VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't take long for them to hatch. Twelve hours according to this: http://www.deh.enr.state.nc.us/phpm/images/pubs/Flies Rev 6-02-06.pdf

Actually I found a few other answers, it seems to be between 8 and 24 hours for them to hatch.

Over on the Caylee forum there is a lot of discussion on this subject. She is thought to have been first placed in the trunk of a car, then her body was dumped but not found until months later. But some details may be able to be pieced together based on larve/maggots/coffin flies, etc. If the experts can figure anything out with that case to aid the timeline knowledge, this one should be a piece of cake. I hope.

Yes the maggots develop much faster than I thought. I am aware of The Body Farm (lived in TN for a while) and entomology; I'm sure there will be plenty of clues to piece the timeline together.

It takes a "special" kind of person to live for days with bodies in the home that are visibly infested with maggots. I had them on my back porch once contained in a fly trap and FREAKED out. Just knowing they were in another room would make my skin crawl.

Shirm has an empire? Bwah ha ha hahahah

So I'm wondering, when and if there is a trial and if photos of the crime scene are released, what will the horrocore crowd do with that information? Will enough time have lapsed that they feel the exploitation and celebration of those murders is fair game and will they treat Sam as any other killer they seem to idolize?

I will bet they will use it in some way to further their "careers".

So I'm wondering, when and if there is a trial and if photos of the crime scene are released, what will the horrocore crowd do with that information? Will enough time have lapsed that they feel the exploitation and celebration of those murders is fair game and will they treat Sam as any other killer they seem to idolize?

No way. I can't believe you'd think such a thing. :biglaugh:

Yes the maggots develop much faster than I thought. I am aware of The Body Farm (lived in TN for a while) and entomology; I'm sure there will be plenty of clues to piece the timeline together.

It takes a "special" kind of person to live for days with bodies in the home that are visibly infested with maggots. I had them on my back porch once contained in a fly trap and FREAKED out. Just knowing they were in another room would make my skin crawl.

You can bet they'll handle it defensively--like everyone is wronging them just for calling them on what they themselves have undeniably been doing--and arrogantly--because that's their response to being losers.

A lot depends on the type of insects involved. To the extent they are known and readily identified, the forensics folks can do a moderately accurate estimate. Some of this used to be more problematic because the identification of the species was based on visual examination and knowledge of the ranges various insects. Both of these are somewhat prone to error, so the time of death estimates can be as well. I understand they now use DNA matching to identify insects larvae with much higher reliability.

As far as using the murders for profit...

Certainly some horrorcore artists have already openly tried to do that. Mars explicitly stated it in a television interview and has posted a "thank you" to Sam on at least two boards I've seen.

SKR has said that they won't directly use the murders in their songs. But then one of their artists have made a tribute song so what exactly they mean here is a bit unclear to me. They are not actually selling a song based on the crimes however.

I do imagine that the murders have brought them some new fans and listeners in addition to some of the unwanted attention they've been complaining about. However I also would guess that has been tapering off lately. Consider the Google Trends data below which shows search volume in relation to news volume.

viz

More here: http://www.google.com/trends?q=horrorcore

ETA: Horrorcore is big in Finland? I thought it was the tango...

Just bought myself a new Toshiba Satellite 17" screen laptop. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about Toshiba. Everything I have read points to Toshiba making the best quality laptop pound for pound all things considered on the market. I am liking this Windows 7 MUCH, MUCH better than that nightmare Windows Vista on my other computers.

Welcome to the thread Splendors, I dont recall you posting previously around these parts. Are you familiar with the case or just now getting started?

Splendor has been around for a while...probably just got bored with our babblings.

ETA: Horrorcore is big in Finland? I thought it was the tango...

The... Finns...?

Hey, you gno how you can tell an outgoing Finn?
He stares at your shoes when he's talking.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha The tapu cracks the tapu's self up!

I'm also well aware of the Body Farm (I'd love to go there-bein a Biology guy and all). The arrival of the various insect species and the gestation period of their larvae is only useful up to a certain point. The more you tighten the time frame, the less reliable it is. If you really wanna throw a wooden shoe into the gears, put all the bodies in a walk-in freezer.

Maggots on my garbage can once - major freakout - caused me to leap away so fast from the can while taking it to the curb. I must have looked like a nutcase if my neighbor happened to be looking. Then I felt like :sick:. Cannot imagine hanging out around them or dead bodies.:waitasec:

Your point is the truth. What do these people expect? Oh, they claim that they just create art, sing about death, mutilation and killing all the time, but no one would ever actually do it. Let's all join together and hold hands in understanding of ALL belief systems. Be sure you know how to duck fast.

They should be 'happy' to be witnessing a real life experience. WTH? Well, I guess they'll argue that this killing type behavior is part of their religion. Then scream discrimination.

Just bought myself a new Toshiba Satellite 17" screen laptop. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about Toshiba. Everything I have read points to Toshiba making the best quality laptop pound for pound all things considered on the market. I am liking this Windows 7 MUCH, MUCH better than that nightmare Windows Vista on my other computers.

Husband loves his - no probs. It's an older one with Windows XP. He bought it when Vista just came out but stayed with XP. :dance:

my son received a Toshiba for his high school graduation about 4 years ago and for the most part, it has been a pretty good computer. Although, it had a tendency to restart itself, and just recently, it locked itself and he called Toshiba and had it mailed to them to get it fixed and undo the lock. Apparently, the one he has is known for doing that thing. Fortunately, it didnt cost a thing, since this is a known problem with Toshiba.

Great product.

I so own you now dude....

I'm also well aware of the Body Farm (I'd love to go there-bein a Biology guy and all). The arrival of the various insect species and the gestation period of their larvae is only useful up to a certain point. The more you tighten the time frame, the less reliable it is. If you really wanna throw a wooden shoe into the gears, put all the bodies in a walk-in freezer.

Figures. Just the opposite of what I thought. Makes sense though. But the fact that there are insects present at all, wouldn't that be helpful evidence based on what stage they're at especially in a consistent environment?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Um... you guys aren't all Finnish, right? :eek:

I'm just sayin that these maggots are prolly from a common house fly. The time period is too short for other things to come into play. This was a sealed up house--not a barn. This kind of evidence (like lie detector tests) can only be used as a guide. I know you're tryin to figure who got killed precisely when. Does it matter?

Um... you guys aren't all Finnish, right? :eek:

Let's finish this off then. :angel:

With a little game of "What's the connection?"

[video=youtube;ySwPM439F0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwPM439F0U[/video]

Because the shoes would be our Finns? I don't care, laugh at me. I didn't get it! That happens a lot.

That's okay! It's that you could tell he was an outgoing Finn because he looked at your shoes when he was talking, instead of his own shoes, which is what most of them do.

My apologies to resident Finns. <honk!>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member