VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will enough time have lapsed that they feel the exploitation and celebration of those murders is fair game and will they treat Sam as any other killer they seem to idolize?

I will bet they will use it in some way to further their "careers".

Honesty, Zig, when you're having a bad day, don't take it out on the innocent SKR kids. I read on the internet that they all said that they were only talking, posting, singing and making videos and posters of Emma and Melanie to honor their memories and absolutely NOT to earn a profit or fame.

And we all know that if it's on the internet it is true.

:rolleyes: :::and blowing raspberries at you:::

Let's finish this off then. :angel:

With a little game of "What's the connection?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwPM439F0U

pass... next question please.

That was actually some decent music. If you completely remove the screaming "lyric" portion, I would so work out to that and the keyboards reminded me of the band Kansas.

What's the connection? They are all really white, with black fingernails and...

I am liking this Windows 7 MUCH, MUCH better than that nightmare Windows Vista on my other computers.

I could see using Windows 7 on an all new computer (sorry you needed one!), but from what I've read it's a real bite to switch a computer over if one is currently running Vista. Whatever it is that MicroSoft thought they were doing with Vista, they failed. What really pi$$es me off is that we had NO choice ... when we HAD to buy yet another crashed computer, they ALL came with Vista. Harumph.

Let's finish this off then. :angel:

With a little game of "What's the connection?"

:::raising hand::: I know, I know!!! Pick me!! ::: waving hand wildly::: ME...ME!!! :::arrghhh, I finally know one:::

Dangrs, "Yes, Wadahoot? Do you know the answer?"

Me: "YES!!!! Those nice young men are just as charming as the SKR boys!!!" :dance:

I'm just sayin that these maggots are prolly from a common house fly. The time period is too short for other things to come into play. This was a sealed up house--not a barn. This kind of evidence (like lie detector tests) can only be used as a guide. I know you're tryin to figure who got killed precisely when. Does it matter?

I don't know if it matters. In some cases it does. Maybe when police need to pin down a perp. In this case it's clear who the perp is therefore it doesn't matter that much to know the exact time. Good point.

Is something going on that I don't know about? What did I miss as I just came here recently. I was beginning to think it was something I did - because I blah, blah, blah so much. Whas up?

We are a pretty tight group here but we also debate eachother and dont hold back telling another that they are wrong if we believe it. So far nobody has taken such things personally and we continue on as if we have all been friends for years so dont read too much in to what may appear to be conflict when it is really just some very intelligent people sharing their opinions and other intelligent people disagreeing with them now and then. At the end we all move forward and on to the next topic that pops up. Basically just killing a lot of time learning new and interesting things that sometimes fit in to the case itself and sometimes doesnt.
'

We are all eager for the trial to start thats for sure, until then we just discuss whatever happens to come to mind at any given time.

Feel free to speak your mind openly and freely and without regard to consequence, its a good group of mostly mature adults here and we all know its just discussion and not of a personal nature.

:::raising hand::: I know, I know!!! Pick me!! ::: waving hand wildly::: ME...ME!!! :::arrghhh, I finally know one:::

Dangrs, "Yes, Wadahoot? Do you know the answer?"

Me: "YES!!!! Those nice young men are just as charming as the SKR boys!!!" :dance:

No no no.

I think you guys are going to need some hints...

PS Tapu, isn't the outgoing Finn the one that just lost the election?

We are a pretty tight group here but we also debate eachother and dont hold back telling another that they are wrong if we believe it. So far nobody has taken such things personally and we continue on as if we have all been friends for years so dont read too much in to what may appear to be conflict when it is really just some very intelligent people sharing their opinions and other intelligent people disagreeing with them now and then. At the end we all move forward and on to the next topic that pops up. Basically just killing a lot of time learning new and interesting things that sometimes fit in to the case itself and sometimes doesnt.
'

We are all eager for the trial to start thats for sure, until then we just discuss whatever happens to come to mind at any given time.

Feel free to speak your mind openly and freely and without regard to consequence, its a good group of mostly mature adults here and we all know its just discussion and not of a personal nature.

Pax, That's exactly what I've been doing. Are you referring to my reply to CharlieChan? I thought I reiterated basically what he had previously told me. He seemed perturbed that peeps were trying to pin down the order that the killings had been done. Therefore, after consideration, I wonder if it does matter. Does it iyo? In other words, his post to mine, made me think about it differently. I must be on a different wavelength completely because I was not being snarky - just throwing some thoughts out there as I have no idea what happened, the underlying psych probs, the influence of horrorcore, why young girls would go that route, the order of things, why parents would not fight to disallow that - I know nothing. It's all speculation. I'm not feeling the love though so no biggie.

Okay time for me to take a break as I've totally misread this. You're replying to a post a page or two back. Thanks for the explanation. Something does feel off to me though - it must be me I'm sure.

Charlie is sometimes a bit rough around the edges like most of us here. But he's a good sleuth that's for sure.

Perturbed? NO WAY! Just sleuthing. Now hearing that Ziggy listens to the band Kansas perturbs me ( I used to live with the bass player in kind of a hippy house). I always liked him but I never cared much for the band. Also Ziggy-If you're working out, you do need to shower every day...LOL

Honesty, Zig, when you're having a bad day, don't take it out on the innocent SKR kids. I read on the internet that they all said that they were only talking, posting, singing and making videos and posters of Emma and Melanie to honor their memories and absolutely NOT to earn a profit or fame.

And we all know that if it's on the internet it is true.

:rolleyes: :::and blowing raspberries at you:::
I know you're being ironic wada but I totally believe this to be true.
We can't forget that they lost 3 friends in this.
I understand their anger because it seems everyone is against them for different reasons.
I think that's what's dangerous.Pain and hurt leads to anger and anger leads to violence.
Not feeling understood,thinking you can't trust anyone aren't those reasons for pain and hurt? ...I think a lot of crimes could be prevented if people would recognize that cycle early on ,in school all they seem to care about is test grades and to get rid of the kids that are "disturbing" the environment.They send them to alternative schools that are like boot camps ,noone shows them how to deal with emotions positively.
Even pain can create so much beauty.

With regard to maggots, my girlfriend is a biologist and while she doesn't currently work in forensic science, she's interested in it. Actually, we met in a forensic science class back in college. :blushing: I was the only nonscience major in the class. You can imagine how well that went. :eek:

Anyway, I digress. I just asked her about maggot formation in dead bodies and she said it obviously depends on the climate. Now, in my opinion, the murders happened sometime late tues/wee hours wednesday. Sam left the house Thursday night/wee hours friday. This means Sam was unaccounted for in the house for around 48 hours. Now, we don't know how much time he actually spent physically inside the house after the murder.

According to my girlfriend, 48 hours is probably not enough for maggots to manifest in Virginia. :lick:

children of bodom are a finnish metal band...and I love them...does that "finnish" it off?:rocker:

Not quite...it's a two part answer. You've got the first part, they're Finnish. Now connect them to the case for the second task.

And as far as Finnish people staring at their shoes, it seems worth mentioning the style of music called "shoegaze"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIYgpt9tRJ0

Pax, That's exactly what I've been doing. Are you referring to my reply to CharlieChan? I thought I reiterated basically what he had previously told me. He seemed perturbed that peeps were trying to pin down the order that the killings had been done. Therefore, after consideration, I wonder if it does matter. Does it iyo? In other words, his post to mine, made me think about it differently. I must be on a different wavelength completely because I was not being snarky - just throwing some thoughts out there as I have no idea what happened, the underlying psych probs, the influence of horrorcore, why young girls would go that route, the order of things, why parents would not fight to disallow that - I know nothing. It's all speculation. I'm not feeling the love though so no biggie.

Okay time for me to take a break as I've totally misread this. You're replying to a post a page or two back. Thanks for the explanation. Something does feel off to me though - it must be me I'm sure.

Charlie is a little different than the rest of the group, he pops in with random musings and has a unique sense of humor that most people dont get right away and he sometimes rubs some the wrong way but he is a good fellow and has provided some very important information during the time we have been here, I think Charlie is one of those guys who suffer the most from the fact that you cant see a person's body language on the net so he is sometimes taken the wrong way when his intentions are something entirely different.

I would agree that 48 hours would be pushin it for maggot formation under those conditions. I believe the search warrant said they collected "a" maggot. Interestingly, maggots are actually used in some medical cases to cleanse a wound that involves decaying flesh. They will comsume the decayed flesh and their excretions are actually sterile. Personally, I don't think I could get past feeling them squirming around. They're kinda like buzzards. They're totally disgusting, but in reality they are our friends.

FWIW, like some of the other posters here I have an interest in forensic science. My interest started in implementing digital forensic techniques, i.e. an algorithm for recognizing the source of a scanned image. I've considered going into the forensics field and so I've delved into some rather arcane and grotesque books. Many of these are available on the Internet for free BTW.

And now the weather...

histGraphAll

See also Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Four People Murdered in VA College Town #3

This is the weather reported for the approximate time of the murders including temperatures and wind information.

I think we discussed previously that the bodies would have decayed more rapidly during the first part of the week when the temperatures were higher. Also, the wind direction might help explain why the decaying bodies weren't smelled until later in the week. Note the wind direction changes on both Thursday and Friday which is when the bodies were discovered. Further analysis would be required to say this with any confidence however.

part 2 of the answer is that they named themselves after a murder that happened in Finnland?....I have to look it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ademith83