VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole scenario is confusing. She appeared to be moving good distances. from the Irish Pub, all the way down Preston to the Downtown Mall and now to the back of the "mall" to Water Street. Walter Street runs back into West Main Street that GOES RIGHT TO 14th and Wertland in aabout a mile...so is it still possible she went back WEST at the Water Street garage and at 1:20 am DID ACTUALLY text her friend correctly at 14th and Wertland that she was lost there? This would be the typical going around in circles scenario that you hear about (and to which one time I was drunk, I did for over an hour...walking probably 3 miles in an hour... only to accidentally end up about where I started).

This whole scenario is confusing. She appeared to be moving good distances. from the Irish Pub, all the way down Preston to the Downtown Mall and now to the back of the "mall" to Water Street. Walter Street runs back into West Main Street that GOES RIGHT TO 14th and Wertland in aabout a mile...so is it still possible she went back WEST at the Water Street garage and at 1:20 am DID ACTUALLY text her friend correctly at 14th and Wertland that she was lost there? This would be the typical going around in circles scenario that you hear about (and to which one time I was drunk, I did for over an hour...walking probably 3 miles in an hour... only to accidentally end up about where I started).

This really sounds like she truly is drunk and lost. I wonder why she broke into a run? Did she hear something that startled her? If I were drunk, lost, and in a less than savory area, and heard someone catcall or yell/say something creepy to me, or even footsteps behind me, I might break into a run to try and find somewhere safer.

I can't access video from work. can someone please follow the presser and give us anything that is NEW

IF she were given something in her drink earlier, that might explain why she'd not use her phone to call her parents or someone to come get her although its true most teens wouldn't want their parents to know they drank too much at a party either :(

She may have been running to catch the cross light or to beat a car to the intersection. I don't know.

IF she were given something in her drink earlier, that might explain why she'd not use her phone to call her parents or someone to come get her although its true most teens wouldn't want their parents to know they drank too much at a party either :(

Her phone could also have told her where she was and how to get home. But that is only if she could think clearly enough to remember that.

My understanding with date rape drugs is it puts them to sleep. She appears to be just staggering drunk...alone and confused and trying to find her way somewhere.

It says page cannot be found when I click it.

water street garage.jpg

I hope this works and doesn't blow the margins. If it does, I'll remove it promptly. This may be the garage to which they are referring.

OTOH… the stretch of West Main as it approaches 14th (and "The Corner," as it is known, with its many bars and restaurants) is probably the most familiar stretch of pavement in the city to UVa students. If she ever found her way back there, she would probably recognize exactly where she was, IMO.

Campus security may be very aware of where cameras are, and where they are not. Just a theory. (Would campus security be patrolling that area at all?)

I don't think so in those hours, if its anything like the colleges up here like Vcu and etc. they can only go so far in certain hours or to where there's a residence of students living in the area. In those circumstances of stress, the student would have to call them. Up here they a have a panic app for the phones and tablets, computers..

This would give the college patrol(police) the right to go further way from campus to help the student. Because the campus patrol work with real police. and the majority are real police.

As far as your camera question. I think they would know were the camera are., anything deeper than that as seeing her walking and tae action. I don't know.

OTOH… the stretch of West Main as it approaches 14th (and "The Corner," as it is known, with its many bars and restaurants) is probably the most familiar stretch of pavement in the city to UVa students. If she ever found her way back there, she would probably recognize exactly where she was, IMO.

Maybe, but I won't lie, I have been so drunk before I couldn't even dial a number on my phone. I had to get a stranger to dial the number for me so if she was really intoxicated it's possible she was really disoriented.

And if she lived near the 1:20 text location (Wertland is a tiny little side street) that goes nowhere... so she may have been close to her apartment and never realized it.

Stupid Googlemaps thinks the Market Street Garage and the Water Street Garage are the same thing.

I added the approximate location to the map. https://goo.gl/maps/AzEZc

IF she headed straight back toward her apartment from the parking garage, that would take her very close to the hospital where there was a report she might have been seen. If she went by the most direct route, she could have made it back by around 1:20. I'm wondering if it brought her back a different direction than she was used to, maybe she didn't recognize where she was and that's why she said she was lost?

I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member