VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many types. There is a Huge Recycling Center off McIntyre Road (crosses Preston Ave right before Hills that reach Downtown Mall). Also, everyone in C-ville is a psycho recycle person. You have to pay money to just get rid of trash. More concern is this.....if there is a body situation. God knows. Needle. Haystack.

If he had a retained lawyer, sure.

I have no doubt the lawyer advised him that he would go with him to speak to LE if that is what he wanted to do. Imo, it was JM's idea to say nothing and quickly leave the building.

If he told the lawyer he was innocent then the lawyer would advise him that the best thing he could do is have an attorney present and tell all he knew about the night he was with Hannah.

That would be the only way to get LE off his back.

Now the lawyer may have listened to JM and didn't believe him for one second and told him not to speak but if he came across as truthful there would be no reason the lawyer would advise him to hide and elude police.

That is just asking for more trouble and a lawyer knows that.

IMO

I am a 40 year old Man.

A 7 year girl comes up along side me walking home from the neighborhood Pool

She walks with me and her towel and at the first street - a small cul-de-sac - she says Bye and turns confidently, I continue on to my home deeper in the neighborhood.

I'm making spaghetti the next night - and it's all over the news that she's missing, didn't make it home from the pool, and they want anyone that saw her to call this 800 number.

I'm going to be a suspect if I call that number. I'll have to get a lawyer, with my luck. Women in my neighborhood will look at me with suspicion until my dying day.

So, I am I'm good not calling anyone and letting the little secret die with me?

No, you go home and shave your dreads.

I walked that street countless times. FAST it takes a half an hour from McGrady's to the Downtown Mall - that means RUNNING....not jogging, stopping, talking on phone - running fast. If you are lost, lordy, you don't run to the Downtown Mall from the gas station where we saw her running. The Downtown Mall is way, way down a hill after the gas station and then up another a hill. In fact, it is not obvious that one is reaching the Downtown Mall when you get to the bottom of Preston as there is a County building and other Office buildings all around. And it is dark, very dark between the gas station and the Downtown Mall. I don't have a list of the time stamps in front of me to break it down. Perhaps I will try to do that for everyone tonight. That will be some work. But I know almost every corner of Preston Ave. She ran past Bodo's, Reid's and the County Building (which was a former High School - Lane). It is not really "lots of open businesses" all the way down to the where she ended up Downtown.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/19/missing-virginia-student/15890571/

9:30 p.m. ET. Graham is captured on Camden Plaza Apartments surveillance video in a hallway a few blocks away from the GrandMarc apartments (1) where she lives.

2. 11:50 p.m. Graham's friends meet her at Camden Plaza Apartments on 14th Street Northwest. It is the last time they see her.

Sept. 13

3. 12:46 a.m. Graham is captured on surveillance video at McGrady's Pub on Grady Avenue. Police say she was having a conversation with a man and appeared drunk.

4. 1 a.m. Graham is captured on surveillance video at a Shell gas station on Preston Avenue across railroad tracks from her apartment and the UVa. campus. She's seen running then walking.

5. 1:06 a.m. Graham is captured on surveillance video at Sal's Pizza on East Main Street. A white man walks into the camera's view, looks over his shoulder then steps into a doorway. Graham walks past him and then he starts walking behind her. He later came to police and told them he was following Graham because she seemed distressed and he wanted to make sure she was safe.

6. 1:08 a.m. Graham is captured on surveillance video at Tuel's Jewelers on East Main Street. The video shows the man walking some distance behind her.

7. After 1:08 a.m. Graham and a man with dreadlocks enter Tempo Restaurant & Bar on Fifth Street Southeast. He buys alcohol, they stay 15 minutes and leave together.

• 1:20 a.m. Graham texts friends, "I'm coming to a party...but I'm lost." It was the last time she had contact with anyone. If her phone pinpointed her location, police have not released the information, and police did not clarify whether the text was sent before or after leaving the bar.

He was hired at UVA in August of 2012. That photo on the left looks like one from an employee badge. If so, someone at UVA has some 'splainin' to do

It is very possible his employee badge was in his car, along with his ID that he probably needed on Friday to cash a paycheck or get a new bank card which also could have been in his car.

I have no doubt the lawyer advised him that he would go with him to speak to LE if that is what he wanted to do. Imo, it was JM's idea to say nothing and quickly leave the building.

If he told the lawyer he was innocent then the lawyer would advise him that the best thing he could do is have an attorney present and tell all he knew about the night he was with Hannah.

That would be the only way to get LE off his back.

Now the lawyer may have listened to JM and didn't believe him for one second and told him not to speak but if he came across as truthful there would be no reason the lawyer would advise him to hide and elude police.

That is just asking for more trouble and a lawyer knows that.

IMO

You have no doubt that the lawyer would work for free? IMO, that was not the case.

I am still baffled how LE did not see JM in the video from the start and see that he was a man in dreadlocks. Even I saw this at once and I never see what others see in these blurred clips.

Wow, that's awful! If you can really dispose of a body by simply throwing in the garbage, I'm sickened. Would it really be difficult to recover a body once it gets to the landfill? Is that how the trash disposal system works in C-ville?? :(

Many types. There is a Huge Recycling Center off McIntyre Road (crosses Preston Ave right before Hills that reach Downtown Mall). Also, everyone in C-ville is a psycho recycle person. You have to pay money to just get rid of trash. More concern is this.....if there is a body situation. God knows. Needle. Haystack.

I'm not going back and forth on this if I'm just going to be asked the same question every time I answer it. I believe I answered.

Ok. Whatever. I still think his grandma (probably without thinking it through) outed him. My opinion only though.

I am a 40 year old Man.

A 7 year girl comes up along side me walking home from the neighborhood Pool

She walks with me and her towel and at the first street - a small cul-de-sac - she says Bye and turns confidently, I continue on to my home deeper in the neighborhood.

I'm making spaghetti the next night - and it's all over the news that she's missing, didn't make it home from the pool, and they want anyone that saw her to call this 800 number.

I'm going to be a suspect if I call that number. I'll have to get a lawyer, with my luck. Women in my neighborhood will look at me with suspicion until my dying day.

So, I am I'm good not calling anyone and letting the little secret die with me?

But calling for the sake of that girl and her parents is still the right thing to do. If you did nothing wrong and have nothing to hide, then you can't worry about you in that situation.

So they just miraculously picked his name out of thin air?

I don't trust the Daily Mail, it's an awful newspaper but they got their info spot on in this case. And whether they phoned grandma or she phoned them they were able to build a story from the info they got.

Just for the record my usual news sources are The Independent and The Guardian

Does The Daily Mail pay sources in its stories?

Don't you think if they had that evidence there would be no reason to be so adamant and brazen? He would announce an arrest and then put on the show for the media...

No. Without a body, what are they arresting him for? If the found Hannah's DNA in his car, so what? What are they arresting him for? What about her blood? Still, what are they arresting him for?

They need a body. It is quite rare to prosecute without a body.

You left out "cognitive dissonance" as a reason some folks think he is innocent. JMO.

The biggest reason I have found on here, repeated quite a bit, is that he doesn't "look" like the type because he has nice friends. (Note that many of his friends look like regular, middle class family people and many/most are white).

as far as I know he did tell them all he says he knows..... Its just not what the police wants to hear. They want to blame him .

I have no idea if he is guilty or innocent , but either way if someone wants to blame you for a crime you did not commit then I would lawyer up.

I did do the crime , I would get a lawyer too.

JLM did speak to the police. He stated they went their separate ways. If that is the truth then there is nothing more he can help them with.

Can you link to something showing he actually talked with LE about what he knows? I haven;t seen that and that would change things quite a bit.

I'm still not counting out that she might have been sold into sex trafficking BUT with as much press as there has been now I'm not sure.

Every time we have a missing kid or woman case sex trafficking rings get brought up. I've never seen that pan out. Not once. Sex trafficking rings exist among low-level criminals who sell Eastern European, Latin American and Asian immigrant women or runaway street children, at truck stops, etc.

Not once have I seen evidence of a white slavery sex trafficking ring. There's no need for one. Plenty of scared immigrants and drug addicted children to sell.

Hi. I am new. I can reply to your thread and you said. Why was Hannah Graham walking in that direction? This is my personal take on all of this. I have been looking very closely at this case and I couldn't follow it or was drawing a blank. I live in a college ( but it's been awhile since I attended college) but don't live in Virginia, so I am not familiar with the college there.

I had to go back to step one on the video to get some kind of understanding. When Hannah first walks out of her room she sees two people at the end of the hallway. She immediately leans forward with a startled look and then turns around in a "huff" and starts running out of there, like she is jogging I don't think she was lost.. I don't think she wanted to go back to her room. I do think it has something to do with a male but I am under the impression she was not interested in anyone, by her actions. I think she was walking around, buying time ( if that makes any sense)

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This could very well be true and I think we agree regarding the process. The basis of my speculation is that had there been a hit already, it seems to me that an arrest warrant for a major charge against JM would likely have followed immediately, IMO. I guess I don't see the point in waiting for all results if any of them came back as a match for HG.

Not without a body. There is a statutory clock that starts to run the moment someone is charged. And what would they charge him with without hard evidence that she's dead? (Blood is not enough).

Not really,,,I'm sure they have substantial evidence,,,
But Longoria pointed out that the wanted a CONVICTIOn..
Which in most cases requires substantive, definitive evidence...not just really good circumstantial evidence...
He knows a good case can be made on circumstantial evidence alone but wants to ensure a conviction based on actual facts and concrete evidence,,,
That's why such an impassioned plea to find Hannah...
Once she's found..circumstantial evidence alone won't be necessary for a conviction ...and the perp would have little chance of acquittal ....
Sadly as long as they don't have Hannah, the more difficult it is to guarantee a conviction...
I am sure that LE has more than enough to build a great case using circumstantial evidence...but wit forensics tests coming back tomorrow and committed searchers they may not have to rely on circumstantial..but will be able to win a conviction based on indisputable concrete facts that point to guilt...
I wish them well in this endeavour and send prayers of strength to Hannah's family and friends and all of us here at Ws who genuinely care...may justice be done for precious, lovely Hannah....

I agree with your post except I wanted to clarify that good circumstantial evidence is pretty much everything except confessions and witness statements of people who saw the crime in progress. DNA, fingerprints, ballistics, video, audio, mileage, witness statements about a possible perp in the area, mileage, phone records, etc., etc., it is ALL circumstantial evidence.

I think it's probably safe to assume that it got pushed to the front of the line, whether that's fair or not.

I think it is fair when talking about someone who could still be alive, versus other types of cases, Jmo.

Agreed. But I'm saying "pushed to the front of the line" may mean a couple weeks along with every other thing pushed to the front of the line.

In our recent local case the child was found dead so there wasn't a rush, and it took over 6 months for DNA to return.

The public was saying that way before WG.

I can assure you that the first I learned of the person of interest was through the media, and the first news outlet to release the name and photos was the Daily Mail. That information was posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!