Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jane Velez Mitchell on HLN. Has her own show... kinda similar to Nancy Grace

Who or what is JVM?

JVM is an American talk show/sort of news show hostess, Jane Velez-Mitchell on the channel HLN (which used to be called CNN Headline News). She's, in my opinion, a blathering ranting talking head who tends to milk missing persons and crime cases for the very worst of sensationalism.

Jane Valdez Mitchell on HLN. Has her own show... kinda similar to Nancy Grace

Thanks. Uk based poster so I wasn't familiar with her. I'm not keen on NG and her "style" of reporting tbh

JVM=Jane Velez Mitchell Talk Show Host on HLN

Not sure why I am torturing myself listening to these 4 cackling hens and the one rooster.

While I think it is possible that it was someone other than Hannah who sent the text about being lost, I also agree with a PP who stated that a text about being lost could actually raise alarm sooner, IMO.

In one way, it may delay the friends' concern because it explained why she was late. On the other hand, if it were my friend, a text like that would prompt me to go looking for her or send another more sober friend to go looking for her and start calling her phone. It would possibly cause Hannah's friends to panic if she texted that she was lost, and then the phone turned off and she simply stopped responding, never showed up, and calls went to VM. KWIM?

It's possible a perp sent the message to delay anyone looking for Hannah but on the other hand it was a big risk that it would actually cause people to look for her sooner/immediately.

All I can say about this is the more coverage the better.Get the message out.I just can't watch this tonight,no screaming.

JVM=Jane Velez Mitchell Talk Show Host on HLN

Not sure why I am torturing myself listening to these 4 cackling hens and the one rooster.

They are all "talking" (actually screeching) over one another, and hardly any clear information is actually getting through to viewers. Oh well, at least they showed her picture and name.

Wonder where the bloodhound lost Hannah's scent? Anything written or mentioned about that?

Nope. They just said the bloodhound found her scent everywhere so they said they were bringing in another bloodhound.

Sadly, I dint think this will end well.

I know what you mean. But I just really, really hope they find her (dead or alive). I hate the agonizing cases that never reach a resolution for the missing person's family. It's heartbreaking to see a mother still looking for her child years, or even decades later. Also, the sooner they find her the more likely they are to find a decent amount of evidence with which to prosecute the person who may have abducted and/or harmed her.

While I think it is possible that it was someone other than Hannah who sent the text about being lost, I also agree with a PP who stated that a text about being lost could actually raise alarm sooner, IMO.

In one way, it may delay the friends' concern because it explained why she was late. On the other hand, if it were my friend, a text like that would prompt me to go looking for her or send another more sober friend to go looking for her and start calling her phone. It would possibly cause Hannah's friends to panic if she texted that she was lost, and then the phone turned off and she simply stopped responding, never showed up, and calls went to VM. KWIM?

It's possible a perp sent the message to delay anyone looking for Hannah but on the other hand it was a big risk that it would actually cause people to look for her sooner/immediately.

Yes, but if the point was to divert attention away from the true scene, then looking immediately isn't a problem and might even be desirable. While everybody's looking where she said she was, they could be hiding her in the opposite direction or something.

JVM is an American talk show/sort of news show hostess, Jane Velez-Mitchell on the channel HLN (which used to be called CNN Headline News). She's, in my opinion, a blathering ranting talking head who tends to milk missing persons and crime cases for the very worst of sensationalism.

And she strives(IMO) to be just as rude and crass as NG. Both drive me bonkers. They have some great guests who could probably contribute productively if they could ever finish a sentence without interruption.

Sad, so sad a case in which a young person has had too much to drink and no one she was with cares enough to see her safely home....

I was a RA for college freshman. You would be shocked at how many don't use a "buddy" system. It's scary.

Hi good folks of Websleuths. In missing persons cases, as most of you surely know, homicide is the least likely outcome, statistically-speaking. But this case is certainly becoming worrisome due to the amount of time that has now passed since Hannah Graham's last known sighting. Had she met with an accident - fell and struck her head, a traffic accident, or anything else resulting in a fatal injury - it's reasonably likely that there would be either evidence of that accident, or she would already have been found. There are no watercourses nearby into which she might fall, drown, and go undetected for a period of days (I'm leaving out that swimming pool that's been discussed - she'd have already been found if she had ended up there.) The nearby train tracks lead to various parts of the UVA campus or medical center - I suppose it's conceivable she was struck by a train, but for her not to be found by now would mean that 1) the engineer noticed nothing and 2) she landed in deep cover. Possible, but unlikely. Although she apparently got lost, she was not entirely unfamiliar with the neighborhood, and she had a cell phone. At 14th and Wertland is the UVA Hospitality House, which is open 24/7, and the campus was but a block away. So she would appear to have had a great many options to seek help or assistance, yet she is still missing.

At this point, given that we have a young person who had no known reason to willfully leave or disappear, investigators have to try to rule out misadventure. Her state of intoxication means she may have attempted an unsafe act - for example, it's not uncommon for heavily-intoxicated persons to decide to proceed to a friend's dwelling after a night of drinking, only to find they have no means of entry, and to then attempt to enter the premises by climbing to a balcony or rooftop, from which a fall can be fatal, and the body not visible from the street or frequented areas. This is one reason why the helicopter is very useful. Other heavily-intoxicated persons have sought shelter from the elements or a place to sleep by breaking into machine or utility rooms, only to accidentally electrocute themselves or find themselves locked in a rarely-used room where cell reception is hindered by building structures and/or microwave equipment.

None of those outcomes is positive, of course, but they are still less evil than Hannah's having encountered someone who did her grievous harm. And I certainly hope she will still be located alive.

http://spotcrime.com/crime/55215804-5e9e3d52782f3ad5f59fbc57b3a8286a

Police are searching for clues to find a missing University of Virginia student, and turning to the community for help. Friends and family reported 18-year-old Hannah Elizabeth Graham of Alexandria missing on Sunday when they realized they hadn't seen or heard from her since late Friday night/early Saturday morning. Charlottesville police say Graham had been drinking heavily and was last seen at 12:15 a.m. Saturday at a party in the area of 14th, 15th, and Wertland streets. Police spent much of Monday evening searching that area, as well as the nearby railroad tracks, but found nothing. Police are combing such a focused area because Graham does not have a car. View Source.

Theft09/11/14 12:00 AM1200 BLOCK OF LEE STREET
Other09/10/14 10:00 PM1300 BLOCK OF WERTLAND ST
Theft09/10/14 10:00 PM1300 BLOCK OF WERTLAND ST
Theft09/09/14 09:00 PM2000 BLOCK OF STADIUM RD
Theft09/09/14 12:00 AM1400 BLOCK OF JEFFERSON PARK AVENUE
Theft09/09/14 12:00 AM100 BLOCK OF CULBRETH ROAD
Assault09/13/14 01:40 AM100 BLOCK OF 13 ST NW
Theft09/11/14 12:00 AM400 BLOCK OF MCCORMICK ROAD

http://www.spotcrime.com/#University of Virginia

Other09/10/14 10:00 PM1300 BLOCK OF WERTLAND ST
Theft09/10/14 10:00 PM1300 BLOCK OF WERTLAND ST
Theft09/09/14 12:00 AM1400 BLOCK OF JEFFERSON PARK AVENUE
Theft09/09/14 12:00 AM100 BLOCK OF CULBRETH ROAD
Theft09/11/14 12:00 AM400 BLOCK OF MCCORMICK ROAD

http://www.spotcrime.com/#University of Virginia

Lord so that one assault took place one street over and 20 minutes after her last message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member