrate)!
Don't drink too much eggnog everyone :dance:

I am pretty sure I saw Santa kissing mom underneath the mistletoe last night...
DM can you find evidence?

I am pretty sure I saw Santa kissing mom underneath the mistletoe last night...
DM can you find evidence?

Hank, that was part of the druid ceremony we were discussing on thread #5 :santa: Or it could have been from the alien part of thread #4 :angel:

oh yes the old argument,Gene Simmons claims he was the one ,when really it was John Lennon,the heavy metal pioneer

http://earcandy_mag.tripod.com/lennon-hm-pic.jpg

This gesture has been used for at least hundreds of years both as the Karana mudra and the corna which is an insulting gesture or curse...

"The Karana mudrā is the mudrā which expels demons and removes obstacles such as sickness or negative thoughts. It is made by raising the index and the little finger, and folding the other fingers. It is the same as the rude gesture known as corna in many western countries. (This mudrā is also known as Tarjanī mudrā; Japanese: Funnu-in, Fudō-in)."

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudra

karana_mudra.jpg

Also in Hawaii a similar but somewhat different gesture is known as the "shaka sign"

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaka_sign

Shaka-sign.png

Even in S/M play, which might involve hoods which restrict seeing and even breathing as well as elements of humiliation and torture, a very strong element of trust has to exist among the participants. There are rules of etiquette (all hail spell check!) not to mention safety which need to be observed. A person submitting to that sort of restraint has to trust that the people to whom he/she relinquishes control will not violate those rules.

I would suggest that something similar occurs during that sort of hazing as part of an initiation. A voluntary hooding might just as easily be read as a statement that an initiate is willing to suppress his/her own individuality for the good of the group and trust that the group is there in some fashion as a reliable protector.

Well there are both the people participating in the ritual, which is not a hazing ritual, and the people observing the walk. As you have previously pointed out the symbol's interpretation depends on who is doing the interpreting.

Wow, the holiday is over, for the most part. I feel full, with an alcohol and emotional hangover...I guess I don't like how off schedule and off track I get during the holidays.

Want to wish all the posters here a Happy Holiday - belated but hope you made it through to the other side of Christmas. whew.

That drawing of Lucifer looks like Michael Jackson in the face.

Couldn't help but think of the families of the victims and wonder how they made it through. So sad.

A new year is coming with new information, new insights and by that time I hope to have a better grip on some of this stuff.

Wow, the holiday is over, for the most part. I feel full, with an alcohol and emotional hangover...I guess I don't like how off schedule and off track I get during the holidays.

Want to wish all the posters here a Happy Holiday - belated but hope you made it through to the other side of Christmas. whew.

That drawing of Lucifer looks like Michael Jackson in the face.

Couldn't help but think of the families of the victims and wonder how they made it through. So sad.

A new year is coming with new information, new insights and by that time I hope to have a better grip on some of this stuff.

I agree about MJ, and I think it is a pretty weird picture actually.

The holidays are always good for some family drama. My sister created some as usual and it ain't even over yet. Luckily the champagne is on ice and vodka is available as needed.

Don't feel bad, my presence here at mr. zig's caused his stubborn 16 year old son to hole up in his room and never come out and join us for two days - he's so used to getting his way and manipulating and finally mr. zig just said, fine, if he chooses to spend the entire christmas down in his room with X box then it's his stupid choice. We got a tree Xmas eve and decorated it, he's got gifts, we had an incredible dinner...you'd think I'd actully done something horrible to this kid...I just require him to mind his manners and say F U to his dad and show some common respect. The only requirement was to be cordial. Apparently that is asking too much.

So we had our drama too. Life goes on. Spoiled kid of divorced parents who takes on the sociopathy of his mother, unfortunately.

I love that pic too. I reminds me of the Red Room in the Black Lodge of Twin Peaks. Where they trade in Garmonbozia. . .

I hope everyone is enjoying this time of celebration in whatever Spirit best suits your beliefs. I am thankful to have met all of you on here. I truly believe there is no such thing as having too many friends.

***bang bang bang***

help im trapped in appalachia without an internet connection had to drive all over the county just to post this from the car not sure can make it another day

help help bang bang bang******

I love that pic too. I reminds me of the Red Room in the Black Lodge of Twin Peaks. Where they trade in Garmonbozia. . .

I hope everyone is enjoying this time of celebration in whatever Spirit best suits your beliefs. I am thankful to have met all of you on here. I truly believe there is no such thing as having too many friends.

Oooooh a Twin Peaks fan. Love it and studied it for years along with everything else David Lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee