VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He might have noticed that he lost his driver's license. Some people are notoriously bad at hanging onto their things, including ID. Did he go to DMV after police searched his car and place? He's been in so much trouble for not having driver documentation that he might finally have gotten through his head that he had better have all his paper work and ID and that he could have charges filed for driving around without a license if he can't locate his. Too bad for him, he didn't think about not driving recklessly from the PD.

In most cases, LE doesn't talk at all and we are left here to wonder and whine about not getting any information. I find it refreshing that LE is giving us so much. At the beginning, they did that in the Erin Corwin case as well, up to and including leaking the first search warrants contents. IMO.

Me too. Most of the time posters are complaining because LE doesn't say anything and now its the opposite. I find it very refreshing personally and Longo has not divulged any of the evidence he has and I do believe he does have evidence and that evidence has been sent to the lab. He has only commented where Hannah was seen and with whom either on video or by what eye witnesses have told them.

And about Richard Jewell. He was called a 'suspect.' Longo has not called JM a suspect but only a person of interest. Anyone knows he is certainly a person of interest due to him being the last known person to be with Hannah.

Personally I don't think JM is innocent at all and I think it is going to be proven he isn't.

A person who has nothing to hide cooperates with police especially when the young woman remains missing. Richard Jewell was extremely cooperative with police even though he was deemed a suspect. The reason he was cooperative is Richard knew all along he had nothing to hide.

JMs actions and behavior is not consistent with someone who is innocent.

What has happened in the past concerning race is totally irrelevant in this case, imo. While it is true that some black men were railroaded it is equally true that a lot of black men are/were very guilty of committing crimes and that includes crimes against whites....both male and female. We aren't in the dark ages anymore. DNA evidence will link him to this case or it wont.

Even JM felt very comfortable being in the presence of Hannah. I imagine a lot of his friends are also white. So he doesn't seem to be fearful to be around another race in fear he will be blamed for something he didn't do.

He will not be arrested unless they have evidence for the DA to prove the case BARD. So some saying that he will be arrested simply because he is black is just untrue imo.

IMO

tag of VAC4575
1997 light blue Nissan sentra

It appears that "light blue" is not a colour of 1997 Nissan Sentra. The closest I can find is "Silver Mint", which I suppose *might* look blue. (I googled)

He may have left his license in the vehicle that got towed.

Very good! Or maybe since police took his car thought he better renew the license (if it was expired and he hadn't taken care of that)

I doubt it was covert. They were likely right behind him, hoping he would try to lose them.

They actually weren't even driving at the time it started. Per Longo this morning on CNN he said officers witnessed JM get into a vehicle and speed off. He said wasn't clear on what happened after that. (which I find odd). Originally I was led to believe this was a chase, but based on what Longo said this morning, I don't think so.

This is my understanding as well.

According to 9/22 press conference, the speeding incident happened within 15 minutes of JM leaving the police station. Snipped from transcript (almost done now):

MR: (0:22:17) The timeline wasn't clear on this. When did this speeding take place, the reckless driving? Was that right after he left town, or the day after? I'm not (0:22:24.3 unclear).
C: (0:22:24) It was after he appeared here yesterday, at some point thereafter. Yes, sir?
MR: (0:22:30) What time, and how long was he there with you guys in the police station?
C: (0:22:35) Jim?
S: (0:22:37) He was the police station probably over at least an hour.
MR: (0:22:41) Afternoon? Morning?
S: (0:22:42) Afternoon, late afternoon, and the…(pause)...the officers encountered him after that, shortly after that, probably within 15 minutes of when he left the police department.

Notes: MR=Male Reporter, C=Chief Longo, S=Sgt. Mooney

Going to the DMV for a photo and license renewal... see, he's cooperating with authorites :drumroll:
So let me get this straight. JLM goes to the DMV to renew his license after the police show up at his apartment, seizing and searching his orange coupe? Was he driving on an expired license or something, then? :thinking:

I'm very much undecided about whether JM is responsible or not, there's just too much we don't know. And aside from missing information, there is also conflicting information, this whole case has been screwy from the start. However, I really, really hope Longo has more than what he has stated in the press conferences. Maybe forensics returns turn tomorrow with concrete evidence and we go from there. But to put up a wanted poster for reckless driving (which is ridiculous in itself) he has essentially gone all-in with JM. He has to have something aside from knowing Jm was the last person seen with Hannah. He has to be right about JM, or he has ruined lives and gotten no closer to finding her. I hope he is right

well if he is not warranted for an arrest then he has a right to disappear if he wants to. That is not how the law works. It is up to the police to figure it out. If there is uncooperative witness then its up to them to get evidence else where. I am not even sure he never spoke to any law enforcement. I am pretty sure he did since they mentioned he said he bought her drinks.

In one of the PC's a guy the chief referred to as "Jim" said they spoke to him (if I'm not mistaken) but implied dissatisfaction with the results and said he still wanted to speak to him. They gave the impression that he wasn't telling them anything.

So the bald, goatee'd black man mentioned by the white man...has he been dropped from LE attention? Did he ever exist? Looking at friends of JM, something just reminded me of that guy.

I feel like for what ever reason they purposely gave an old description of JM.

It looks like from his traffic violations that he has a few regarding suspended licenses which happen often when people don't keep up with insurance payments. He may have lapsed again and got a notice. Then had to go with new proof of insurance and pay the fine to get a new license. To me him doing things like going to the DMV shows he wasn't in a panic.

If he had a suspended license, wouldn't they just give it back to him when he cleared up his stuff rather then to have to get a new one??? Unless it expired on his LAST birthday and he's been driving without one all this time and just now decided to get a new one because of all the other stuff going on. He may not want them to get him on a technicality of not having a valid drivers license, just in case he decides to peel out of the police station after being there asking for a lawyer because he's a POI in a missing person's case or something...........IMO

This is driving me nutso. Non-snarky question: has it been established that he blew away from the police station in a reckless manner? My recall from Longo's interview on the Today Show this morning is that this alleged incident occurred well after he had left. MOO of course.

Yes it did, and it was not the police that witnessed this, it was the VSP that were tailing/following him, like 15 minutes after he left the station, at another location.

Virginia State Police said they were conducting overt surveillance of Matthew in Albemarle County, after he left the Charlottesville Police Department, when he fled in a car at a high rate of speed and police had to end surveillance.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26593843/man-seen-with-missing-uva-student-hannah-graham-being-sought

bbm

I really don't think the ID thing is all that significant other than the fact that he may have been trying to prevent a charge for having an expired license. He might have at the time been trying NOT to give LE any reason to take him in at this time and perhaps his ID had lapsed or he lost it.

I live in Virginia, lost my ID and just never got around to getting a new one during that time. It was about 4 months and I used my passport (and really only needed it when getting carded for booze). I imagine if I got pulled over during this time (or in other trouble with the cops who asked me for it to prove who I was), they would have said, take care of this in the next few days or you will get a ticket. I finally only got a new one when I was recruited for a new job.

Interesting that they were looking for something specific....could they have gotten a tip from someone or found something during one of the searches? Maybe they are getting closer to finding out what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie