VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hell I am buried in 3 feet of snow right now. Flag is in the northern AZ mountians its a ski resort town. We only came here because the wife had a chance to chair a dept at NAU and actually start a new program from the ground up and since she is younger than I am by 12 years I really wanted her to get this experience on her resume. Once she is done with this project maybe next year she will be applying at big metro universities for dean and admin positions and I will be able to get back in to the mix of things.

Also, I was born and raised way upstate NY in Malone which is near Lake Placid, it doesnt get much colder than that. I do enjoy the AZ sunshine but cold wouldnt scare me away if the opportunity for either of our careers are right. I spent some time in Chicago in the 90s there are not any other cities like it. I could see myself going to Cubs games and living the big city life pretty easily although her and I dream of settling somewhere in Seattle, Portland or the Bay area at some point, we love those areas.

Cubs? pfff. If you want to go to a beer garden you go to cubs games. If you want to watch baseball you go to WhiteSox games.

dangrsmind, I know you are of sound mind and even tempered, but beware these people. They fund their whole enterprise entirely by getting into altercations with others and suing them.

They used to protest soldiers funerals in the town where I went to college. A huge group of us used to go to stand in front of them and hold American flags, banners, umbrellas, etc to block them from view of the family. The vitriol they spit was unlike anything I'd ever heard before. They will use racial pejoratives, religious pejoratives, anything they can garner from your appearance.

I have seen them protesting in front of the synagogues my family has attended in the past with big signs saying "JEWS KILLED JESUS."

Its a conflicting situation for me. As a lawyer I would defend their right to free speech without hesitation, but as a Jew they piss me off. Also there is a fine line between free speech protest and incitation and they often cross it.

I have seen them protesting in front of the synagogues my family has attended in the past with big signs saying "JEWS KILLED JESUS."

Its a conflicting situation for me. As a lawyer I would defend their right to free speech without hesitation, but as a Jew they piss me off. Also there is a fine line between free speech protest and incitation and they often cross it.

Free speech is a double-edged sword.

Well hell I am buried in 3 feet of snow right now. Flag is in the northern AZ mountians its a ski resort town. We only came here because the wife had a chance to chair a dept at NAU and actually start a new program from the ground up and since she is younger than I am by 12 years I really wanted her to get this experience on her resume. Once she is done with this project maybe next year she will be applying at big metro universities for dean and admin positions and I will be able to get back in to the mix of things.

Also, I was born and raised way upstate NY in Malone which is near Lake Placid, it doesnt get much colder than that. I do enjoy the AZ sunshine but cold wouldnt scare me away if the opportunity for either of our careers are right. I spent some time in Chicago in the 90s there are not any other cities like it. I could see myself going to Cubs games and living the big city life pretty easily although her and I dream of settling somewhere in Seattle, Portland or the Bay area at some point, we love those areas.

My grandparents are from a place near Malone, Bangor. As far as I remember though Bangor was pretty much nothing and you had to go to Malone to even get to a real store. It does get really cold there.

I don't have a problem with them protesting and being offensive, but why do we need to allow this to take place in front of schools? For comparison, I couldn't get a permit to play amplified music at this location under any circumstances as it is in a residential neighborhood. But they can spew hate speech and cause a huge traffic nightmare for an entire high school and apparently that is OK. I don't get it.

And given that WBC purposely tries to incite violence and anger in other people, this all just seems like an opening for a very unfortunate disaster to me. I'm keeping my head down for sure.

I don't have a problem with them protesting and being offensive, but why do we need to allow this to take place in front of schools? For comparison, I couldn't get a permit to play amplified music at this location under any circumstances as it is in a residential neighborhood. But they can spew hate speech and cause a huge traffic nightmare for an entire high school and apparently that is OK. I don't get it.

And given that WBC purposely tries to incite violence and anger in other people, this all just seems like an opening for a very unfortunate disaster to me. I'm keeping my head down for sure.

I absolutely agree that a school isnt the place for this but if you were to limit protest on public property in front of schools then that would be detrimental to PTA or the teachers union or any other school related organization who may wish to protest. This is definitely bad faith on WBC's part but I am not sure we can do anything about it without limiting the rights of those who may be in good faith.

Do they need a permit for this?

Their intent is crystal clear and it has little to do with loving God...wtf demonstrating in front of high schools??? I am not that cultured in what God likes and does not, however I do recall that God hates the sin but not the sinner. Same with me except I don't hate the sinner, I just want them locked up if dangerous...and these people seem way more dangerous than any gay people I've ever met. Crazy world.

Edited to add: on my work computer the server would not let me access that site - because of the "hate"...

Their intent is crystal clear and it has little to do with loving God...wtf demonstrating in front of high schools??? I am not that cultured in what God likes and does not, however I do recall that God hates the sin but not the sinner. Same with me except I don't hate the sinner, I just want them locked up if dangerous...and these people seem way more dangerous than any gay people I've ever met. Crazy world.

Edited to add: on my work computer the server would not let me access that site - because of the "hate"...

How much you want to bet a good percentage of those WBC protesters are homosexuals themselves but are too chicken**** to embrace who they really are.

You know deep inside they want to let it all hang out:

newyorkgaypride45.jpg

I absolutely agree that a school isnt the place for this but if you were to limit protest on public property in front of schools then that would be detrimental to PTA or the teachers union or any other school related organization who may wish to protest. This is definitely bad faith on WBC's part but I am not sure we can do anything about it without limiting the rights of those who may be in good faith.

Do they need a permit for this?

It depends on exactly what they do (parading & marching vs. standing) and whether they use amplified sound beyond something like a modest bullhorn. It also depends whether the event is going to interfere with traffic and how many people can be expected to attend. Since this most certainly will interfere with traffic I think they need a permit. At least that is my understanding.

How much you want to bet a good percentage of those WBC protesters are homosexuals themselves but are too chicken**** to embrace who they really are.

You know deep inside they want to let it all hang out:

newyorkgaypride45.jpg

Did someone just trip him? Kind of a weird picture with him laying in the road there...

We also have people walking around completely naked at events here from time to time although they recently banned this at Bay to Breakers. As far as I know all the naked dudes are pretty peaceful, but I have to say a lot of them should keep that **** covered up.

Did someone just trip him? Kind of a weird picture with him laying in the road there...

We also have people walking around completely naked at events here from time to time although they recently banned this at Bay to Breakers. As far as I know all the naked dudes are pretty peaceful, but I have to say a lot of them should keep that **** covered up.

Em and I once accidently stumbled upon the Folsom Street Fair and we were a little shocked at first with so many people walking around stark nude and even having sex in public but we soon saw past that and rather enjoyed ourselves the rest of the time at the shops and booths that they had set up.

We had no idea that it was going on when we got there and several locals perhaps as a joke kept telling us to head that way and check out the big street fair LOL.:angel:

I remember one year being at a San Francisco gay pride parade and some guy asked a cop if he was allowed to carry his beer down to the pier, and the cop said, "Son, there are people down there wearing nothing but gold paint, I don't think anyone is going to worry about your beer."

That's one of those stories you want to submit somewhere like Reader's Digest, or well, maybe not.

Well hell I am buried in 3 feet of snow right now.

Well, if it makes you feel any better we're expected to get about 4-6 inches by Saturday. Yes, I said inches.

Bigotry against the mentally ill is still widely accepted and often not even seen as bigotry IMO.

And speaking of bigotry and also "angry Jesus", I have to deal with the WBC loons today. Not looking forward to this.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/

Those people are idiots, and I apologize to real idiots for even comparing the two.

Anyway, I heard late last week that this group was supposed to be in VA this past Monday protesting at the funeral of the families that were killed in Appomattox last week. I never did hear if they actually did so or not though.

Yeah that sun stuff can be harsh.

It's about 60 and partly sunny here today. Pretty much perfect but not quite bikini weather.

Of course that won't stop the locals from stripping down and slapping on some gold body paint...

Pisses me off I have to wait for summer to wear that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member