VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many wanted posters are issued by CPD for traffic violators.....the circus continues

I will say this, I think it is ridiculous to release a wanted poster for reckless driving.

HOWEVER it is not unheard of to release a poster (not a 'wanted' poster) with a picture for a person wanted for questioning. We have seen this many times.

Personally, I think Longo needs to hold a presser and speak directly to JM. "I know you want a lawyer, come in, face these charges, you will be appointment a public defender, and we can do our best to get this all behind us". I think that would go a long way.

In most cases, LE doesn't talk at all and we are left here to wonder and whine about not getting any information. I find it refreshing that LE is giving us so much. At the beginning, they did that in the Erin Corwin case as well, up to and including leaking the first search warrants contents. IMO.

LE talks to get more info from the public. IT's not a good sign they are talking so much. Means they have very little and need more, and they've pretty much said so. There always is a lot of pressure on LE to make progress on these high publicity cases. THey also want to look good, look tough, look smart. IMO they have not done so well here. If they don't get something from forensics, they may just have JM in jail for reckless driving with a all time record charges and sentence just to show they got him for something.

What I am so hoping for right now that if JM had anything to do with this, and it does look probably that he did, that he gives LE some info. Without it, the chances of finding her body even are pretty low. LE does'nt do so well in those types of things without help from the perps. Also, there is a very small chance, she was left alive but hurt some place, and she may still be alive. So the focus should be to try to get Hannah back to CHarlotteville or to her parents, alive if at all possible, and if not , for closure purposes.

Not sure about Virginia but DL's don't always expire on your birthday. It all depends on when it was issued. In NJ, most teens get their license on their 17th birthday, therefore, it would expire 4 years from the date of issue. However, if you did not go for your driver's test on your birthday, it will expire 4 years from when ever you did go. My birthday is in November but I didn't get my license until January, therefore, mine expires in January, not on my birthday.
Hmmm, Driver's licenses expire on your birthday. He must've been doing a quick CYA there...

p.s. His birthday is 12/14

Was the white man seen at Tempo with her as well? If only Jesse, then it seems logical police want to question him rather than white guy.

And btw, that white man's behavior is just odd, imo. There he is in the mall video, then 2 minutes later he is seen walking behind her in the next (jewelry store? I can't remember which) surveillance video. His behavior is strange- if he was concerned for her, why not approach her and ask if she was okay? Why creep? All jmo

agree totally. makes you think there were lurkers out there preying and she was vulnerable, not saying POI isn't guilty but I'm open to thinking it could be someone else too

Maybe you wouldn't be in the same situation.

As a 40 year old mother of 3 I tend not to be out on the town trying to pick up 18 year old girls so I guess I wouldn't be in the same situation.

He has 2 warrants out for his arrest

for speeding thats all not for this particular case. So if he is arrested for speeding then he still does not have to speak at all and will be released in a couple of days.

Not sure about Virginia but DL's don't always expire on your birthday. It all depends on when it was issued. In NJ, most teens get their license on their 17th birthday, therefore, it would expire 4 years from the date of issue. However, if you did not go for your driver's test on your birthday, it will expire 4 years from when ever you did go. My birthday is in November but I didn't get my license until January, therefore, mine expires in January, not on my birthday.

I had the same question, but posters said that in VA it is always on your birthday no matter when you get your license.

He has 2 warrants out for his arrest

And now he has proven himself to be a flight risk, so his chances for bail and being released on his own recognizance or a low bail amount is rather unlikely. He created a pretty bad situation for himself, whether he is innocent of doing anything wrong with Hannah or not.

State and federal authorities who were overtly monitoring his movement saw him get into a car and leave a location to Albemarle County at a high rate of speed, driving in a matter that was reckless and placed others in danger,” Chief Longo said.
http://wtvr.com/2014/09/21/arrest-w...-hannah-graham-mystery/?shared=email&msg=fail

I don't like the way this was done.... seems like they were looking to find something to get him with... what was a high rate of speed? - going 35 in a 25mph?
If he's guilty of harming Hannah, then I all for a death sentence, so don't get me wrong...

I will say this, I think it is ridiculous to release a wanted poster for reckless driving.

HOWEVER it is not unheard of to release a poster (not a 'wanted' poster) with a picture for a person wanted for questioning. We have seen this many times.

Personally, I think Longo needs to hold a presser and speak directly to JM. "I know you want a lawyer, come in, face these charges, you will be appointment a public defender, and we can do our best to get this all behind us". I think that would go a long way.

What charges? There are no charges for the Hannah Graham case against him at this time. For the reckless driving?

Sorry if I sound dim, but how do you know when his license expires?
VA has policy of renewing licenses every 5 years, ex., at 30, 35, 40, 45, etc.. Driver licenses expire the last day of your birthday month.

As a 40 year old mother of 3 I tend not to be out on the town trying to pick up 18 year old girls so I guess I wouldn't be in the same situation.

Never say never.

Born and raised in VA and my license has always expired on my birthday. Not every year, but periodically.
Sorry, my explanation was kind of muddy -- I wasn't intending to say that it expires every year on your birthday but I realize now that's how it came across. :blushing:

I think it was very clever. Similar to Erin Corwin case; they initially arrested the prime POI for possession of a potato gun, presumably to keep him in their sights. It wasn't until they found a body that they arrested him for murder.

I wonder how many wanted posters are issued by CPD for traffic violators.....the circus continues

Disregard. I see Virginia DL's expire on birthday every 8 years.

BBM. But JM preferred to leave the police station by driving in a reckless manner, refusing to pull over and causing a car chase. That is not quite laying low. He gave them a reason to arrest him, all because of that. What the heck was he thinking to commit a driving violation (driving recklessly or speeding and then refusing to pull over) when he had just been told to lay low?
This is driving me nutso. Non-snarky question: has it been established that he blew away from the police station in a reckless manner? My recall from Longo's interview on the Today Show this morning is that this alleged incident occurred well after he had left. MOO of course.

right but you would know if the guy was super sized. You might not get their clothing , or hair , or facial feature, but something you would not miss is the large size.

Respectfully disagree. But that's neither here nor there, so moving on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo