DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely a linguist can find some more?

dyad -- yadday
dyads -- yadsday

shyahs -- yahsshay parts of a "recurve" bow

nyan -- yannay Japanese word for meow

I try not to engage in competitive linguistics. It'd be unfair.

...that's another thing Pax,I don't see his struggle of fighting it,he's talking about the urge to torture and murder woman at the age of 10 !!!! as a great turn on,there's no mention of him trying to struggle against it.....I don't believe him,I don't believe a word he says about the rape either....I'm not even creeped out anymore ,I'm just really mad....I don't know why I take him (cos I will never give him the satisfaction of calling him her anymore) so personally....

That's exactly it,danger,I'm not easily disturbed and especially the Black Dahlia case never disturbed me,I was obsessed with that case a long time ago and the images of her body always seemed like an eerily beautiful work of art to me.I always found it consoling to see how beautiful she was in death.Seeing her on his site for the first time made me see the horror of it and I wanted to get her out of his nasty site....and yes,I don't think I've ever read anything about suicide where I did not feel sadness and compassion until I read his account.....and I always felt like he's enjoying it to make people feel that way....or his coming out piece,I think it's an insult to people who actually have to go through being trapped in the wrong body,I always felt sooo much for people that have to endure it....but again he just drags it through the dirt,I don't know Pax I'm sorry but this guy makes me so angry.

I understand exactly where youre coming from and I do not disagree with you at all but you are genuinely disturbed and expressing how this experience has made you feel and that is perfectly ok. It is different than just flapping your gums and calling him names because its the easy and cool thing to do.

I seen him referred to as a freak show by several others. That was acceptable in 1848 perhaps but this is 2010 for chrissake, have we made no progress at all.

Bigotry is bigotry doesnt matter if its against race, gender, sexual orientation or religious creed. Its bigotry nonetheless and I have zero tolerance for it. Many people would take issue with a person who called an African American the N word but its perfectly ok to refer to someone like Monet as a freak show. Thats the most hypocritical crap I have ever heard in my life. Bigotry is never ok no matter what size or shape it comes in.

I try not to engage in competitive linguistics. It'd be unfair.

The Wit of the Staircase:
From the French phrase 'esprit d'escalier,' literally, it means 'the wit of the staircase', and usually refers to the perfect witty response.

...that's another thing Pax,I don't see his struggle of fighting it,he's talking about the urge to torture and murder woman at the age of 10 !!!! as a great turn on,there's no mention of him trying to struggle against it.....I don't believe him,I don't believe a word he says about the rape either....I'm not even creeped out anymore ,I'm just really mad....I don't know why I take him (cos I will never give him the satisfaction of calling him her anymore) so personally....

Well sans evidence of previous rapes or murders we would have to assume he did indeed fight those urges somewhat admirably for 50 years. His own ex wife doesnt seem too disturbed by him and seemingly suggests he was a big joke so he obviously was not a voilent husband or father outwardly at least.

I understand exactly where youre coming from and I do not disagree with you at all but you are genuinely disturbed and expressing how this experience has made you feel and that is perfectly ok. It is different than just flapping your gums and calling him names because its the easy and cool thing to do.

I seen him referred to as a freak show by several others. That was acceptable in 1848 perhaps but this is 2010 for chrissake, have we made no progress at all.

Bigotry is bigotry doesnt matter if its against race, gender, sexual orientation or religious creed. Its bigotry nonetheless and I have zero tolerance for it. Many people would take issue with a person who called an African American the N word but its perfectly ok to refer to someone like Monet as a freak show. Thats the most hypocritical crap I have ever heard in my life. Bigotry is never ok no matter what size or shape it comes in.

Bigotry against the mentally ill is still widely accepted and often not even seen as bigotry IMO.

And speaking of bigotry and also "angry Jesus", I have to deal with the WBC loons today. Not looking forward to this.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/

Bigotry against the mentally ill is still widely accepted and often not even seen as bigotry IMO.

And speaking of bigotry and also "angry Jesus", I have to deal with the WBC loons today. Not looking forward to this. http://www.godhatesfags.com/

Thats got to be a mental illness in and of itself, eh? How else do you explain such stupidity?

<perk> Deal with how??

They are protesting at public schools here in San Francisco. I don't see how they are allowed to do that when I can't get a permit to play amplified music on the beach, but whatever. And IMO it is just asking for something bad to happen here because of the anger they incite in the gay community. Of course this is exactly what WBC wants it seems.

I have to go into one of the areas where they are protesting and can't avoid it. However I am on strict instructions to behave myself and hopefully won't have to engage with any of these jerks.

They are protesting at public schools here in San Francisco. I don't see how they are allowed to do that when I can't get a permit to play amplified music on the beach, but whatever. And IMO it is just asking for something bad to happen here because of the anger they incite in the gay community. Of course this is exactly what WBC wants it seems.

I have to go into one of the areas where they are protesting and can't avoid it. However I am on strict instructions to behave myself and hopefully won't have to engage with any of these jerks.

Youre a better man than I am. I certainly appreciate a person or organizations right to protest but I also have a right to knock them on their *advertiser censored* if they piss me off.:crazy:

Youre a better man than I am. I certainly appreciate a person or organizations right to protest but I also have a right to knock them on their *advertiser censored* if they piss me off.:crazy:

Kids first, ego second. If you were here I know you'd do the same.

Thats got to be a mental illness in and of itself, eh? How else do you explain such stupidity?

There's no doubt in my mind that some of the people involved with WBC are mentally ill. If you read their writings or watch their videos I think this is pretty clear actually.

Hey she is the ex wife and lived with him so I can understand where she is coming from it is just difficult for me to write someone off so easily as a loser if we havent walked a mile in their shoes. According to Monet she had been fighting this since she was TEN YEARS OLD. Thats a fifty year battle if she died in her sixties. IMO that is sort of an admirable stand against the sort of mental torture this person was suffering from as evidenced by her writings.

In the end yes she did the wrong thing but we arent talking about someone who threw the towel in after one round, she obviously fought this for a long long time yet it seems those around her are the ones with no fight in them.

None of this is an excuse for killing someone, there is never an excuse for that and we also dont know what others around her tried to do to help but the writing was clearly on the wall so whatever they may have done apparently wasnt enough.

IMO society failed this person and others like her. There are ways to help them but it is easier to turn a blind eye to it and let someone else deal with it.
http://bible.cc/proverbs/1-22.htm

>>>
Proverbs 1:22
King James Bible
How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Proverbs 22:1
King James Bible
A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

22:1 We should be more careful to do that by which we may get and keep a good name, than to raise or add unto a great estate. 2. Divine Providence has so ordered it, that some are rich, and others poor, but all are guilty before God; and at the throne of God's grace the poor are as welcome as the rich. 3. Faith foresees the evil coming upon sinners, and looks to Jesus Christ as the sure refuge from the storm. 4. Where the fear of God is, there will be humility. And much is to be enjoyed by it; spiritual riches, and eternal life at last. 5. The way of sin is vexatious and dangerous. But the way of duty is safe and easy. 6. Train children, not in the way they would go, that of their corrupt hearts, but in the way they should go; in which, if you love them, you would have them go. As soon as possible every child should be led to the knowledge of the Saviour. 7. This shows how important it is for every man to keep out of debt. As to the things of this life, there is a difference between the rich and the poor; but let the poor remember, it is the Lord that made the difference. 8. The power which many abuse, will soon fail them. 9. He that seeks to relieve the wants and miseries of others shall be blessed. 10. Profane scoffers and revilers disturb the peace. 11. God will be the Friend of a man in whose spirit there is no guile; this honour have all the saints. 12. God turns the counsels and designs of treacherous men to their own confusion. 13. The slothful man talks of a lion without, but considers not his real danger from the devil, that roaring lion within, and from his own slothfulness, which kills him. 14. The vile sin of licentiousness commonly besots the mind beyond recovery. 15. Sin is foolishness, it is in the heart, there is an inward inclination to sin: children bring it into the world with them; and it cleaves close to the soul. We all need to be corrected by our heavenly Father. 16. We are but stewards, and must distribute what God intrusts to our care, according to his will.

<<<

Compassion is easier since I read ^ these Bible verses yesterday.
I wouldn't want to trade my demons for Monet's, not even on my best day.

dangrsmind, I know you are of sound mind and even tempered, but beware these people. They fund their whole enterprise entirely by getting into altercations with others and suing them.

They used to protest soldiers funerals in the town where I went to college. A huge group of us used to go to stand in front of them and hold American flags, banners, umbrellas, etc to block them from view of the family. The vitriol they spit was unlike anything I'd ever heard before. They will use racial pejoratives, religious pejoratives, anything they can garner from your appearance.

BTW, Pax, when you get tired of being out in Flagstaff and want to get back into the whole lawyering thing, there's plenty of work out here. But, you probably couldn't deal with the cold. 9 degrees right now. Warmed up from 6 this morning.

http://bible.cc/proverbs/1-22.htm

>>>
Proverbs 1:22
King James Bible
How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Proverbs 22:1
King James Bible
A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

22:1 We should be more careful to do that by which we may get and keep a good name, than to raise or add unto a great estate. 2. Divine Providence has so ordered it, that some are rich, and others poor, but all are guilty before God; and at the throne of God's grace the poor are as welcome as the rich. 3. Faith foresees the evil coming upon sinners, and looks to Jesus Christ as the sure refuge from the storm. 4. Where the fear of God is, there will be humility. And much is to be enjoyed by it; spiritual riches, and eternal life at last. 5. The way of sin is vexatious and dangerous. But the way of duty is safe and easy. 6. Train children, not in the way they would go, that of their corrupt hearts, but in the way they should go; in which, if you love them, you would have them go. As soon as possible every child should be led to the knowledge of the Saviour. 7. This shows how important it is for every man to keep out of debt. As to the things of this life, there is a difference between the rich and the poor; but let the poor remember, it is the Lord that made the difference. 8. The power which many abuse, will soon fail them. 9. He that seeks to relieve the wants and miseries of others shall be blessed. 10. Profane scoffers and revilers disturb the peace. 11. God will be the Friend of a man in whose spirit there is no guile; this honour have all the saints. 12. God turns the counsels and designs of treacherous men to their own confusion. 13. The slothful man talks of a lion without, but considers not his real danger from the devil, that roaring lion within, and from his own slothfulness, which kills him. 14. The vile sin of licentiousness commonly besots the mind beyond recovery. 15. Sin is foolishness, it is in the heart, there is an inward inclination to sin: children bring it into the world with them; and it cleaves close to the soul. We all need to be corrected by our heavenly Father. 16. We are but stewards, and must distribute what God intrusts to our care, according to his will.

<<<

Compassion is easier since I read ^ these Bible verses yesterday.
I wouldn't want to trade my demons for Monet's, not even on my best day.
This being the most important for all of us to remember IMO. Whether you are a believer or not this makes good sense:

2. Divine Providence has so ordered it, that some are rich, and others poor, but all are guilty before God; and at the throne of God's grace the poor are as welcome as the rich.

dangrsmind, I know you are of sound mind and even tempered, but beware these people. They fund their whole enterprise entirely by getting into altercations with others and suing them.

They used to protest soldiers funerals in the town where I went to college. A huge group of us used to go to stand in front of them and hold American flags, banners, umbrellas, etc to block them from view of the family. The vitriol they spit was unlike anything I'd ever heard before. They will use racial pejoratives, religious pejoratives, anything they can garner from your appearance.

There's going to be a lot of law enforcement present and the students are mounting their own counter protest. I am not involved in any of that. But there is not much I can do to avoid them given that they are protesting in front of a school where I have to go. I imagine this is part of their strategy in choosing to protest in front of schools and it disgusts me.

BTW, Pax, when you get tired of being out in Flagstaff and want to get back into the whole lawyering thing, there's plenty of work out here. But, you probably couldn't deal with the cold. 9 degrees right now. Warmed up from 6 this morning.

Well hell I am buried in 3 feet of snow right now. Flag is in the northern AZ mountians its a ski resort town. We only came here because the wife had a chance to chair a dept at NAU and actually start a new program from the ground up and since she is younger than I am by 12 years I really wanted her to get this experience on her resume. Once she is done with this project maybe next year she will be applying at big metro universities for dean and admin positions and I will be able to get back in to the mix of things.

Also, I was born and raised way upstate NY in Malone which is near Lake Placid, it doesnt get much colder than that. I do enjoy the AZ sunshine but cold wouldnt scare me away if the opportunity for either of our careers are right. I spent some time in Chicago in the 90s there are not any other cities like it. I could see myself going to Cubs games and living the big city life pretty easily although her and I dream of settling somewhere in Seattle, Portland or the Bay area at some point, we love those areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member