VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was she in the pub, or just caught on camera walking by?

It was always gold in the video, with black mesh on it. I don't have a clue why they were calling it black.....

Not saying that it's the case here at all, but it sadly is not all that uncommon for MP's to be missed, even is a small area when deceased. Look at Anna Smith just this past weekend and how close she was to where she went missing and there had been people in that general area searching. Sometimes, just cuz they haven't been found, doesn't mean they're not there.

Latest per Twitter is that the FBI have been called in to assist (note, this does NOT mean anything by default in terms of what happened to her or where she is).

I'm usually fairly cautious about jumping the gun like this, but the parallels with Morgan are rather striking.

Latest per Twitter is that the FBI have been called in to assist (note, this does NOT mean anything by default in terms of what happened to her or where she is).

So what does this mean? I just saw that Tweet from WDBJ7. So they will assist on any missing person case if asked or is it because she is not a citizen? I am ignorant.

Just curious, why are they sometimes called in? Because local LE requests?

FBI was called in for Alexis Murphy if I recall correctly...

This could simply be at the request of the British Embassy since she's a UK citizen. Since Hannah grew up in Northern Virginia, I wonder what her parents do. (Not sleuthing them because of rules, but if they work for the British government here, that could certainly up the possibility that the FBI would get involved.)

LE can request help in MP cases at any time. Sometimes it has to do with FBI having better access to phone records, pings, video etc, i.e they can get things done quicker.

I'm guessing that if local LE thinks this is not a runnaway, or someone lost... but more sinister... then they don't have a problem calling in the FBI to assist.

Sadly, in addition to bloodhounds they have cadaver dogs also. If no "hits" on that account, this looks very ominous.

Here is the map from Help Save the Next Girl

View attachment 59035

That map is truly stunning. I'm sat here speechless at how many young girls have gone missing/been murdered in such a close proximity. Obviously Holly Bobo and Alexis Murphy (and possibly Samantha Clarke) have had their murderers ID'd (I don't know about other girls), but it's scary that girls in that area keep going missing.

That map is truly stunning. I'm sat here speechless at how many young girls have gone missing/been murdered in such a close proximity. Obviously Holly Bobo and Alexis Murphy (and possibly Samantha Clarke) have had their murderers ID'd (I don't know about other girls), but it's scary that girls in that area keep going missing.

Terrifying. Thanks for the map, laughin!

Hello. I've just joined. I wish a forum like this didn't have to exist, but I am glad that it does. You do a good job sharing info. in a responsible manner.

A thought I had about this:

Some people speculated that the final text from Hannah was odd. If the text were written by someone other than Hannah, that person might have been trying to draw attention to himself. Specifically, I'm thinking of the disappearance of another young woman in that general vicinity a few years ago almost to the day. Perhaps it could be the perpetrator of that crime who wrote the message, giving a gruesome reminder of past actions near that location and an in-your-face to LE.

But it could be, too, that she didn't know where the party was, not that she didn't know the area ...

map.jpg

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/cha...g-for-university-of-virginia-student/28064644

The 18-year-old was seen on surveillance video outside of McGrady’s Irish Pub in Charlottesville at 12:46 a.m. She was last seen headed east on Preston Avenue. The FBI is now involved in the search for Graham.

The last anyone has heard from Graham was a text message at 1:20 a.m. Saturday morning.

Okay, so at 12:46a she was near a pub. And then at 1:20a she texted friends to say "I'm lost at 14th and Wertland," which is west of Preston where she was last captured on surveillance.

Re the map: Notice how the pins are clustered around the interstates. Thank you for posting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss