VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=valmfB8ws8U

this video clears up the gloves. LE in blue is scrunching up a pair after he hands the other guy the box and he throws it in the car. definitely not evidence

what did the landlady say?

Police executed a new search warrant at his home Monday, and Matthew's landlord told WVIR that police took two items.
She also told WVIR that she hadn't seen Matthew since Thursday, and two of his roommates had moved out.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/22/us/virginia-hannah-graham-missing-what-we-know/

Please do tell!
The reporter interviewed the landlady and he suggested that she said he was much more polite and kind than he had ever been (paraphrased.)
Then you hear her quote. She says (paraphrased) He was very nice about it, cuz he owed me rent money and he was like ..."Oh, yes of course, I know, I owe rent money to you. I'm gonna get you the rent money. (paraphrased.) The reporter says was that unusual and she basically said, yeah because he knew he owed me money he was especially nice. I'll look to see if I can find a tape of the brief interview.

I feel like for what ever reason they purposely gave an old description of JM.

Interesting. I don't know if they said bald, or close shaved. If it was the latter, could close shaved mean a short buzz cut? If it is a short buzz cut with a goatee, combined with, "You know this guy" it could give one the impression it's that sketch from another case which shall not be mentioned here.

It's all so cryptic. I get that the LE are not showing all their cards, I know they hold back facts from the public with good reason, but what they DO say is strange for those following closely.

No idea, would assume a warrant for a piece of clothing would cover everything on said clothing. I may have misinterpreted the original post to which I responded; I thought she was asking about JM's DNA. IMO it would be nigh on impossible to prove that DNA from the apt was JM's, unless of course they had a reference sample from JM himself.

If any DNA obtained from the search hits on any unsolved cases, they would have enough probable cause to obtain warrants for DNA from anyone who lived in the apartment and/or drove the searched car. IMO

My license from ten years (and 2 children ago) has a VERY different weight on it. ;)

Well I know that for years my License had the wrong height on it. They made the mistake and it took me a while to notice. I kept it that way for years. ANd FYI all of that info comes from the individual anyway. I could write on my license app that I was 6 foot and I bet they would put it on there. They don't look at height and weight as much as you think at the DMV.

thanks for the news about what the landlady said but IMO ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............ 5 minutes of fame.

Absolutely, but my understanding is that these samples come directly from a suspect or POI, and are then used to obtain a warrant to get DNA directly from said person. In my opinion, it would be difficult to use trash can samples, for example, in a court of law, but they are very helpful for getting a warrant. Moo.

GOTCHA!! Thanks!

So you think they have enough cause to search DNA from his car/apt, and a match could then lead to a warrant to take his DNA directly?

How long would this take, do you think?

If any DNA obtained from the search hits on any unsolved cases, they would have enough probable cause to obtain warrants for DNA from anyone who lived in the apartment and/or drove the searched car. IMO

Completely agree. I should have been more precise in my response.

I believe he went to the DMV on Friday, and the police station on Saturday.

Well, that can explain why he went to DMV. When you go to the police station for any statement,they generally want id to verify to whom they are speaking. If he couldn't find his driver's license, he might have figured that it would be a good idea to have one when he went there It's also possible that LE noted that he just got the license when they looked at it and used the photo as a result.

I had to go and get a new license when I was buying a car Couldn't find my license. Knew I had it somewhere, but after a futile search that day, I bit the bullet and got another one. Of course I found the older one that night. Had I not needed it that day I might have let it go a week or so searching before getting a new one. Spent 4 hours of my day to get the danged thing.

Question: Has a BOLO been issued? Can they issue a BOLO for reckless driving? TIA

The trouble with that is that JLM Jr has gained about 50 lbs since 2005. When that sketch was updated in 2010, by the FBI, I thought. That looks like they redrew the new sketch from a none suspect. I feel that way even more so today. I think they've had a hunch for a very long time. Maybe not but that revised sketch looked too cleaned up. The original may be more accurate to the witness' recollection and what that man looked like NINE years ago.
I understand it's been a long time. I wasn't aware there had been more than one sketch. If he is indeed the perp this may be the first time she's seen his photo. Don't want to go OT.

agree totally. makes you think there were lurkers out there preying and she was vulnerable, not saying POI isn't guilty but I'm open to thinking it could be someone else too

Yeah. It really alarms me that not one, but two different men in the span of minutes were tracking and tailing this young woman. I know WG came forward and is unlikely to have been involved but also I don;t believe he was "concerned for her safety". Ick.

https://twitter.com/HenryGraff/status/514141924648058880

UPDATE: police say they went into Jesse Matthew's apartment looking for specific items. They found them. Won't disclose details.

Frankly, this seems like tactic to me. If they had found anything crucial they would keep their mouths shut until an arrest.

To me, LE is using high pressure tactics because they have reason to believe JM is involved in Hannah's disappearance and are trying to get him to implicate himself.

And for those who feel he won't talk, sometimes these techniques do work. Typically, FBI profilers assist and instruct LE as to how to work the case.

reckless driving is speeding over 11 mph speed limit

§ 46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit.
A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit or (ii) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit. https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-862

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990