VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the dictionary definition of a term, there is something called "connotation." Look that up. But meanwhile:

If a group and their advocates hold in disfavor a word used to describe them, then out of respect the civilized person does not use that term. For example, disabled people generally deplore the word cripple, and so we would not, I wouldn't think, persist in calling them "cripples." The same then for retarded. Unless... you think these are people who are undeserving of respect, in which case, that is more about you than them.
Thanks for clarifying that. Maybe someone should tell it to the State of Virginia and the Supreme Court.

Oh hey Sizzle...why do I have a hunch you are Liz M?

Anyway, I think Sam's gotta pay for what he did, but that won't deter me from looking at the facts when they all come out, as to what his family life was like and what may have caused Sam to be a cold-blooded killer, if indeed, that is how it went down. Kids can have it pretty rough these days and I will feel compassion for him, but I also know that as bad as Sam had it, or may have had it; there are many more who've had it WORSE and they did not end up like Sam.

There is much information missing so at this time I'd say he belongs where he is, but getting a few books doesn't bother me at all and I'm usually a hard *advertiser censored* on that kind of stuff. For some unknown reason, Sam tweaks my pity nerve a little bit. As facts emerge, however that could disappear very quickly!

Was there an SKR influence? That will be even more interesting to me and I hope LE has not dropped the ball on investigating that angle.

And P.S. to Liz: your profile pic of little Caylee is only there to further sales of your new CD with the song about her on one of the tracks. Way to use a popular case in the media to try and get attention for your pathetic attempt at rap with the ghetto enunciation of Katie Couric, for Gawd's sake. Here's the knee slapper though, many of your "fans" will finally grow up, get a clue and leave and the ones that don't won't amount to enough in this world to afford to support your 'art'. Funny huh?
His family life did not make him a killer, it was his choice.

There is much outdated language in the law. We were in the context of civilized discussion. We being non-inclusive there.

Now let us have no more of this.

Could it be she is like her "twin cousin?"

Sure anything is possible....

Do you mean specifically that peace_gurl was also one of the "LD kids" in school, just like her "twin cousin" Brandon?

Or are you were saying she is also a liar, as she also stated her own "twin cousin" to be?

Or maybe you just mean peace_gurl is also a high school student?

Now that last hypothesis seems plausible given how much peace_gurl has claimed to know about the whereabouts and social interactions of Farmville's teenagers. But then again, maybe this part isn't exactly true.

I hear the sizzle, but I don't see the steak.

Hey all I haven't followed this thread much in a while. Is the preliminary hearing still suppose to be held today or has it changed. I've seen 3 different dates thrown around. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for clarifying that. Maybe someone should tell it to the State of Virginia and the Supreme Court.

You are arguing about language with a linguist? That's funny.

If you look into older American case law you'll also find the word "negro" used commonly. But most people don't use that word anymore because it is considered derogatory by most African Americans.

Just like "retarded".

Hey all I haven't followed this thread much in a while. Is the preliminary hearing still suppose to be held today or has it changed. I've seen 3 different dates thrown around. Thanks in advance.

I think the hearing date is the 19th. Today is the 11th, and I haven't heard anyone suggest that date.

This is just a hearing to set a trial date, and one supposes to make various motions such as a change of venue. So I personally don't expect much new information to be released. We shall see.

I think the hearing date is the 19th. Today is the 11th, and I haven't heard anyone suggest that date.

This is just a hearing to set a trial date, and one supposes to make various motions such as a change of venue. So I personally don't expect much new information to be released. We shall see.

Thanks for the reply Dangrs. I have found in a few places where the 11th was stated. But I know that you've followed this alot closer than me.
One place I saw it was (http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?s=11160652&clienttype=printable)

FARMVILLE, Va. (AP) -- An aspiring California rapper suspected in the slayings of a Virginia pastor and three other people will remain in jail following his first court appearance.

Richard Alden Samuel McCroskey III appeared Monday by video conference in Prince Edward County court. He was given a court-appointed attorney and a preliminary hearing was set for Jan. 11.

McCroskey is charged with murder in the death of Mark Niederbrock, a pastor at a Presbyterian church in central Virginia.

Niederbrock was one of four people found dead Friday at the home of a college professor in Farmville, about 50 miles west of Richmond.

The 20-year-old McCroskey raps under the name Syko Sam in the horrorcore genre, which sets violent lyrics to hip-hop beats.

McCroskey was arrested at the Richmond airport Saturday.

Sure anything is possible....

Do you mean specifically that peace_gurl was also one of the "LD kids" in school, just like her "twin cousin" Brandon?

Or are you were saying she is also a liar, as she also stated her own "twin cousin" to be?

Or maybe you just mean peace_gurl is also a high school student?

Now that last hypothesis seems plausible given how much peace_gurl has claimed to know about the whereabouts and social interactions of Farmville's teenagers. But then again, maybe this part isn't exactly true.

I hear the sizzle, but I don't see the steak.
No, I was suggesting that maybe you think peace is retarded like her cousin.

Sorry for the R word Taup; are you the mother of the group???

No, I was suggesting that maybe you think peace is retarded like her cousin.

Sorry for the R word Taup; are you the mother of the group???

Nope. Sorry. I do not think that peace_gurl is "retarded".

Care to play again?

Thanks for the reply Dangrs. I have found in a few places where the 11th was stated. But I know that you've followed this alot closer than me.
One place I saw it was (http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?s=11160652&clienttype=printable)

FARMVILLE, Va. (AP) -- An aspiring California rapper suspected in the slayings of a Virginia pastor and three other people will remain in jail following his first court appearance.

Richard Alden Samuel McCroskey III appeared Monday by video conference in Prince Edward County court. He was given a court-appointed attorney and a preliminary hearing was set for Jan. 11.

McCroskey is charged with murder in the death of Mark Niederbrock, a pastor at a Presbyterian church in central Virginia.

Niederbrock was one of four people found dead Friday at the home of a college professor in Farmville, about 50 miles west of Richmond.

The 20-year-old McCroskey raps under the name Syko Sam in the horrorcore genre, which sets violent lyrics to hip-hop beats.

Well, I'll watch my news alerts but I think it is the 19th.

I don't know the "experts" make it look so predictable...if it was so predictible it shouldn't even happen...I don't believe it's just people with bi polar or any other mental disorders that can snap within hours,I believe the 'psychological build up" could happen completely unconsciously eg maybe in sam's case the mom cheating and then leaving the family....maybe he was using his "art" horrorcore subconsciously to deal with his feelings,never realizing the urge to kill was far too real....

I agree the entire process might be unconscious.

Don't confuse the existence of an understood mental process with predictability though. Even when you can write down the equations governing a physical system or a human decision process you can't always predict its future evolution.

See also: http://www.zeuscat.com/andrew/chaos/

owlmask.gif

I think I may have posted that date on here and this must be the article I got it from. I was confused myself when, a few weeks later, I found out it was the 19th. . .

Prince Edward County Circuit - Criminal Division
Case Details
Case Number:
CR09000463-00 Filed:
10/16/2009 Commenced by:
Direct Indictment Locality:
COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant:
MCCROSKEY, RICHARD SAMUEL ALDE Sex:
Male Race:
White Caucasian DOB:
12/26/****
Address:
FARMVILLE, VIRGINIA 23901
Charge:
CAP MURDER MULT PERSONS IN 3Y Code Section:
18.2-31 Charge Type:
Felony Class:
Offense Date:
09/13/2009 Arrest Date:
11/03/2009

Hearings

# Date Time Type Room Plea Duration Jury Result
1 10/19/2009 9:30AM Grand Jury True Bill/Arrested on Capias
2 11/03/2009 9:30AM Appoint Counsel Continued
3 01/19/2010 9:30AM To Be Set

Final Disposition
Disposition Code:
Disposition Date:
Concluded By:

Amended Charge:
Amended Code Section:
Amended Charge Type:

Jail/Penitentiary:
Concurrent/Consecutive:
Life/Death:

Sentence Time:
Sentence Suspended:
Operator License Suspension Time:

Fine Amount:
Costs:
Fines/Cost Paid:

Program Type:
Probation Type:
Probation Time:

Probation Starts:
Court/DMV Surrender:
Driver Improvement Clinic:

Driving Restrictions:
Restriction Start Date:
Restriction End Date:

VA Alcohol Safety Action:
Restitution Paid:
Restitution Amount:

Military:
Traffic Fatality:

Appealed Date:

Build #: 3.6.12

I don't ever post on this thread, but I just have to say, "Ha!!!" That made me laugh.
That made me laugh as well !

Ha ! And DNGRS comment :
" I hear the sizzle , but dont see the steak" aint bad either !

And of course , my tag line is
"Here Kitty,Kitty, Kitty.................."

We do not know the facts of the case. That remains the bottom line. And again if it does turn out that he murdered them, for whatever reason, I personally do not believe it is our place to judge him, there are any number of reasons why a person might snap and do what Sam allegedly did and I am quite certain that each and every one of us has what it takes to do the same given the right situation and circumstances.

In any case Sam is a human being and I get no real pleasure in the suffering of others even those who may seemingly deserve it most. Forgiveness is not easy, forgiving those who least deserve it is even harder but I am certain that learning to do so is the only true way to peace and happiness and freedom from that which otherwise consumes and destroys you.

I get no pleasure any him or anyone suffering either. I was just commenting on what he did being labeled a "mistake". I generally equate a mistake with something done accidentally.

"but I do know that with all those white sheets & hoods hanging up in them Farmville closets , that it was only a matter of time before "something evil walked their way". "
So you have seen white sheets and hoods in Farmville? Where, When, Who owns them?

I have seen them.......

I get no pleasure any him or anyone suffering either. I was just commenting on what he did being labeled a "mistake". I generally equate a mistake with something done accidentally.

I hate to bore you all with more ceramics.... :)

but I think you can say someone makes a bad decision, that he or she regrets, and that is a mistake. At least in common parlance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne